Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/black-lives-matter-protest-at-historic-toronto-pride-parade-with-justin-trudeau

Why are ya'll letting them shut your poo poo down like that?

Does Canada have a history with police brutality against black people that I missed or something?

Though I do like the irony of them doing this in a multicultural city like Toronto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i won't forgive them now that it's near impossible to search for my nu metal revival band Black Queer Youth

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

BLM people have a reputation for calling Black Canadians Uncle Toms, when they themselves are 2nd or 3rd generation immigrants. Canadians who are actually descended from slaves and faced actual discrimination for most of our history live in Halifax, Truro, Fredericton not Toronto.

Natives here are treated like American Blacks, but these clowns interrupted a Native dance to mention Indigenous people maybe once or twice.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Canada should have ALM/NLM since they were still sending aboriginal/native children to special schools that were a big on torture and rape and light on education in the 90s (1990s, not 1890s).

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Canada should have ALM/NLM since they were still sending aboriginal/native children to special schools that were a big on torture and rape and light on education in the 90s (1990s, not 1890s).

I fully agree. I grew up Black in a town that was 97.5% White on the census, and then went on the join the Army and I still never got treated nearly as bad as Natives in either of those places.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
in the us, black lives matter people and white guilt liberals are pushing for new types of segregation in a "separate but equal" fashion, so we've come full circle

it's loving hilarious too

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
it's adorable that Canada tries to have a little miniature version of everything we have in America :3:

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

City of Tampa posted:

it's adorable that Canada tries to have a little miniature version of everything we have in America :3:

Just speaking from experience - Canada is a better, more chilled out version of the US, especially with the current state of affairs...

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

For our American friends, the province they did this in has a lesbian Premier and had a Black Lieutenant Governor, Canada just had a Black Woman Governor General.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Canada should have ALM/NLM

Is that all lives matter and its nihilistic alternative no lives matter?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Remember the time they tweeted ""Plz Allah give me strength to not cuss/kill these men and white folks out here today. Plz plz plz,"" ?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/black-lives-matter-controversial-tweet-1.3523055

Oh and their leader is being sued by the University of Toronto Student Union for taking $277,000 in severance.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/04/07/black-lives-matter-member-sued-for-severance-deal

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

most schools are like that

Quit sending your children to places where they wont learn jack poo poo

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

LadyAmbien posted:

Just speaking from experience - Canada is a better, more chilled out version of the US, especially with the current state of affairs...

Speaking as a canadian hahaha what

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!
Some guy on the media of socials told me my history was wrong when I brought up Aboriginals and their more recent and ongoing struggles here. I'm a racist for it, I guess.

He was listed as a social justice activist.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Canadians are some uppity people.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

LadyAmbien posted:

We're basically USAlite, it is truly shameful

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Do mounties still ride horses?

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
the black mages use their ice magic to stop the territories from melting which would result in all the reservation trash flowing downwards towards civilization (Toronto, only Toronto)

cnut
May 3, 2016

ChrisHansen posted:

Do mounties still ride horses?

That's not all they ride :smug:

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
I think it's the modern version of going through a phase for attention or to rebel. Instead of going goth or bi, kids today join BLM or pretend to be Muslim. The smart thing to do is just ignore them and they'll grow out of it in a few years when they see that no one cares.

Meatwolfe
Oct 31, 2011

LadyAmbien posted:

I hope you aren't including Quebec. This place sucks.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

https://twitter.com/blm_to/status/749754649951948800

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
They have BLT

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

am i misreading this or are demands 1-4 "give us money"

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

black lives are forfeit

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

paul_soccer10 posted:

You are misreading, 1-7 are saying "give us money"

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

We need BLACK ASL translators! This is important!

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ninefingers posted:

I hope you aren't including Quebec. This place sucks.

LadyAmbien doesn't know what the gently caress she's talking about. Canada is no more "chill" than the US. The racists are just as racist, sovereign citizens are in full force in Alberta and Ontario, and Quebec is a steaming pile of corruption and poo poo(seriously, Quebec loving sucks and needs to be broken up into smaller provinces with a lot of oversight)

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

LadyAmbien doesn't know what the gently caress she's talking about. Canada is no more "chill" than the US. The racists are just as racist, sovereign citizens are in full force in Alberta and Ontario, and Quebec is a steaming pile of corruption and poo poo(seriously, Quebec loving sucks and needs to be broken up into smaller provinces with a lot of oversight)

the maritimes, however, are also bad

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

LadyAmbien posted:

Please, not on the 4th tia

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
1. give money
2. gently caress the po-leese
3. check back in six months for more demands (probably money)

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

paul_soccer10 posted:

the maritimes, however, are also bad

The maritimes aren't inherently bad, they are a money pit due in part to the fishing restrictions and the government allowing fisheries to export fish to China to be processed, rather than processing them in province.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Fricken white people, eh

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Illavick posted:

1. give money
2. gently caress the po-leese
3. check back in six months for more demands (probably money)

6. taxonomic ranking of the races

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Number 8 being gently caress THA POLICE is pretty funny, but all the other ones are asking for money.

e: Isn't it a good thing, so far as disability activism, that there were any ASL translators in the first place? Are Black translators that want to appear in Pride going to appear from the ether?

Frosted Flake fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 4, 2016

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I really miss RoFo in situations like these.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
well the toronto police are in deep poo poo right now for an underage sex trafficking ring

deep poo poo is relative when you are the one responsible for investigating underage sex trafficking sex rings, though

e: why the gently caress did i think it was toronto

nigga crab pollock fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 4, 2016

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Idle No More is Canada's actual equivalent of BLM.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
BLM canada is just basically, give us free poo poo because we're black not that we deserve it or anything, btw we're going to be total shitheels too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

paul_soccer10 posted:

p much

what do you think activist groups do, jus stand around town hall with picket signs? Lol

• Locked thread