Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

:radcat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Man with history of having the smallest amount of power go straight to his head has the smallest amount of power go straight to his head

who could have forseen this meltdown that has already happened?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

LadyAmbien posted:

Here's a PM from me to me

"Dear Lady Ambien,

Run away and never return.

Sincerely, Lady Ambien"

Here's a pm from me, the gorilla man, to you:

Stay in the EN thread, the more you put into the gibbis the more it takes from you. Shitpost with friends

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

It's an election year so why don't we have elections for gbs mods

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Windows 98 posted:

Sounds like someone is pretty loving salty that asking "want to mod" was leaked even though it would have been public information as of the very nature of promoting the account.

"That account wasn't mine, but it turns out whoever had that account had the right idea and I also assume he's very handsome and good on bed"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Julian Assange
Edward Snowden
Windows 98

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Someone should buy me plat so I can enjoy the pm drama

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Should've let W98 flame out harder before you banned him but it was still p funny

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

RaceBannon posted:

do mods even do anything?

Based on current evidence they creep on women in the ladythread, ban funny posters, gas good threads, and have meltdowns that cause large swathes of the posting population to eat 6 hours

Mods are good and healthy for the community because

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I would hang it next to my medal of honor and nobel prize and olymic bronze medal

I would hang it next to my employee of the month at the dick sucking factory and my cross stitch of that pic of dgsw saying SUCK MY drat BALLS

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

loving lol at using IRC in 2016 smh

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Tbh the robomod isn't a bad idea considering how every mod in gbs gets doxxed

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Is there some sort of test we can perform to be a mod? Maybe whoever can make the most dough in 2 hours should be the gbs mod

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Nathilus posted:

Maybe you should jump on ircSNERK AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA ahem sorry, IRC.

Is this bow W98 did it? Shmoozed on a dead gay chat program for a dead gay forum?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Pound_Coin posted:

make me a mod and I'll do absolutely nothing apart from occasionally posting salt from the report queue

Mod this man

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

it's getting pretty cold in this arby's parking lot so im putting my shirt back on

look for the guy in a shirt behind the arby's if you want an asskicking

What about an asslicking :grin:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

If anything this should be a lesson to all goons about the values of networking

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

in the long run it gets you banned, gotcha

Valar Morlgoonis

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Tbh at least he blew his load in his pants before he could actually gently caress gbs

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Like imagine the poo poo show if he actually got back power and beat the gbs weasel with a shovel

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Cuckoo posted:

Is it wrong that I'm kind of sad he blew it early because his rampage would have been the funniest thing to happen to GBS in years?

It'd be funny but in the aftermath the screenshot would've gotten leaked and the idiot patrol would chase LA out and gbs would be even worse

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

I don't see how this stands out from the other mods over the years...

The girlfriend was over 18 this time

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

I don't know too much about Windows 98 in all honestly, but I thought it was real funny a while back when somebody did a comedy Mario 64 review and ran across the "Windows 98 Stop Posting Bridge".

That was putty and his videos own

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

goddamn I've been shitposting wrong this whole time

I should have just assembled a team of actual funny people to make posts for me

Shitposting comes from.the heart. It cant be made in committee

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Friendly Humour posted:

I'm going to mod GBS!

im sorry but since you talked about modding gbs you cannot mod gbs

better luck next time!!!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

goongrats

is there anyone who posts more than three times a week that he hadn't bragged at in the guise of asking for a favor?

he hasn't bragged at me but then again i do a day of solid posting and then i dont post for like 5 days

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Nostratic posted:

It'd be interesting to see how the behind the scenes stuff works, but no way in hell would I be a mod.

i'd like to be a mod but the only thing i'd do would be to open up a sticky for a "post in here for a 6 hour probe" thread because isaia did that in byob and it fuckin owned

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

iks get to do all the cool poo poo, you can do whatever except you don't see the super secret mod forums or the report queue and also the admins ignore requests for long probes, also you're off the hook after a month of it so you don't get creeped on and even if you're bad at it it doesn't matter

on the other hand modding sounds like work

yeah this sounds cool sign me up for this instead

lol if you want to come home from work/school and want to have any sort of pretend internet responsibility lmao

who am i kidding? most of you do neither of those things

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

if you notice all gbs mods are pretty well received until they try to change the forums or start trying to promote "quality" as opposed to just getting rid of people that are breaking the rules and/or dare/jon pop level spammers

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

how is this such a big deal that lowtax has to mingle with the commoners and post a thread about this and lol @ ladyambien strongly encouraging windows 98 to take a break from posting. lol grow up, it's an internet forum you guys aren't trading state secrets here.

lowtax callout threads own because you can feel how owned W98 got.

like, to normal people, stuff like this literally wouldn't matter, but W98 isn't a regular person. he spent months dragging multiple people along trying to ascend to modding godhood and got spiked at the last minute by a poster that isn't even allowed to post on the site

there also was the Dare thread where lowtax left a voicemail on Dare's mom's voicemail, that was hilarious too

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

try viewing this thread not from a normal person perspective, but as a goon who spent the last couple months choosing to spend most of their time trying to work their way up the social network of a dead gay forum

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

goongrats/goondolences on your short-lived modship

better to die a hero than to live long enough to see yourself become a villain - batman :rip:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

some of us got day drunk and have to wake up early for work

drink for me, friends

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Just more proof that a bunch of pale, clammy neckbeards spending their days huddled around a CRT monitor yields some top-tier comedy.

how about you sod off? we're experiencing some quality content for once and i'd really like it if you didn't poo poo it up for the rest of us

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

ive got plans

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

if you ASK ME, mods are all huge PIECES OF poo poo who wear HUGGIES and go POOP POOP in their PANTS

This guy has some pretty interesting ideas. I'd like to hear more about his policies on POOP POOP, tbh

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

whoflungpoop posted:

he got back with the girl tho and she continues to cheat on him so

Lol at people that do this. Respect yourself smh

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

max4me posted:

I think society is trying to move beyond cheating, by calling it open relationships.

Nah open relationships are for people who don't have enough self esteem to casually date

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

I'm coloring at work. I'm choosing to delegate my modding to someone else. Who has power issues and an inferiority complex?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

I colored a Slowbro from known bibeo game Pokeman

• Locked thread