Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dabigredboat
Aug 9, 2008
Finally a Thursday without players in the games. Sometimes I get so lost in the fantasy numbers and making sure people are not sucking the dilz that I forget about the games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Geez, what is going on with Sammy Watkins? I wisely benched him but yeesh. He was supposed to be a solid WR2-3 this year. :(

aegisalpha
Mar 18, 2003

I thought hanging on to the Jets D for this week against the Bills was a good idea. I was even feeling pretty good after watching most of the first half at the bar.

Life lesson, never trust the Jets.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Leperflesh posted:

Geez, what is going on with Sammy Watkins? I wisely benched him but yeesh. He was supposed to be a solid WR2-3 this year. :(

He's dealing with some injury issues apparently. There's a non-zero chance that he gets shut down for a serious chunk of the season.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
The league getting rid of the probable designation is a huge pain in the rear end. That is my current fantasy football complaint.

Also Juliopeno Poppers is probably going to kick my rear end this week, but I live on in hope.

TheKman
Jan 3, 2010
all hells bells i totally forgot to swap my defense lol

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Leperflesh posted:

:smith: I hear ya :(

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Leperflesh posted:

It's okay, they fired the offensive coordinator, clearly he was the problem and the Bills offense is going to dominate the league now

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

gently caress. Welp. Who needs wide receivers, anyway?

aegisalpha
Mar 18, 2003

If anything Roman threw the ball too much*

*Still mad about 3 fades to Crabtree

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ninja Bob posted:

The league getting rid of the probable designation is a huge pain in the rear end. That is my current fantasy football complaint.

Also Juliopeno Poppers is probably going to kick my rear end this week, but I live on in hope.

You made some solid TE grabs that should help. I was going to get Jesse James once Ertz was officially out, but hopefully Green isn't too big a step down.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
TE chat- I'm open to trading Reed or Kelce for the right price.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Veritek83 posted:

TE chat- I'm open to trading Reed or Kelce for the right price.

Man, wish I had seen this yesterday. Kelce is the man. Hope the chiefs take him and JC on a deep playoff run this year. Reed not as much.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

During the week of Sep. 11-17, Kazah_Hstan (Jed York Super Dork) did not post! Therefore, his team is up for grabs! Team is here:

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/3332748/team/13 <-- Jeremy Langford was a $7 keeper for that team.

The next person to reply in-thread claiming the team by its owner or team name gets it (which could be the same person who missed making their post!). I will work with the new owner to ensure they can claim the team on NFL.com under their NFL.com account. You'll need to send me an email address to invite you.

It's a team with some real solid starters that could easily compete for a playoffs spot this season with a little waiver wire work to clean up its bench. I hope someone takes over this team and joins our league! League details are in the OP. Please post in thread if you have any questions.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ninja Bob posted:

This week is starting poorly :saddowns:

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
The Ravens seem to be fielding the Browns defensive unit in some kind of unhappy accident. Hope Kessler time goes well for them.

Also, JStew's goddamn lower legs are going kapput early this year.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

some might say that im a homer, but picking the defense that goes up against the non-patriots afc east QBs six times in a year is looking pretty good right now

edit: or not, christ, that second half went downhill

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 18, 2016

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I'm really excited that my already completely depleted RB bench is now faced with another possible season-ending injury. God bless you all.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Why didn't anyone stop from benching carson palmer???

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RVProfootballer posted:

TBenj going to get all those Keenan targets

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

RVProfootballer posted:

This week is starting poorly :saddowns:

Don't worry, things got better for you. I had hope, briefly...

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Lol the browns

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Going 0-2 in my other two leagues makes me thankful for the mild success here! :smugdon:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pmchem posted:

During the week of Sep. 11-17, Kazah_Hstan (Jed York Super Dork) did not post! Therefore, his team is up for grabs! Team is here:

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/3332748/team/13 <-- Jeremy Langford was a $7 keeper for that team.

The next person to reply in-thread claiming the team by its owner or team name gets it (which could be the same person who missed making their post!). I will work with the new owner to ensure they can claim the team on NFL.com under their NFL.com account. You'll need to send me an email address to invite you.

It's a team with some real solid starters that could easily compete for a playoffs spot this season with a little waiver wire work to clean up its bench. I hope someone takes over this team and joins our league! League details are in the OP. Please post in thread if you have any questions.

We still have this opening! If anyone even knows someone who _might_ be interested, please contact them and link them the league!

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

I will take over Jed York super dork and proceed to fail horribly.

Email can be my username at Gmail.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Zauper posted:

I will take over Jed York super dork and proceed to fail horribly.

Email can be my username at Gmail.

Fantastic! Welcome to the league. I just had NFL.com send you an invite to username@gmail ; please let us know when you have control. League waivers run on Tuesday nights, so you probably have a lot of changes to make on Tuesday. Good luck, and feel free to ask any questions.

dabigredboat
Aug 9, 2008
Holy poo poo I just beat pmchem. I cannot believe it. 2-0 start (I think I started 1-1 last year). Now to find out why I didn't score 200 :(.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dangit, short by less than three points, I was lured by visions of last year's saints/giants shootout.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I got worried for a minute that I might lose to a team that was missing an owner.

That said, what the gently caress Todd Gurley? I name the team after you and this is how you start the season?

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Phew, close one. Somehow this is the only league out of the five I'm in where I'm 2-0 despite not liking my team after the draft at all and then also losing Allen for the year immediately.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Lots of work needed here. Anyone interested in trading for gronk?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Everyone wants gronk, the question is, what will you take for him?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I just discovered NFL lets me place suspended players into the IR slot. Is that intended?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Everyone wants gronk, the question is, what will you take for him?

I'm just starting to get my hands around just how bad this lineup is, but....

Realistically, I'm looking for mid/high RB2 + WR2. Seems like a reasonable price for the top TE, given the gap between him and other TEs.; I could probably send an additional small piece back as well if necessary.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sent a deal. I'll have to retract it before waivers process, though, so please decide soonish.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Yay favorite Parker is alive

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

The app is such complete garbage

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

hey guys I heard there were some RB injuries this week

I happen to have a lot of RBs, send offers if you want

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I'd rather lose slowly than buy RB's at a premium and lose quickly ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I'd definitely be in the market for an RB but don't really like yours chem :/ Maybe Ingram or Latavius, but I probably wouldn't want to pay a fair price for em

• Locked thread