Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hi, I'm interested.
But, when I visit the league page, and click through to the open teams (or any team), I can't see a roster. How do I know what the keeper options might be for the four open teams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ahah, that's working. Weird that if you go from the league page directly to a team, you can select years but it just presents the empty roster with the draft notice for all years.

OK lemme take a look at these teams.

e. LOL 1 IDP player, hahah. You guys should bump that up to like at least four to six, or it's just kind of silly.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's a little tricky to figure out who was kept. E.g., when looking over the Walruses, I can look at their draft report and see who they drafted, but not who was kept from 2014. And the history team view refuses to show me anything but week 16, even if I click on the other weeks, so I can't easily see who was rostered week 1 (which isn't for sure the drafted + the kept, since there could have been trades before week 1).

Do you guys really not keep track of anything on a spreadsheet? Like, who was kept, how many years they've been kept, etc.?

e. Also what's the total budget in the draft, $200? And then do you use leftover budget for FAAB, or is there a waiver period between each week, and if so, is that based on reverse standings for priority, etc? How do you figure out the dollar value of a free agent you pick up? If you trade a player, I assume they continue to cost the same as they did on the other team... although I guess traded-for players can't be kept anyway, so...

...sorry about all the questions, I'm just trying to evaluate the four teams available.

Oh I found the league settings and yup it's one-day waivers with reverse order of standings. Sooo, camping out at the midnight rollover for the waiver wire to be over is totally a thing. :|

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 30, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK yeah that's all reasonable, sorry if I sounded otherwise.
Since there were no keepers kept previously that makes things much easier.

I was thrown by the lack of a first round pick for the Walruses, but of course it's an auction draft so rounds don't really matter, just the dollar values.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK since I made a spreadsheet to identify the keepable players on all four of the open teams, here's some helpful results for anyone else thinking of taking over one of these teams!
pre:
Robot Walruses

Eligible Player		Pos	Team	Drafted cost	Keeper cost
Demaryius Thomas	WR	DEN	$42.00		$51.70
A.J. Green		WR	CIN	$43.00		$52.80
Ben Roethlisberger	QB	PIT	$10.00		$16.50
Jimmy Graham		TE	SEA	$30.00		$38.50
Giovani	Bernard		RB	CIN	$9.00		$15.40
LeGarrette Blount	RB	NE	$13.00		$19.80
Darren	McFadden	RB	DAL	$6.00		$12.10
Cincinnati Bengals	DEF	CIN	$4.00		$9.90
Justin	Tucker		K	BAL	$3.00		$8.80
Matthew	Stafford	QB	DET	$3.00		$8.80
Larry	Fitzgerald	WR	ARI	$3.00		$8.80
Robert	Woods		WR	BUF	$3.00		$8.80

Bolton Wanderers

Jamaal Charles		RB	KC 	$60.00		$71.50
Aaron Rodgers		QB	GB	$44.00		$53.90
Ameer Abdullah		RB	DET	$20.00		$27.50
Emmanuel Sanders	WR	DEN	$34.00		$42.90
Keenan Allen 		WR	SD	$19.00		$26.40
Jason Witten		TE	DAL	$5.00		$11.00

Undead Steve McNair

Stephen	Gostkowski	K	NE	$2.00		$7.70
Mike Evans		WR	TB	$35.00		$44.00
Jonathan Stewart	RB	CAR	$24.00		$31.90
Latavius Murray		RB	OAK	$20.00		$27.50
Jordan Matthews		WR	PHI	$37.00		$46.20
Doug Martin		RB	TB	$10.00		$16.50
Davante Adams		WR	GB	$19.00		$26.40
Derek Carr		QB	OAK	$1.00		$6.60
Carson Palmer		QB	ARI	$1.00		$6.60

Tebows Before Ho's

Drew Brees		QB	NO	$16.00		$23.10
Lamar Miller		RB	MIA	$34.00		$42.90
As you can see, I didn't round off the dollar amounts, because I'm not sure if they should be rounded up no matter what, or just rounded to the nearest dollar. Also, LOL at Tebows... they dumped or traded a lot of good players last year, including Cam Newton (drafted for $18!), Amari Cooper, Tevin Coleman, Greg Olsen, Eli Manning, and more. Cam would have been a potentially dynamite keeper at a cost of $25.30.

Anyhoo, I think based on this, I'd like to take over Undead Steve McNair! Pocket Hamster looks like a great value there, either of Carr or Palmer, and then some good choices for third keeper. Tebows is a crippled team although both of those guys are reasonable keepers, the Wanderers have awesome keepers but at pretty high prices, and nothing on the Walruses really grabs me although there's several viable options.

I made an account on NFL.com so just let me know what you need - my email is my user name at gmail dot com, I have PMs, etc.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh, jeeesus. OK, that means I have to determine, for every player on the team, whether or not that player was drafted at all?

That's a lot more onerous. Well, I kept the spreadsheet so I guess I need to search the draft report for each of the ~40 players on those teams that weren't part of their initial draft.

e. and input the keeper cost for those players, too.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Yeah, it really isn't too bad. Just look at any players you might want to keep on the team, then search draft for prices.

Nah, because I might prefer to keep a medium-level player who has a very low price, vs. a high-end player whose price is merely good. To compare across the four teams, I want to see all of the keepable players and their prices.

Don't worry, I actually love spreadsheets, like, loving love them.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've had a busy weekend but I'll try to pick which team I want in the next couple of days. It doesn't look like I'm in a fierce competition with anyone anyway.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Fixed these tables. I did it in textpad so I haven't calculated the keeper costs for players that were drafted by a different team, but at least you can see who is keepable. There are quite a few unkeepable players... the Tebows can only keep 8 of the men on their week 16 roster.
pre:
Robot Walruses

Player			PO - TEAM	Drafted cost	Keeper cost
Ben Roethlisberger	QB - PIT	$10.00		$16.50
Tim Hightower		RB - NO		UNDRAFTED
Giovani Bernard		RB - CIN	$9.00		$15.40
A.J. Green		WR - CIN	$43.00		$52.80
Larry Fitzgerald	WR - ARI	$3.00		$8.80
Richard Rodgers		TE - GB		$1.00
Darren McFadden		RB - DAL	$6.00		$12.10
Demaryius Thomas	WR - DEN	$42.00		$51.70
Sam Bradford		QB - PHI	$1.00
Matthew Stafford	QB - DET	$3.00		$8.80
LeGarrette Blount	RB - NE		$13.00		$19.80
Robert Woods		WR - BUF	$3.00		$8.80
Brent Celek		TE - PHI	UNDRAFTED
Jimmy Graham		TE - SEA	$30.00
Chris Johnson		RB - ARI	UNDRAFTED
Justin Tucker		K  - BAL	$3.00		$8.80
Cincinnati Bengals	DEF- CIN	$4.00		$9.90
Ezekiel Ansah		DL - DET	UNDRAFTED

Bolton Wanderers

Aaron Rodgers		QB - GB		$44.00		$53.90
Ameer Abdullah		RB - DET	$20.00		$27.50
Javorius Allen		RB - BAL	UNDRAFTED
Emmanuel Sanders	WR - DEN	$34.00		$42.90
Kendall Wright		WR - TEN	$2.00
Jason Witten		TE - DAL	$5.00		$11.00
Dwayne Harris		WR - NYG	UNDRAFTED
Marquess Wilson		WR - CHI	UNDRAFTED
Isaiah Crowell		RB - CLE	$3.00
Bilal Powell		RB - NYJ	UNDRAFTED
C.J. Spiller		RB - NO		$9.00
Keenan Allen		WR - SD		$19.00		$26.40
Marques Colston		WR - NO		$1.00
Zach Ertz		TE - PHI	$3.00
Jamaal Charles		RB - KC		$60.00		$71.50
Cairo Santos		K - KC		UNDRAFTED
Tennessee Titans	DEF		UNDRAFTED
Ronald Darby		DB - BUF	UNDRAFTED

Undead Steve McNair

Carson Palmer		QB - ARI	$1.00		$6.60
Jonathan Stewart	RB - CAR	$24.00		$31.90
C.J. Anderson		RB - DEN	$56.00
Mike Evans		WR - TB		$35.00		$44.00
Jordan Matthews		WR - PHI	$37.00
Gary Barnidge		TE - CLE	UNDRAFTED
Doug Martin		RB - TB		$10.00		$16.50
Zach Miller		TE - CHI	UNDRAFTED
Derek Carr		QB - OAK	$1.00		$6.60
Latavius Murray		RB - OAK	$20.00		$27.50
Spencer Ware		RB - KC		UNDRAFTED
Davante Adams		WR - GB		$19.00		$26.40
Seth Roberts		WR - OAK	UNDRAFTED
Stephen Gostkowski	K - NE		$2.00		$7.70
Houston Texans		DEF		$7.00
Brian Orakpo		LB - TEN	UNDRAFTED
Chandler Jones		DL - NE		UNDRAFTED

Tebows Before Ho's

Brock Osweiler		QB - DEN	UNDRAFTED
James Starks		RB - GB		UNDRAFTED
Lamar Miller		RB - MIA	$34.00		$42.90
Golden Tate		WR - DET	$17.00
Rueben Randle		WR - NYG	$1.00
Eric Ebron		TE - DET	UNDRAFTED
Travis Benjamin		WR - CLE	UNDRAFTED
Jordan Reed		TE - WAS	UNDRAFTED
Drew Brees		QB - NO		$16.00		$23.10
Tony Romo		QB - DAL	$11.00
Justin Forsett		RB - BAL	$34.00
Jeremy Kerley		WR - NYJ	UNDRAFTED
Owen Daniels		TE - DEN	UNDRAFTED
Victor Cruz		WR - NYG	$3.00
Dan Bailey		K - DAL		$2.00
Pittsburgh Steelers	DEF		UNDRAFTED
Tampa Bay Buccaneers	DEF		UNDRAFTED
Reggie Nelson		DB - CIN	UNDRAFTED

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

And based on this data, unless the league rules are changed to allow keeping of players that were undrafted in last year's draft (Maybe at the minimum $6.60 cost?), I still want Undead Steve McNair. And I think the Walruses are pretty unattractive, while the Tebows are only good if you're really high on Lamar Miller and you also think the price on two of Romo, Brees, or Cruz are attractive. Which maybe they are.

The Wanderers have Rodgers and Charles, and even at those prices it's a viable way to go. Throw in a cheap TE maybe, or bust your bank and add in Sanders? I thought about it but I'd rather go into the draft with a reasonable budget left.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Thanks for putting these together. So who were you planning on keeping? Dougie, Evans, JStew, a QB?

Edit: Also you're too low on tebow's keepers. Miller is easily worth that price and Tate is a steal too. That's about it, but two good keepers is fine I think.

I have Miller in my dynasty league, and I'd certainly keep him if I had Tebow. Despite that, I do think the general feeling about him is discounting the risk; he was criminally underused in Miami, but as a result we have no proof that he's got the stamina to maintain as an RB1 with actual RB1 usage in a run-first offense.

I don't like Detroit this year and am down a little on Tate, although that's probably a good price for him anyway.

I don't want to say who my keepers are. I'm figuring that nobody is going to announce it ahead of time, since knowing who the other teams are keeping has a direct impact on who one might want to keep (vs. hope to get in the redraft). For example if everyone else is keeping a lot of WRs, that makes it more important to keep WRs, because fewer good WRs will be available in the draft.
So,

pmchem posted:

I updated the OP with your claim, and noted that the keeper declaration deadline is MONDAY, AUGUST 15, 2016.

When exactly on that date? And, are the keeper declarations secret until they're processed, or can everyone see them? I'm very unfamiliar with the NFL interface.

e. We have $200 to spend, total, on keepers + draft picks, right? Is there a salary cap during the season, like if players get traded or whatever?

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 9, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I already picked my keepers via the UI, although I'm waffling on one of them.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

pmchem posted:

Another issue with people picking keepers via the UI is that they may pick an ineligible player, or do the math wrong. And in that case they're gonna get all mad when I straight up axe their keeper after the fact!

What math is there to do? I calculated keeper costs for some players but there's not really any possibility of keeping three players who, by themselves, bust your entire salary cap.

But yeah if you pick an ineligible player that would suck. (You really should just set a fixed price for keeping players that were gotten off of waivers. :shrug:)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Still thinking of something clever or stupid to call my team.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Numbers in the OP sound about right to me.

Let's rename Team 10 to the Red Lectroids. (As I'm sure you already know, they are from Planet 10.)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I am hyped up!

Is there a live chatroom you guys use, or just the in-client chat?

Also is there anything in the client that tells us how much money we have left, after keepers? I want to see it for all the teams.

Oh, and I noticed we have an IR slot, I assume we can't draft directly into that slot in order to gain an extra draft round. Right?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

NFL.com says the draft room opens 30 minutes before the draft starts, so that, I guess.

...geez, 14 teams, and potentially 4 WR starters on every team, this is gonna go deeeeep into the wideouts I think.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So, the teams A Sorry Bunch of Scrubs and the Big Red Goats, with $200 budgets, didn't have any keepers?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jed York Super Dork and Dixie Wrecked, autodrafting like total pimps.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Amusing draft. Sorry for yelling at you guys about being bad at IDP (but some of you made some bizarre draft choices there).

Would anyone like a Derek Carr? Make me an offer!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah, after I climbed up your butt about your random IDP pick I saw that that had happened.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There are piles of tight ends on the waivers, too, and yet, it's worth paying a premium for Gronk. And paying more than a dollar for a handful of other TEs. Top level IDP players occupy a similar sort of distribution.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Uhhh yeah, totally open waivers? Probably worth announcing!

(Totally open waivers are always bad, there should always be a waiver period, or else it's just whoever is fastest on the trigger from learning news wins, which sucks)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well, my fault there for not checking. Fair enough.

I have a lot of opinions about fantasy football, let me tell them to you

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So I'm not feeling super confident about my team. Anyone else?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm actually gonna miss the first week of football, due to travel, which is really annoying. I've got my lineup in anyway, but... ouch, watching the first games of the regular season is usually where I start to identify all the good waiver wire prospects for later when half my team gets injured or suspended or both.

That said, I will have internet access so if someone feels the need, go ahead and tender trade offers and I'll respond to them within a day or two.

I'm open to offers for any player at any time, so don't be shy: the worst I can do is laugh in your face and post your trade offer for everyone else to laugh at say no, right?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

When every goon has seemingly bought into the wr-1-2 philosophy this year, I like to collect good RBs. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I can't pass up the value.

Not that I'm in love with starting jordan matthews, mind you. Ugh.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Welp. Guess I shoulda started will fuller. Wish I'd known Sammy's foot was still hurting.

Also thanks for almost nothing, Malclm smith.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Deangelo Williams made that waaay closer than it should've been. Cheer up, though, you'll have the highest losing score this week, and at least you're not Jed York Super Dork!

Yeah given what I'm working with, I don't hate my results.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Geez, what is going on with Sammy Watkins? I wisely benched him but yeesh. He was supposed to be a solid WR2-3 this year. :(

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

gently caress. Welp. Who needs wide receivers, anyway?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Why didn't anyone stop from benching carson palmer???

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dangit, short by less than three points, I was lured by visions of last year's saints/giants shootout.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Everyone wants gronk, the question is, what will you take for him?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I just discovered NFL lets me place suspended players into the IR slot. Is that intended?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sent a deal. I'll have to retract it before waivers process, though, so please decide soonish.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dear god help me, I'm starting fozzy whittaker.

But I won't trade away my good players for a better RB when I'm gonna have Bell in a couple weeks, and pocket hamster is probably only out three weeks as well.

So I'm starting fozzy whittaker over bilal powell (who was supposed to be a lot more useful this season, goddamnit) but I am willing to trade a slightly gimpy Sammy Watkins or a strangely underutilized Emmanuel Sanders for a short-term solid RB upgrade, if someone wants to deal.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Received two trade offers, but I couldn't pull the trigger on either, sorry guys. I looked over your rosters and didn't see an obvious counter-offer to make that wouldn't be either insulting or worse for me. But thanks for the offers anyway.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well on my way to 0-3, :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Blount will go for 20 points one week and 4 the next, and it's impossible to predict which. Because Bellicheck.

• Locked thread