Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
why the gently caress do all you nerds jerk off to this game? i just bought it and its literally unplayable. Intro is badass the premise is sweet then i get in control and it throws a loving mouse cursor in my face and tells me how to play the loving game with an xbox controller. yea let me just spend another 2 hours figuring out what the gently caress to do and let me go buy a controller i can use to play the game. id rather hang myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Grody posted:

i just bought it

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Git gud idiot loser

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Cool thread

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Can you stop posting pictures of yourself

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
"eugh this game wants me to play it using a loving controller??! gently caress this wait till GBS hears about this poo poo!!"

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

I don't like you. Or this game

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
It is indeed dumb and bad. The only people who like it are people who can sink 12 hours into a video game every day of the week, so infer from that what you will

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Chinatown posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Gobblecoque posted:

"eugh this game wants me to play it using a loving controller??! gently caress this wait till GBS hears about this poo poo!!"

Is there no mouse + keyboard controls? gently caress that.

PC MASTER RACE.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dork Quarrels.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Dude, get a controller. Keyboards were designed for typing, not for playing video games. It makes no sense to play a game with a drat keyboard. Buy the thing that was designed to play games with.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

controllers are wack as gently caress but someone should have told you before you bought dark souls that you can't really play it without one. I have a barely played copy of dark souls 1 because i sold the ps3 controller i was using to play it lol

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
But DUDE the lore! The LORE! There's no story and you don't know what to do but like, everything you pick up has some stupid loving diary stapled to it telling you what some dude was doing when he died or some poo poo so you just make the story up yourself ITS SO GOOD

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

There's lore? I just remember a lot of really weird, terse dialogue you can read if you stop long enough to read it you get brutally rear end smashed by something

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Grody posted:

why the gently caress do all you nerds jerk off to this game? i just bought it and its literally unplayable. Intro is badass the premise is sweet then i get in control and it throws a loving mouse cursor in my face and tells me how to play the loving game with an xbox controller. yea let me just spend another 2 hours figuring out what the gently caress to do and let me go buy a controller i can use to play the game. id rather hang myself

ok grandpa

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.
yea op it sucks but think about this for a moment: so do you

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

hemophilia posted:

There's lore?

Yeh but you have to find seven secret walls or some poo poo and its hidden in the bottom of a lake at he bottom of the tree it's really obscure but TOTALLY worth it even though it's just a pair of shoes that say, "In the time before cinder, Gerry had thought to travel the world. These battered shoes are all that remain of his dream." And they give you like, 5% resistance to fire, maybe.

makes you think, though.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

you can play it with keyboard + mouse controls. I did. 70+ hours and it was glorious.

commence getting gud

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
dork lols

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I've seen dudes beat it with rock band drums k&m is no excuse for not owning o&s :hellyeah:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Drunken Baker posted:

I've seen dudes beat it with rock band drums k&m is no excuse for not owning o&s :hellyeah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m2a2dLdZ0M&hd=1

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Behead those who insult Dark Souls !!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

thanks for letting me know op

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
It's no Lords of the Fallen, op. Maybe play that instead.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Keyboards are for FPS controllers are for TPS.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

A CISHET SHITLORD posted:

The only people who like it are people who can sink 12 hours into a video game every day of the week, so infer from that what you will

not really? The obsessive games are, like, WoW and Civilization. Dark Souls is a pretty straightforward adventure. You don't grind very much and it's not a billion hours long or anything.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

no you see the animations are deliberately slow and lovely. that's what makes it ***hardcore***

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
im the guy who spent way too long beating the four kings at SL1 just so i could invade you in undead burg and laugh about it

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i watched a guy play like 5 minutes of this game years ago and it looked dumb and boring as all hell

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i, however, just purchased the new DOOM game and

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013
DARK SOULS IS THE DUMBEST poo poo

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
DOOM is the Dark Souls of FPS games. When you die you reset the level and all the enemies come back too! :o

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

japan has literally never produced a good video game

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Dark Souls is good except for the bad parts imo

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

pacman idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

U need to get DSFIX my friend.

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?tag=dsfix

Download this and put the stuff in the right folder and you will be good to go. You also need a controller because it doesn't play well with M+KB.. you would know this if you had done some research before you bought it.

• Locked thread