Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zsa Zsa Gabor
Feb 22, 2006

I don't do drugs, if I want a rush I just get out of the chair when I'm not expecting it

Paramemetic posted:

You're born on the 20th day of the 12th month of the Iron Bird year.

Iron Bird is heroic and powerful and rich, and has a lot of attachment and desire for wealth of grains, food, ddrink, and so on. I am having a hard time translating the next sentence because it's very short, I think they are mainly people of change, but I can't make sense of the grammar. Sorry. The lifespan is 70 and there are 7 difficult periods, and four children.

Life force is iron,
Health is water,
Power is iron,
Luck is water.

It's a bad year for life-force and power, a good year for health, and mixed luck. Nothing special on the lok-men.

I will say that next year and the year after will be some of the harder years, as that will be your birth animal and then the year following will be the worse yet as the neighbor, for women. So there's that. This year however is just bad for the usual reasons.

Thank you. That's interesting, I've always assumed I was born on a Water Dog year. You're completely right in that this year is being kinda terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plate
Jul 5, 2006
Love for the rest of us
Fallen Rib
Sorry if I just missed it, did I get done?

Also, thanks for doing all these, they're really interesting.

HamTyler
Nov 23, 2008
Hey Parametric,

My wife just saw this and asked if you'd do the same for her:

Sept 25, 1974 (female, obviously ;))

Hoping it is better than mine was...

headlight
Nov 4, 2003

Well this sure beats that Zoltar Fortune teller machine

Male, September 1980!

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Plate posted:

Sorry if I just missed it, did I get done?

Also, thanks for doing all these, they're really interesting.

Man I had a post all typed up just now and somehow made it vanish. Welpo. Anyhow no I'm sorry, I missed you the other day after I came back.

Life force, health, and power are all water; luck is fire.

From a cursory glance at just the year you have very good life-force and luck, and good health and power. Unfortunately both the mewa and the parkha are earth elements, which is the enemy of water, so the long layout shows bad life force, mixed health and power, and good luck.

Because there's nothing "new" here I went ahead and looked at how your birth-year mewa interacts with your "descending mewa" for this year. The descending mewa changes yearly for each person. Your birth mewa is 8-White, where for you the descending mewa is 5-Yellow.

The 8-White with a 5-Yellow brings the risk of pustule-related diseases and spinal or back injury. To protect against this there is a kind of protective amulet you can make or have made.

HamTyler posted:

Hey Parametric,

My wife just saw this and asked if you'd do the same for her:

Sept 25, 1974 (female, obviously ;))

Hoping it is better than mine was...

A Wood Tiger.

Wood tiger is belligerent and has great desire and attachment for wealth and so on. They have great jealousy and pride, and they will be destroyed by the sword. Tumors, dropsy or pulmonary edema, or stomach illnesses come. Their lifespan is 66 and they have 5 difficult periods with 3 children.

The life force is wood,
Health is water,
Power is wood,
Luck is iron.

Brief look has life-force as bad and everything else as good. The extended view shows that the luck is also bad, although health is very good and power should be good.

However, it is her opposing year, with monkey opposing tiger. Her lok-men shows nothing else that I can see. She is also born under the 8-White mewa, but her descending mewa is 9-Red. In this case, she might spend up wealth and she needs to take care to avoid impurity, uncleanliness, and filth.

HamTyler
Nov 23, 2008
I'm sure she'll have some questions when she wakes up, but I can say we have 3 kids... Thanks again.

Hyperlaser
Aug 12, 2009
Hello Paramemetic, interesting stuff here.

Can you read me as well please? Info is male, August 16, 1990.

I'd also appreciate any information related to careers and spirituality.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

OP, I hope you can tell me something regarding my relationships and health, perhaps with an emphasis on the former.

I'd be especially grateful if you can give me some insight about some spiritual abilities/gifts (for lack of a better term) I seem to have. I don't understand them very well, and don't know how to develop and make use of them

Really, whatever you can tell me about anything in general would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a man, born March 4, 1959.

TIA

King Possum III fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jul 10, 2016

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

That was an interesting read! Thank you. I admit I know less than jack and poo poo about how all this works, but it seems interesting.

Plate
Jul 5, 2006
Love for the rest of us
Fallen Rib
Thanks Paramemetic :) Also that pig doodle is awesome!

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

Paramemetic posted:

I can't answer that. Be prepared regardless, but I haven't learned the methods for calculating this. It's part of a different aspect of astrology that is based on the same things but there are different techniques when dealing with sick people. I'm sorry to hear that you are not well and I hope the best for you.

As a 1986 birth you're a Fire Tiger like me, and I can say that the year is not good for us generally. It is our oppositional enemy year, it is the same element as us, it is a black year altogether. These things taken altogether make it not great for us to begin with.

Life force is wood,
Health is fire
Power is fire
Luck is iron.

Short look shows a very bad year for life force, bad health, bad wealth, good luck. Long look doesn't change it at all.

In theory, the Southeast is the best direction for you to travel for receiving medicine, and the North is the direction for revitalizing the life-force. With regards to medicine, probably you should go to whatever is the best hospital and doctor for your condition, but if it is in the Southeast I would take that as an auspicious omen.

I hope everything comes well for you. When I learn how to do medical calculations towards the end of this (Western) year, I will update this thread and maybe we can go from there.

Thank you.

That's so crazy because the best hospital in a thousand miles is SE of here, and my family is north of here.

I've been burning a ton of incense recently and it makes sense with the wood/fire.

Pine Bamboo Plum
Nov 5, 2009
This is fascinating and I have to admit that I'm curious as both a Buddhist and someone who follows Chinese astrology. I'm a woman born in 1984 (Taurus, if it helps), and I'd love to know about my career and if there's a chance for any more improvement this year. Thanks for doing these and good luck in your future studies in Tibetan astrology!

Libandano Urfam
Apr 23, 2010
Interesting thread - would there be any difference for a woman born in December 1984?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

headlight posted:

Well this sure beats that Zoltar Fortune teller machine

Male, September 1980!

An Iron Monkey.

Iron monkeys like being seen by people and have handsome bodies. They have great capacity for losing resources, wealth, and so on. They are often scapegoated but are happy in their old age. They live to 70 with 8 hard periods and even five children.

Man, I'd be interested to see how your year is going and ends up if you don't mind. Send me a PM if you'd like.

Your life force is iron,
Health is wood,
Power is iron,
Luck is wood.

Quick look at the year makes the life force bad, health mixed, wealth very bad, and luck bad. The extended view gives mixed life-force, good health, very bad wealth, and good luck. However the year double sucks for you. One, it is your own year this year, you are a monkey and it's a monkey year. Two, it's also your own mewa this year, which is never good. That, and it's a black year as well. In fact you were born on a black year so I mean daaaaaamn.

Black year for those born on a black year can get the kind of curses from demons that afflict men.

Your lok-men is Tiger, however, which makes this a chor-wa year for you, so you should be very lucky and with prayer you should be able to accomplish anything you want and defeat all your enemies. Sooo, kinda mixed messages. I'd like to know generally how your year goes because this will help me get a feel for how much weight to give those kinds of things.

Hyperlaser posted:

Hello Paramemetic, interesting stuff here.

Can you read me as well please? Info is male, August 16, 1990.

I'd also appreciate any information related to careers and spirituality.

You're an Iron Horse, I put the description back on page 1. I will do a general one for the year because I did that guy for a particular hour.

You're looking at very good life-force, good health, and mixed wealth and luck.

I looked through the bit about the 1-White mewa birth year, mostly it's a difficult birth and a lot of people abandon your family and suchlike. Your lifespan from that is 71 and it doesn't give exact information. In a past life you were a king, and then a god, but now you're a human obviously. In the future you can be a duck, and then a person, and then a naga, and if you build a statue of Chenrezig you can be reborn as a rich man or a thought-form god or some flavor of Brahmin.

None of that information is super useful for this life tho which is what you need to concern yourself with, and benefiting others generally. I will let you know by updating this thread if in my studies in India (leaving tomorrow oh god) I get some new information to give career guidance and so on.

I'm going to do the three more I have on deck right now tonight (edit:) sometime tomorrow also!!!!, so King Possum and Pine Bamboo/Libandano, and tomorrow I leave for India. I will do Alcyon on the the way there (like 30 hours total, I should have wifi for part of it supposedly) and for the people I owe some info I'll try to do that while in transit also.

Everyone after this post getting in my responses might be slow for a month, I'll check in while I can and try to answer here and there.

Thanks for the opportunity to practice everyone and I hope that I'm right for anyone I told would have a good year and wrong about everyone having lovely years - but it's a black year so maybe not haha

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jul 11, 2016

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Paramemetic posted:

(Female wood dog)

For your lokmen, it is a monkey year and you have a monkey in the yearly positions, this is a little bad. There are some practices you can have done within Buddhism that are for the benefit of naga spirits and also there's something about flesh eating spirits I don't quite understand.

Thanks so much, I find all of this really interesting. Out of curiosity, would you be able to point me in the direction of what the practices are? I've always been interested in Buddhism and tried to teach myself as much as possible about practices and aspects of Buddhism, so if you have any suggestions of anything to look into, I'd love to hear them. Again, really interesting thread, and I still haven't decided if I love the detail that you give or the cartoons more.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Either you missed mine or it was so horrible you wanted to spare me the despair l.

devilmonk
May 21, 2003

This is cool. Please tell me about December 1975, male

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
I do not have regular or reliable Internet here in Leh, I am in the city itself right now in the shadiest of Internet cafes. I did the calculations I said I would but don't have them with me. Stay tuned! I will take care of the backlog in my own time.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Paramemetic posted:

I do not have regular or reliable Internet here in Leh, I am in the city itself right now in the shadiest of Internet cafes. I did the calculations I said I would but don't have them with me. Stay tuned! I will take care of the backlog in my own time.

I'm so glad to see your post Paramemetic, and really looking forward to reading the results.

Thanks in advance, and I hope you're enjoying your trip.

Lean Six Ligma
Nov 26, 2005

Dirty Fuckin' Dangles, Boys
Hope your trip is going well!

For when you get back: Male, June 1990
And thanks for this really cool look into something I've never seen before!

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
Do people ever try to plan around avoiding having kids on certain years? Say my wife and I want to conceive but don't want a Fire Monkey kid and instead want a Fire Rooster or whatever so we put it off for a year, does anything like that happen?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

This sounds like fun! female 1995

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
It's been a hilariously unfortunate... decade or so. I'd love some false hope. What would June 1979 (female) get from your magic books?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I know you're already done Male 1987, but would you mind doing a Male 1987 born on March 9th at 12:28 PM local time? :)

I love stuff like this.

I also have some specific questions, one of which is about a trip I may be taking from July 29th to 31st. Namely, should I do it? Should I not go? Also how's my next birthday look?

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 20, 2016

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Male, Dec 9th, 1980. This is pretty cool, never even gave a thought to the idea of Tibetan astrology.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Cool why not.

Male, December 13th 1984.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I find it interesting how a lot of these signs are just objectively terrible. For example this one:

quote:

Pigs are mentally ignorant, have poor cleanliness, and like to eat. They rarely think of others. They have great "dry desire" (I have no idea what this means). They tell lots of lies. Iron pigs have a beautiful deportment and clear thoughts. They are respected by all and have great courage.

It's basically saying "You're a dumb, filthy, selfish, lying fatass. But at least you're brave, I guess." Do Tibetans make some sort of effort to not have children in years like this? It seems like some years are just objectively superior to others (compared with Western astrology where virtually everything is positive and can be subjectively applied to anyone).

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Ytlaya posted:

(compared with Western astrology where virtually everything is positive and can be subjectively applied to anyone).
actual real-deal Western astrology definitely tells you negative things and specifics, but actual real-deal Western astrology is way more complicated than "what sign are you" and not that many people know it these days.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Ytlaya posted:

I find it interesting how a lot of these signs are just objectively terrible. For example this one:

It's basically saying "You're a dumb, filthy, selfish, lying fatass. But at least you're brave, I guess." Do Tibetans make some sort of effort to not have children in years like this? It seems like some years are just objectively superior to others (compared with Western astrology where virtually everything is positive and can be subjectively applied to anyone).

I vaguely remember an episode of a hospital drama where parents were desperate to have their kid before/after the year changed, or something. Can't recall if it was ER or Greys.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Do me, do me! Male, Feb 26 1982 e: Wow thread is old, big joke on me

Nessus fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 13, 2016

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I guess you're really eager for someone to do you.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

my dad posted:

I guess you're really eager for someone to do you.
it's me, I'm the owned one

Patchouli Patrol
Nov 11, 2007

nvm, saw he answered someone with the same birth year earlier in the thread

Patchouli Patrol fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 15, 2016

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I know you're already done Male 1987, but would you mind doing a Male 1987 born on March 9th at 12:28 PM local time? :)

I love stuff like this.

I also have some specific questions, one of which is about a trip I may be taking from July 29th to 31st. Namely, should I do it? Should I not go? Also how's my next birthday look?

Lol. He asked for none of this information. I feel like you know you're egging on a bit but you're still a dumb rear end.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
paramemetic! check your PMs! there should be something in there from me

curious lump
Sep 13, 2014

by zen death robot
do you actually believe this stuff op? sincerely interested.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

curious lump posted:

do you actually believe this stuff op? sincerely interested.

Paramemetic posted:

Yes, I do believe it has value. I believe it has value on its own, for the calculation of correct dates to perform rituals and so on within Buddhism. I think it also has a mitigative protective value psychologically, at the very least. It certainly has value within the culture from which it was born as it is used and relied upon for decision making. Personally, I also believe that it has predictive value because I believe that it is a system for divination, but there are a billion caveats on things. Generally, while I acknowledge the value behind the predispositions I'm listing at the beginning of these things, I'm only mentioning them because generally Westerners like reading that kind of stuff - I don't find it particularly important what the personality traits of a person are based on their year-sign because they might not be accurate, and if they are I'll find out soon enough.

Basically, yes, I do generally believe in this stuff as it branches off my religious tradition, and I am particularly, within my religious tradition, focused on ritual. Astrology informs ritual, as you can see with SVO's chart above, by giving advice on what practices to perform, what rituals to attend, and so on.

I also totally believe you can go your whole life without knowing any of this stuff and be just fine. Ultimately, what I believe regarding it isn't nearly as important as what the subject who requests a calculation believes. In Tibetan culture, this is consulted frequently when going on trips, getting married, starting businesses, and so on. Most Tibetans I've met really believe in all of this, as it is a branch of their religious tradition. Because of that, it ultimately isn't that important whether there's some material value to it - there is spiritual value.

But I guess the short answer you're looking for is, yes, more or less. If it's my Sky-Door year and I have to go up to a great height, I'm going to be much more cautious I suppose. I'm not going to avoid things I otherwise might do, because I also believe that if it's my karma to getrekt by something, I will, but yeah, I might take it into account. I'd be a lovely astrologer if I couldn't endorse my own product. But for example I haven't calculated my trip to Ladakh at all - why bother? I'm going anyhow, and I do my Dharma practices anyhow, so there's not too much I can do if it does turn out that the astrology says I shouldn't fly in airplanes on those days.

Basically, I believe that these calculations can provide some kind of useful information that people can use to inform their decisions, but it shouldn't be the entire thing that people use to make all their decisions. If the doctor says you've got double cancer, and astrology says your health and life-force are fine, listen to the doctor.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
I'm back! And tomorrow I'll start filling in gaps and catching up!

I have two from the flight out! King Possum III is a Earth Pig

Even though Earth Pig has great resources and wealth they do not benefit their friends. They lack talent which causes enemies to arise. They are in danger from dre and earth-lords. The lifespan is 67, and there are 6 difficult periods. It's possible to have two children.

The short analysis looking at just the birth year to the current year is a perfect 100% good time.

Your life-force is water,
Health is earth,
Power is earth,
Luck is fire.

A longer view accounting for the log-men, mewa and parkha shows mixed life-force, bad health, mixed power, and good luck.

As you are male, and your lok-men is also pig, this is a sa-go year (earth-door) and so it is prudent to avoid going to cemeteries, caves, mines, or things like this. You can be afflicted by mischief-causing spirits, decay-eating spirits, or leprosy. Avoid excavation, etc.

1984 Female I didn't write down your usernames when I wrote them down before getting on the plane (in highlighter because I forgot a pen :doh: ) so this is the 1984 female who asked me around the same time as King Possum!

A Wood Mouse has a clean mind and is skillful with the hands. They are cunning and boastful. They deceive others. They have middling wealth and can get leprosy caused by naga spirits. The lifespan is 75. There are seven difficult periods. There can be five children but normally three.

Life force is water,
Health is iron,
Power is wood,
Luck is wood.

This year is good for life-force but bad for health. Power and luck are middling. Take care for good health and be careful around medical patients and so on and practice good hygiene.

I'll do more of these tomorrow as well as review old ones (HEY GAL I need to make sure yours are correct before doing some other calculations for you), but until then here is a blurry low-light picture of a thangka (painting) I saw in a deity-house for a local protector deity on the top of a small hill near Shachukul Monastery in Shachukul, Ladakh.

It features my bro Turtle-Manjusri and I was very excited to see him, and thought of you all.

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009
Welcome back. Due to an birth within our Sangha I got to see a little of the astrology in action. One thing that was mentioned was people having special days of the week based on their birth year and month. I don't want to give you more work, but what role does this play in folk's lives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Paramemetic posted:

I'm back! And tomorrow I'll start filling in gaps and catching up!

I have two from the flight out! King Possum III is a Earth Pig

Even though Earth Pig has great resources and wealth they do not benefit their friends. They lack talent which causes enemies to arise. They are in danger from dre and earth-lords. The lifespan is 67, and there are 6 difficult periods. It's possible to have two children.

The short analysis looking at just the birth year to the current year is a perfect 100% good time.

Your life-force is water,
Health is earth,
Power is earth,
Luck is fire.

A longer view accounting for the log-men, mewa and parkha shows mixed life-force, bad health, mixed power, and good luck.

As you are male, and your lok-men is also pig, this is a sa-go year (earth-door) and so it is prudent to avoid going to cemeteries, caves, mines, or things like this. You can be afflicted by mischief-causing spirits, decay-eating spirits, or leprosy. Avoid excavation, etc.

Paramemetic, thank you for for doing my analysis. I found it very interesting, even if I don't understand all the references. I did notice a few things in the reading that I was already aware of, and this tells me that I would do well to learn more about your methods.

• Locked thread