Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

How much totally not crying will I do while watching this episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I managed not to but it was close right at the end.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

too much

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/752661947510824961

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Everything Burrito posted:

Tsumugi is a beast

the child must consume

devtesla fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 12, 2016

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Mirage posted:

The anime seems to be covering one manga chapter per episode, so if it's a typical 12-episode cour everyone in the OP should get plenty of screen time eventually.

In fact, with that schedule, I'm very slightly disappointed that the big blow-up in chapter 10 will have to wait until the second season for its emotional resolution in chapter 14.

Eh, they could rearrange things or skip a chapter or two pretty easily. I could see them fitting both without missing much.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
It's been a while since my face has been this sore from having a dumb grin on it for 22 minutes straight.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

What are you doing there Kotori

Oh i see

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kibibit posted:

It's been a while since my face has been this sore from having a dumb grin on it for 22 minutes straight.

That's some mighty fine winking there Tsumugi.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jul 12, 2016

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
That moment when your child brain realizes the big people were once small like you.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

a kitten posted:

I figured she was being blinded by her own radiant cuteness.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

a kitten posted:

COOL BEAUTY

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

a kitten posted:

this is easily one of the best animes of summer

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
This scene made me laugh
https://a.pomf.cat/vpfzmu.webm

These scenes made me :lol:
https://a.pomf.cat/wegcbv.webm
https://a.pomf.cat/sewtzh.webm
It's funny when not even a kid can tell what you drew.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/PastWillingGrouper.webm

krnhotwings fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jul 12, 2016

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Has there ever been one of these "single dad with a child" manga where the child is a boy instead of a girl?

Single mom and orbiting homos but Ohana Holoholo

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
I am very appreciative of all this fine gif work. :3

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kilonum posted:

A good ep. Kouhei worrying about how his relationship with Kotori would be seen by the rest of the school is pretty :3:

Yea I liked that he had a super reasonable worry about appearance without it being a big drama thing stretching out over a bunch of scenes.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/takaoyuki_/status/751055422035865600

a special edition of volume 7 of the manga comes with a cute little lunch box :3:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I managed not to but it was close right at the end.

It was a hard fought battle, but I made it through the episode. The offensive in the 11th hour was strong, though.

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
This series is adorable and made me buy a Crunchyroll sub. :3:

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

a kitten posted:

Reminded me of my little brothers at that age - couldn't wink properly to save their lives. Kept doing it with both eyes. It was still cute.

We need a gif of Tsumugi sparkling at the piece of raddish that flew into her hands, too! :kimchi:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Need a gif of Tsumugi inhaling that ham.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Kotori's reaction when Kouhei says "Can we even eat all this?" is pretty great. To him, it's a grand feast. To her, it's a Tuesday.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Can someone post the page with the three plates, please. I don't remember the chapter.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Can someone post the page with the three plates, please. I don't remember the chapter.

Took a bit since I was rereading the first few chapters: anyway, it was chapter 18.

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
As someone who hasn't started reading the manga yet: can we expect to see Tsumugi learning to use chopsticks anytime soon? I keep noticing the spoon and fork for her and I'm admittedly not on the ball about whether chopstick use is taught to Japanese kids at school or home or at what age.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's not something I paid much attention to so I can't tell you when the transition happened but I just glanced at the latest chapter and she's using chopsticks now. There wasn't a big "Tsumugi learns to chopstick" arc or anything though.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I tried googling when japanese kids learned to use chopsticks and ended up with this rather adorable video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CbkSuc8LP8

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

maybeflan posted:

Took a bit since I was rereading the first few chapters: anyway, it was chapter 18.

thanks

Jintor
May 19, 2014

paragon1 posted:

That moment when your child brain realizes the big people were once small like you.

the direction on that scene was really good. Just a look under the counter, then a look UP at her, then Tsumugi's face coming to a realisation.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I appreciate Kouhei's professionalism.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
God, I hope this show gets a second season. One cour isn't going to be a big enough serving.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

CryingAthena posted:

We need a gif of Tsumugi sparkling at the piece of raddish that flew into her hands, too! :kimchi:

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

Thank you! :kimchi:

I sort of feel weird watching a kid who's so into vegetables, though. Maybe it's a culture thing or I've just been surrounded by kids who did not like vegetables one bit all my life.
Ended up growing into an adult who's picky about vegetables and hence am missing out on some potentially tasty stuff out of a vegetable dislike-instinct. :(

Guess I better get around to cutting little hearts and stars out of carrots or something!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I remember being pretty unenthused about certain veggies as a kid but most of that was really just my mom being a lovely cook :shobon:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Eat your vegetables. They taste awesome. One foolproof way is roasting them.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
There are several issues: a) kids actually have slightly different tastebuds and are more sensitive to bitterness that adults can't even perceive, b) a lot of people cook vegetables in really, really bad ways, and c) different cultures have different vegetables that kids are "supposed" to dislike. I personally grew up hearing how broccoli and brussel sprouts were supposed to be disgusting (this is a lie, I've always thought they were great) while in Japan it seems to be carrots and green peppers.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 16, 2016

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I remember being pretty unenthused about certain veggies as a kid but most of that was really just my mom being a lovely cook :shobon:

I hated vegetables, but that was because I thought they always had to be served raw. My mom is an awesome cook. But when it comes to vegetables I cant think of any specially prepared vegetable that wasn't inside a soup or a can.

I hated soup also, but it wasn't because of the vegetables.

e: Also I mean veggie-specific dishes. Example she would cut up red bell pepper and I would not like it. However roast those peppers and I love them. Spinach was meh, but cooked spinach with garlic and pepper is great.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 16, 2016

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
All vegetables are gross except for the good ones (uh... Spinach, Onions, Peppers and the ones that are basically just crunchy water.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Eat your vegetables. They taste awesome. One foolproof way is roasting them.

I thought I would never like brussels sprouts, but then I learned how tasty they are when drizzled in olive oil and roasted.

• Locked thread