Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Start a Fire
Fires are great, bonfires are even better, but there's no need to limit yourself.

I dunno why the fire is in helvetica font but i bet it looks as cool in person.

Mix it with a food or drink
Put it on a leftover burger from 4th of july, or even go with a classic whiskey and coke.
For the *****ern gentleman, you can mix it with sweet tea (bonus points if your hair is white and so is your beard).
For the whiskey connoisseur, such as my dad's dad, i suggest mixing whiskey with more whiskey, even if it's a different brand of whiskey. Two good things have the potential to become one awesome thing. Feel free to share your whiskey chef ventures.

Create musical instruments with the empty bottles
Whether we like it or not, jugband music has been dead for a while. What isn't dead though are sick drum beats. Message to the percussionists: you want to grab as many whiskey bottles as you can. Variety works best, and don't be afraid to mix up glass and plastic.

Make a fuckin' bong
If you wanna test the waters you can try your luck with a plastic bottle, but if you really love whiskey you'll go all in with a glass bottle bong. All you need to do is drill with something that can respect the strong moral fiber of a whiskey bottle's glass to put the bong part in and suddenly all the other work is done for you.
Here's an example of a fully functional whiskey bottle bong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I find drinking it has always been enough for me.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
drink only the good kind, from America

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

You can buttchug it and it will work faster.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I've found the best mixer for whisky is fighting

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

thanks op gonna go get some whisky and drink it at work

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

throw it away

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I've found the best mixer for whisky is fighting

this is a good one

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Put it on some bacon with some maple syrup.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

put it in my butt

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Put it on some bacon with some maple syrup.

Those would go terrific with some whiskey waffles.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

You can apparently rub it on the gums of a teething baby to help make it less painful for them/quiet them down. That was often the preferred solution when my grandfather was a pediatrician in Alaska back in the 1950-60's, because due to snow/roads/being Alaska there often weren't better solutions available to people with babies in the more outlying areas (while everyone had whisky on hand).

Then he moved back down to a city in the continental U.S. and his new work colleagues had to have a chat with him about how recommending parents give their new babies hard liquor was, at best, extremely déclassé.

e: It also "works" for surgery in a pinch, assuming you've just been badly wounded in a battle prior to the 19th century or so.

LGD fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 5, 2016

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Macnult posted:

For the *****ern gentleman, you can mix it with sweet tea (bonus points if your hair is white and so is your beard).

In my (Mexican) family I did this for Father's Day and the night ended with my 160 lb brother beating the poo poo out of my 250 lb dad and drawing a pepito on his belly. Sweet tea and whiskey is the loving devil and I can't wait to do it again.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
crown royal, water, a bit of coke and a lime is perfection

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Whiskey is not only a good painkiller for babies but it also goes great with honey, which has a lot of stuff for your immune system. Lotta good stuff.

Obviously honey whiskey is already a thing, but if you get regular whiskey and add your own honey then
a) you have the opportunity to add your favorite brand of honey into your favorite brand of whiskey
and b) regular whiskey typically has a higher alcohol content than honey whiskey.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

no actually its not

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Tuxedo Gin posted:

no actually its not

thats just like your opinion man

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Hot Karl Marx posted:

does the water do anything fun with the lime or is it just a buffer between the crown royal and coke?

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
Neat

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

I appreciate this post from forums user Wank

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWvNAEegPBg

i've made this bourbon chicken recipe several times and it's legit. You don't need to use thigh meat either just use whatever chicken you want

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
a really strong peat flavored whiskey goes great with bratwurst, sauerkraut, and potatoes

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

did you know that there's people on the internet who CARE an incredible amount about how you should drink whisky?

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
I can't drink alcohol because of my AIDS :(

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Macnult posted:

does the water do anything fun with the lime or is it just a buffer between the crown royal and coke?

im a pussy and hate straight liquors so i need a buffer, the coke isnt really needed but I like it

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Macnult posted:

Whiskey is not only a good painkiller for babies but it also goes great with honey, which has a lot of stuff for your immune system. Lotta good stuff.

Obviously honey whiskey is already a thing, but if you get regular whiskey and add your own honey then
a) you have the opportunity to add your favorite brand of honey into your favorite brand of whiskey
and b) regular whiskey typically has a higher alcohol content than honey whiskey.

Do not feed honey to infants.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

gleebster posted:

Do not feed honey to infants.

that's true, but I think if you diluted it enough with whiskey it would be safe to give to babies

firebeats
May 8, 2016
get some scotch and just put it in a fuckin glass

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if you're a bitch and you need water in your liquor you get it *on the rocks* so the ice can melt a bit and you have water in there without looking like a total vageen

who taught you people how to drink goddamn

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

gleebster posted:

I find drinking it has always been enough for me.

:frogout:

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

WHISKY SOURS

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Put it in your butt with some drugs

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Buttchug it you loving pussy

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Moridin920 posted:

if you're a bitch and you need water in your liquor you get it *on the rocks* so the ice can melt a bit and you have water in there without looking like a total vageen

who taught you people how to drink goddamn

:agreed:

But some places gently caress up the ice and the water, so you're better off getting it straight or with a mixer like coke.

Don't get pepsi, it's sweeter and isn't really a match for whiskey.

OP is this all whiskey? As in both bourbon and scotch? As nice and flavorful as scotch is, I can drink bourbon like water.

I even got into the bourbon too early and it was moonshine :v:

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
im drinking a bottle of senators club and idgaf

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Jim Barris posted:

im drinking a bottle of senators club and idgaf

I loving love senators club

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I loving love senators club
i love this guy. we need to have a congressional meeting you and I. thats what i call downing a bottle of senators and starting a fire.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I got a bottle of that Crown Royal that won world's best whiskey or whatever and it wasn't that great IDK

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Jim Barris posted:

i love this guy. we need to have a congressional meeting you and I. thats what i call downing a bottle of senators and starting a fire.

See you at the club, senator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

a while back i heard that people put water in whiskey and that sounded weird but i figured i'd try it and well it just tasted like watered down whiskey

• Locked thread