Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

you'd think at some point they'd run out of suicide bombers lol

my idea is go old school and just encircle ISIS territory like it's a massive siege and just don't let anyone in or out

suicidally depressed people are somehow easy to come by in the middle east

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

SplitSoul posted:

Until 2014.

I wonder what that map looks like pre-2003.

well i assume there would be less red dots on coalition bases for one

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
wow must be a bunch of islamophobes in Iraq to have made them do this

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Serious Frolicking posted:

When I left in 2009 during the beginning of the end stages, our terp had tried to get to the united states through diplomatic channels and was shut down hard. Having no home to go to and certain death ahead of him at the hands of anyone and everyone, he bid us farewell and took his own life

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
in other news man shits in toilet

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

because of a combination of the american 2003 invasion of iraq and also christian oppression dating back millennia

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EX250 Type R posted:

When I left in 2009 during the beginning of the end stages, our terp had tried to get to the united states through diplomatic channels and was shut down hard. Having no home to go to and certain death ahead of him at the hands of anyone and everyone, he bid us farewell and took his own life

lol that's loving awful

no wonder the world hate us, even when people try to help us we just gently caress them over

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EX250 Type R posted:

it's sad he's in hell since since suicide is a mortal sin :P

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

SurfaceDetail posted:

wow must be a bunch of islamophobes in Iraq to have made them do this

Nah, most of them left after making any semblance of peace impossible. Daesh is a direct evolution of Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad, which grew out of the invasion. Obama himself has said as much.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

EX250 Type R posted:

did the guy at least kill some terrorists on his way out or did he do it like a bitch and only kill himself?

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

you'd think at some point they'd run out of suicide bombers lol

my idea is go old school and just encircle ISIS territory like it's a massive siege and just don't let anyone in or out

An excellent idea that i agree with but the problem is way beyond ISIS

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I hate yankees posted:

did the guy at least kill some terrorists on his way out or did he do it like a bitch and only kill himself?

I dont think it was in his nature to hurt people, he was kind of effeminate and a bitch baby but we could poo poo all over him and his country and his countrymen's religion and he would take it and tried to dish it out

unlike the terps in 2005 which were like get me an ak lets slay some fools

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Digital Fingers posted:

An excellent idea that i agree with but the problem is way beyond ISIS

the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EX250 Type R posted:

I dont think it was in his nature to hurt people, he was kind of effeminate and a bitch baby but we could poo poo all over him and his country and his countrymen's religion and he would take it and tried to dish it out

unlike the terps in 2005 which were like get me an ak lets slay some fools

if you're really making fun of the local who was helping you not get blown up or shot and you really were a soldier, I hope you suck your gun's barrel and blow your head off you miserable piece of poo poo.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

if you're really making fun of the local who was helping you not get blown up or shot and you really were a soldier, I hope you suck your gun's barrel and blow your head off you miserable piece of poo poo.

well he was a terp and when you work with and live with someone in horrible conditions and through horrible situations you form a bond that transcends common decency

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Windows 98 posted:

1) Nice high effort thread
2) Well that's pretty lovely :( much like your attempt at an OP

I cannot imagine there were any other thread options for the OP to take part in.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EX250 Type R posted:

well he was a terp and when you work with and live with someone in horrible conditions and through horrible situations you form a bond that transcends common decency

and then after her risked his and his family's life ot help us, our country left him there to die and you're laughing about it

real strong bond you must have

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moridin920 posted:

and then after her risked his and his family's life ot help us, our country left him there to die and you're laughing about it

boohoo a collaborator died

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

paul_soccer10 posted:

boohoo a collaborator died

gul dukat did nothing wrong

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

war is hell man

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Think i'm about ready to forgive Moridin for the FYAD business

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I met a terp in my undergrad arabic class but all the Saudi kids and our Lybian teacher hated his guts because his last name was abd-ali or some other thing that meant you could tell he was Shia.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

paul_soccer10 posted:

because of a combination of the american 2003 invasion of iraq and also christian oppression dating back millennia

well, probably more because iraq is a terrible place to live and there is no way out. there is a whole lot of anecdotal evidence that most suicide bombers aren't fanatics, just severely depressed people who are recruited to be suicide bombers because they are already inclined to kill themselves.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

well, probably more because iraq is a terrible place to live and there is no way out. there is a whole lot of anecdotal evidence that most suicide bombers aren't fanatics, just severely depressed people who are recruited to be suicide bombers because they are already inclined to kill themselves.

Thanks to the west

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

CNN posted:

Dozens are feared dead after floods struck northern Pakistan, washing away a mosque during Ramadan prayers, authorities told CNN Sunday.

I bet they did not sea that coming

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

SplitSoul posted:

Nah, most of them left after making any semblance of peace impossible. Daesh is a direct evolution of Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad, which grew out of the invasion. Obama himself has said as much.

Oh yeah obama the smart & successful president lmbo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that river was a terrorist

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

that river was an islamophobe

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

gently caress the ROW posted:

Oh yeah obama the smart & successful president lmbo

Nah, he's a piece of poo poo and a war criminal, but he was right in that one interview where he said that thing.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The only way to solve the problem is to devote 20+ years and billions of dollars into creating and defending an economic infrastructure for Iraq, rebuilding its means of prosperity and thus starving out the appeal of extremist banditry and crazy shoot shoot sex slave nonsense.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The only way to solve the problem is to devote 20+ years and billions of dollars into creating and defending an economic infrastructure for Iraq, rebuilding its means of prosperity and thus starving out the appeal of extremist banditry and crazy shoot shoot sex slave nonsense.

im not sure, i think we could give this war on terror some more time

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

8-Bit Scholar posted:

that's true, but at the same time gently caress that

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i mean just look at what happened to dukat

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
yeah the problem with trying to bring prosperity is it requires basic infrastructure, and boy howdy these people are not into development

Restrepo was in afganistan, but it's relevant to this problem and worth a watch

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im pretty much just firmly at look yes the region is hosed up and needs infrastructure and economic prosperity and needs to get out of the hands of a bunch of crazy theocratic radicals but like

gently caress that dude even if it is 'our fault' at this point just wash our hands of the whole affair and check back in 50-100 years and see if things have improved. at some point they need to take the onus on themselves to improve their poo poo you can't make the horse drink the water you know

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
funny how they aren't into development when it is done by western war profiteers who are at best rebuilding what they bombed in the first place. unfortunately, it isn't like anyone else wants to do it either.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
any countries in that region which get their poo poo together are constantly undermined by western powers because we like dumpster fires

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

funny how they aren't into development when it is done by western war profiteers who are at best rebuilding what they bombed in the first place.

i mean look i get that and it's a legit point but you know in a better reality the soviets never invaded afghanistan in the first place

let them do it themselves after a few decades of religious oppression, bc no one else is going to do it out of pure altruism. that sucks but it's true.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
poo poo, it isn't like i know how to fix the middle east. i just know that bombing the gently caress out of them and toppling any regime that looks at us funny doesn't seem to work very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Another mysterious episode of people spontaneously dying in horrible ways and nobody knows why. New York. London. Paris. Brussels. Miami. Now Baghdad. Is there a pattern? Whatever could the cause be?

• Locked thread