Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alcyon
Mar 9, 2010

Hey Op, you made some posts in another thread that really gave me food for thought. So lets give this a shot.

quote:

...post your birth year and, if it's before March, the month and day. The reason I need that information is that the calculation is based on the Tibetan Lunar Year. Tibetan New Year is the first new moon in Spring, so if it's before March or so it's possible that you may have been born the year before.
Male, 1977. Born 22march, 22 days late, 15min past midnight. So just passed the mark, I guess?

quote:

I probably won't get that involved for people in this thread unless they are just super into it. The long and short of that is that if your relatives die at a certain time your family has bad karma for that time already, so those times become more likely to bring obstacles.
I'd love you to do this for me if you can spare the time. Both my parents passed away, so it might be interesting. You may ask me to do/give something in return if you'd like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alcyon
Mar 9, 2010

I'll try and get back to you in 24h or so with everything I can find. I'm in a far different timezone and I'll have to dig through stuff I haven't looked at in years.

also

Reene posted:

this is extremely rad!

alcyon
Mar 9, 2010

Paramemetic, my awful app is glitchy as f tonight. i send you 2 pms. Hope you got them.

alcyon
Mar 9, 2010

Paramemetic posted:

There's also more depth I can do for obstacle calculation but the one guy I said I'd do it for I haven't done yet so I'm not really likely to pick up another at this point.
If you can spare the time, the one guy is still curious for the outcome of that one.

• Locked thread