Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Welcome to the League of Posts! This is a free league with auction draft, keepers, and ppr scoring.

It also has a special rule.

To stay in the league, you have to post in this thread once per calendar week during the league season. The post has to be relevant to the league or the NFL and not just dead space. If you miss a weekly post, your league spot is up for grabs! The goal is to create a low barrier-to-entry, deep league with a chatty culture that may last some number of years.

League link and details:
http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/3332748
League ID: 3332748
League Password: goonposts

ROSTER: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, K, DEF, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 WR/TE flex, 1 IDP, 5 bench, 1 reserve. Deep league!
SCORING: PPR, 5pt passing TD, 1pt/25 yd return yardage, otherwise pretty standard.

OWNERS / TEAMS (this is not a standings list):
  1. pmchem / Chem's Crusaders
  2. evilweasel / Brady Lives Matter
  3. dabigredboat / The Big Red Goats
  4. bbf2 / Stark Remain-in-Placers
  5. TheKman / Dixie Wrecked
  6. Veritek83 / Mustache Todd Gurley
  7. RVProfootballer / Juliopeno Poppers
  8. Ayudo / The Houston Oinkers
  9. aegisalpha / Heaviside's Hotties
  10. Leperflesh / Red Lectroids
  11. ZenVulgarity / Tampa Bay Suckaneers
  12. Ninja Bob / Poppin' Bortles
  13. Zauper / Jed York Super Dork
  14. Boon / A Sorry Bunch of Scrubs

HALL OF GLORY:
  • 2015 champion RVProfootballer (claimed his team mid-season!), runner-up pmchem

WAITLIST: empty; only relevant in offseasons. Mid-season, you claim spots via posting (see rules below).

Past members: blarzgh, Samarium, OBR, Time, TNG, ForeverBWFC, wtf242, vyst, Daedra, Blimpkin, Sweeper

Boilerplate rules to keep things on the up and up:

quote:

KEEPERS
You may keep up to 3 players. If a player's cost in year Y was X, their cost in year Y+1 will be (X+5)*1.1. Players may be kept up to two consecutive years. Players MUST HAVE BEEN DRAFTED (or kept) in the prior year in order to be kept -- that ensures we get nice baseline prices. Keeper declaration deadline is MONDAY, AUGUST 15, 2016. Rounding on keeper cost will be done according to Python 3 round() rules: https://docs.python.org/3/library/functions.html#round
CALENDAR WEEK? WHEN DO I HAVE TO POST?
Sunday to Saturday, inclusive, during the calendar weeks which contain a Sunday game that scores fantasy points for this league. That includes our fantasy playoffs, even if you're eliminated.
GAMING THE POST REQUIREMENT: JUST DON'T
Don't try and game the weekly posting requirement by repeatedly posting trivial stuff that people don't enjoy reading and won't want to reply to. Example: "aaron rodgers is somehow gayer than i am" for 16 weeks. Warnings will be given if your posts are borderline, so there isn't a surprise replacement of an owner.
REPLACEMENT PROCESS
If an owner misses their weekly post, I will make a post announcing that fact in thread after I've tallied everyone up. Then, the next person to reply in-thread claiming the spot by its owner or team name gets it (which could be the same person who missed making their post!). I will work with the new owner to ensure they can claim the team on NFL.com under their NFL.com account.
TRADES
Trades will be approved within 36 hours by the commissioner. Only trades that are deemed harmful to the overall integrity of the league will be rejected. Collusive trades (such as 'loaning' players for a week or two) fall under this category. Note, the commissioner is human, and if players' gametime is under 36 hours from the trade, it may not be reviewed in time for that week. No trading in the off-season.
DISPUTES
If a problem arises which cannot be resolved by the commissioner to the acceptance of both parties, a vote will be put forth to the league, with plurality ruling. In case of a tie, the commissioner's solution will be used. If the dispute is with NFL.com mechanics or scoring, NFL.com's results will be final.
DEAD TEAMS
If a team does not change their roster (to fill-in for bye week or injured players), answer email or otherwise show any interest in their franchise or the league for a period of two weeks (14 days), the commissioner of that league will make one last concerted effort to contact the franchise owner. If no response and/or improved effort is received over the next 7 days, the franchise in question will be considered a “Dead Team”. Once considered “Dead”, the owner of that franchise will be locked out of the league indefinitely. The team’s roster and starting line-up will also be locked until such time as suitable replacement owner can be found. Communication will be initiated through the SA thread or NFL league mail -- ensure you can receive mail via whatever you registered on NFL.com.
UNETHICAL PRACTICES
Participating in any of the following practices may result in your dismissal from the league. If your actions are deemed unethical and detrimental to the league by the commissioner, a vote will then be taken by your fellow owners regarding your continued participation in the league. Owners will have a period of 2 days to cast their vote; at the end of that period plurality rules with commissioner as tiebreak.
COLLUSION
Agreement between two or more competitors that restrains competition and intends to deceive or otherwise defraud the league through unethical methods. This includes two owners collaborating to help one of them win via the trade 'loan' of a player.
CHURNING
Picking up and then immediately dropping players with no evident purpose other than 'locking' them and thus preventing other owners from acquiring them during that free agency period. I understand owners change their minds, so this only includes frequent and repeated abuse.
WILLFUL DESTRUCTION
Includes dumping quality players via waivers or trades with no explainable rationale or gain; purposely starting hurt, benched, or bye week players while sitting other viable options; etc...
OTHER
Any other activities deemed unethical or detrimental to the integrity of the league as a whole.

2015 DRAFT RESULTS: http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/3332748/history/2015/draftresults
2016 KEEPER DECLARATIONS AND 2016 KEEPER COST ($):
  1. pmchem / Chem's Crusaders
    Amari Cooper 31, Moncrief 7, A-Rob 7
  2. evilweasel / Brady Lives Matter
    MCrabtree 8, RMathews 11, Duke Johnson 9
  3. dabigredboat / The Big Red Goats
    none
  4. bbf2 / Stark Remain-in-Placers
    Keenan Allen 26, Aaron Rodgers 54
  5. TheKman / Dixie Wrecked
    Mariota 11, Devonta Freeman 11
  6. Veritek83 / Mustache Todd Gurley
    Gurley 18, BMarshall 18
  7. RVProfootballer / Juliopeno Poppers
    David Johnson 7, Julio Jones 52, JLandry 30
  8. Ayudo / The Houston Oinkers
    AJGreen 53, Fitz 9
  9. aegisalpha / Heaviside's Hotties
    Edelman 26, Dalton 7, DBaldwin 7
  10. Leperflesh / Red Lectroids
    Doug Martin 16, DCarr 7, CPalmer 7
  11. ZenVulgarity / Tampa Bay Suckaneers
    Lamar Miller 43
  12. Ninja Bob / Poppin' Bortles
    Michael Floyd 11
  13. Zauper / Jed York Super Dork
    Jeremy Langford 7
  14. Boon / A Sorry Bunch of Scrubs
    none

Draft date is Saturday, Aug. 20. Please reply in thread as a roll call to claim your spot and declare your keepers. Keeper declaration deadline is MONDAY, AUGUST 15, 2016.

The league is full! Keep an eye out during the season for people who forget to post, so you can claim their team~

pmchem fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Sep 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

If a mod could change the thread icon to "fantasy", I'd appreciate it. I basically never post new threads and screwed up the OP on this one. If not, welp.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I've sent private messages to everyone who has not checked in except Daedra, which is now an invalid username on SA. We'll start finding replacements soon for those who do not check in.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I still soon begin soliciting replacements for people from last year who haven't posted in thread yet. Less than 1 month until the draft!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

OP updated -- we now have four UNCLAIMED TEAMS. To claim any of those teams, please post in this thread specifying the team by name and number. Then, private message me your email address so I can invite you to the league on nfl.com.

Draft Type: Live
Draft Date: Saturday, Aug 20, 2016 at 2:00pm EDT
Draft Order: The draft order will be randomized before the draft.

Other details on league site. You can see league history with team rosters there, too.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Hi, I'm interested.
But, when I visit the league page, and click through to the open teams (or any team), I can't see a roster. How do I know what the keeper options might be for the four open teams?

Can you access the history page? http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/3332748/history

Click on "2015 Season" there and you'll get a list of final standings for every team, and you can click on teams there to see their roster. There's also a "draft results" link to see player prices.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

It's a little tricky to figure out who was kept. E.g., when looking over the Walruses, I can look at their draft report and see who they drafted, but not who was kept from 2014. And the history team view refuses to show me anything but week 16, even if I click on the other weeks, so I can't easily see who was rostered week 1 (which isn't for sure the drafted + the kept, since there could have been trades before week 1).

Oh I found the league settings and yup it's one-day waivers with reverse order of standings. Sooo, camping out at the midnight rollover for the waiver wire to be over is totally a thing. :|

This is season two; last season we had a new league with fresh draft. No player has been kept yet. We have a limited number of keepers; I think it will be tractable to keep track of them in the OP from year-to-year. You only need to look at the week 16 rosters, really. That and the draft. Who was on a team in week 4 has no effect on keeper eligibility.

Regarding the waiver wire, we have pretty deep rosters and 14 owners. Plus, it's not a money league. I think that camping out for midnight rollover was not a thing that people did last year. People did not complain about the wire. and camping will not be worth your time. However, after we have a full roster of owners, I'm willing to put FAAB to a vote.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

OK yeah that's all reasonable, sorry if I sounded otherwise.
Since there were no keepers kept previously that makes things much easier.

I was thrown by the lack of a first round pick for the Walruses, but of course it's an auction draft so rounds don't really matter, just the dollar values.

yup, no problem, I'm here to help!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

OK since I made a spreadsheet to identify the keepable players on all four of the open teams, here's some helpful results for anyone else thinking of taking over one of these teams!

I think you may have misinterpreted the keeper rules -- if a player was _drafted_, by anyone -- he is eligible to be kept. The team he was on at the end of the season does not have to be the team he was drafted on originally. He could've been dropped, traded, etc. So, Tebows should have many more eligible players than just those two.

I'll let you reconsider what team you may wish to take over, just in case. But I'm glad you're interested!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Oh, jeeesus. OK, that means I have to determine, for every player on the team, whether or not that player was drafted at all?

That's correct. But, look at the number of owners and roster size we have. If a player is useful at all, chances are he was drafted. You can pretty much assume that. If he wasn't drafted but you would _want_ to keep him, he was probably some crazy headline-making, highly memorable midseason breakout. So we're protecting against people getting plain lucky from turning waiver priority pickups into keeper gold.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Veritek83 posted:

Do we have an official date we need to have all keeper declarations in?

Old league rules say 48 hours before the draft, but I may move that up because that Thursday/Friday will be exceptionally busy for me due to work stuff.

I'll probably make it 5 days before the draft: that's the afternoon of Monday, Aug 15.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

And based on this data, unless the league rules are changed to allow keeping of players that were undrafted in last year's draft (Maybe at the minimum $6.60 cost?), I still want Undead Steve McNair.

Great! Welcome aboard.

I updated the OP with your claim, and noted that the keeper declaration deadline is MONDAY, AUGUST 15, 2016.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ayudo posted:

I've been wanting to break into an auction draft for a few years, so I'll gladly claim The Robot Walruses. I think there's a lot of keeper potential in Gio, Fitz, and AJ Green at those prices. Especially in a league that appears to start up to 4 WRs. Sign me up, and I'll PM my e-mail.

OP updated -- welcome to the league! Yeah, please send me your email. I haven't sent Leperflesh his league invite over email yet, but I'll handle you guys both sometime soon.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

Still looking for more for this? Looks interesting and saw you mention it in another thread.

Yes! Two teams open, listed as "UNCLAIMED TEAM" in the OP. Please see OP and earlier posts in thread for details, and feel free to ask away.

Leperflesh posted:

I don't want to say who my keepers are. I'm figuring that nobody is going to announce it ahead of time, since knowing who the other teams are keeping has a direct impact on who one might want to keep (vs. hope to get in the redraft). For example if everyone else is keeping a lot of WRs, that makes it more important to keep WRs, because fewer good WRs will be available in the draft.
So,

When exactly on that date? And, are the keeper declarations secret until they're processed, or can everyone see them? I'm very unfamiliar with the NFL interface.

e. We have $200 to spend, total, on keepers + draft picks, right? Is there a salary cap during the season, like if players get traded or whatever?

I understand your point, but honestly, there's no real-world $ on the line here and min-maxing your keeper declarations based upon others' choices is extremely unlikely to make a bit of differences for whether or not you make the playoffs. I was thinking people will just state them in thread and I'll manually enter -- haven't looked in detail at the NFL.com interface, but I'll try to remember to do that tomorrow. I did already lay out who I was considering in my own entry in the OP.

Anytime on August 15th according to eastern timezone will be fine. You are free to make edits up to that point, too -- I'm not holding you to some original post. I will deal with them sometime on the 16th/17th. It could possibly be VERY EARLY MORNING on the 16th, in which case you're poo poo out of luck if you haven't declared.

$200 total on keepers+draft. No mid-season cap.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

I already picked my keepers via the UI, although I'm waffling on one of them.

Another issue with people picking keepers via the UI is that they may pick an ineligible player, or do the math wrong. And in that case they're gonna get all mad when I straight up axe their keeper after the fact!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

How do I take an unclaimed team. I made a username there and I honestly have never used NFL.com for fantasy football before.

Honestly I'm not picky on the team either. I bet either one I can make worse as a challenge!

Just message me your email address for the NFL account and I'll invite you to the team of your choosing! Posting is THE WAY! Glad you're joining us.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ZenVulgarity has now been invited, leaving us with one last open spot.

If anyone has questions about the rules or keepers, go for it. I have a busy day at work tomorrow but will be doing all sorts of league stuff this Saturday.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I was looking through the league settings, and I set a web keeper deadline so that people can't mess with things after our deadline. Note, the deadline posted IN THIS THREAD is the one that matters.

Also, when people declare keepers, apparently their value is marked as zero. So I'm going to have to calculate everyone's keeper costs anyway. No big deal.

I saw that Bolton Wanderers had set keepers in the web UI, who knows when. The 2015 owner of that team has not posted in this thread and they are marked as an UNCLAIMED TEAM (our last one). I unset their keepers. That team is still up for grabs until someone posts to claim it.

People may either declare keepers in thread or set them in the UI. But if you're looking for a competitive advantage, heads up, I may see your keepers through the league manager UI. I'm not really paying attention to them but there's no way to prevent a LM from seeing them. So please don't imagine they're secret or anything. I already know who I'm keeping anyway.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

How do I even know the prior costs of some of the players, I can't go back and look at the costs

You should be able to do that; there was some discussion of this on the previous page.

pmchem posted:

Can you access the history page? http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/3332748/history

Click on "2015 Season" there and you'll get a list of final standings for every team, and you can click on teams there to see their roster. There's also a "draft results" link to see player prices.

Hope that helps.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

k, I'll be dealing with resolving these things tomorrow

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ninja Bob posted:

Just out of interest, how will keepers work next year? Same rules, so we can only keep players drafted this year? Or some other craziness?

It's detailed in the rules:

quote:

You may keep up to 3 players. If a player's cost in year Y was X, their cost in year Y+1 will be (X+5)*1.1. Players may be kept up to two consecutive years. Players MUST HAVE BEEN DRAFTED (or kept) in the prior year in order to be kept -- that ensures we get nice baseline prices.

The "(or kept)" part is probably the answer to your question.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Okay, keepers have been verified and entered on the league site. Their costs, as determined by the formula in the rules, are also listed at the end of the OP. Please let me know if you have any questions or see any errors. Please do not attempt to edit your keeper settings or posts, I'll just consider that cheating and you forfeit your keeper(s) in question. dabigredboat was the sole owner to forget to do anything about keepers. Shame, boat, shame.

We still have one unclaimed team! This league was a lot of fun last year, I hope someone steps up and auctions with us. Potential new guy reading this: your team has good keeper options!
You can keep 0-3 players (details in OP). The following players are legit options and can be kept for the following values ($ out of 200 budget):

Jamaal Charles, 72
Jason Witten, 11
Aaron Rodgers, 54
Emmanuel Sanders, 43
Keenan Allen, 26
Zach Ertz, 9
Ameer Abdullah, 28

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

bbf2 posted:

I'll join up.

I'll keep Aaron Rodgers and Keenan Allen.

Great! Perfect timing, I was just checking SA for the last time tonight. I got your PM, invited you to league, and set your keepers. Since you're just joining up you can have another couple days to change keepers if you want -- just post any changes in this thread and I'll make changes as league admin. Thanks.

Happy to have you, welcome aboard. Draft is this Saturday, as you probably already saw. Lemme know if any of the league settings / rules are unclear. Good luck!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

yeah I screwed that up while ctrl-f name searching, my bad. I forgot we actually had a hilarious draft event last year when someone accidentally overpaid for the LB thinking he was the WR.

I'll fix later

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

Have we got a draft time yet, commish?

Isn't that set on the league site? Like 2pm ET this Saturday if I recall?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The draft is 2 hours from the time of this post. It is currently Eastern Daylight Time. The draft is 2pm ET / EDT.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

I am hyped up!

Is there a live chatroom you guys use, or just the in-client chat?

Also is there anything in the client that tells us how much money we have left, after keepers? I want to see it for all the teams.

Oh, and I noticed we have an IR slot, I assume we can't draft directly into that slot in order to gain an extra draft round. Right?

We use the in-client chat and this thread. I like to use this thread since it adds to our archived culture.

Yeah, there should be a running adjustment of each team's remaining budget in the draft app, once the draft room is available. Probably an hour before the draft? I forget exact timing.

Correct, you cannot draft a player directly into the IR slot.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

Looks like some of the keepers aren't set officially?

Please give more details ASAP so I can examine and fix if needed

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

On the league page, I click my team and see my keepers. I click your team and you have none. I'll go through and check each team and edit the full list in here, but wanted to get that posted asap.

Okay I see what you mean. I think/hope that's just a UI bug. I think the players showing are people who were selected by the team owner through the NFL interface. When I goto select my keepers from my team interface, they're greyed out (past deadline) but correct people are selected. Also, they show up here:
http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/3332748/draftinfo

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Brandon Marshall (LB - DEN) is accidentally drafted by someone AGAIN.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Good draft, guys! I really like my starters and the upside of my bench. We'll see how things shake out during week 1. Auctions are so fun :)

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

While he was posting that about Dion Lewis in another thread I was picking up James White.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Uhhh yeah, totally open waivers? Probably worth announcing!

(Totally open waivers are always bad, there should always be a waiver period, or else it's just whoever is fastest on the trigger from learning news wins, which sucks)

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/3332748/settings

quote:

Waiver Period 1 day
Waiver Type Resets to Inverse Standings Order
Post Draft Players Free Agents
Free Agent Lock Type Yes (player locks at game time)

Unchanged from last year.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The season begins... don't forget to post this calendar week: there's a Thursday game.

Good luck!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I just sent out several offers trying to move Chris Ivory and James White. Amazingly, I have too many useful RBs. I'm looking to downsize them and trade 2 for 1. I could also do a 3-for-2 where the additional players are non-RBs that retain my roster balance, if that would work better. It's hard to balance these offers and some were closer than others, but I was just trying to send out mass offers.

NFL.com only lets you have 5 active offers at a time so I had to cancel some, in order to send others. Please consider the email offer still of interest until I move those guys. If you liked it, just send me the offer. Thanks!

edit: I may also consider a 2-for-1 involving ((Ivory or White) and Markus Wheaton), for your RB.

pmchem fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 8, 2016

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Whoever I may drop -- who was not in the initial wave of trade offers -- nobody would be guaranteed to get anyway because the player would go through waivers. You know this, so you know your argument is nonsense.

Much like your team, that I can defeat without a kicker anyway. I may do that just for 'kicks'.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I have obscene RB depth, and I'm amazed the Dion Lewis or Thomas Rawls owners have not contacted me regarding a trade. I'd be willing to move a bench RB for a WR.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

Full PPR and can start 4 WR...you chose the wrong depth haha

14 teams and you gotta start 2 RB. RB's get injured more than WR. By midseason some people will be rolling out seriously terrible RBs, trust me.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Having went nearly undefeated in the league last year, designed the league settings, and played in a similar league for years, I feel pretty confident in my evaluation of positional depth. Even right now there are several WR/TE people you could pick up off the wire and start in a W/T flex. There are zero playable RBs on the wire right now. The depth just is not there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Nice redirect, mister lawyer. The fact is, everything I've said about RB and WR depth is true.

• Locked thread