Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Professor Shark posted:

I like to drink beer, lots of different styles, it's very very good!

i do too, im glad we can find this common ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

i'm sorry that years of over hopped ipas have killed your tastebuds. you have my condolences.

I don't think hops does that though? And I never said which IPAs I was drinking?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

naem posted:

Wheat beer in general tastes like someone wanted to make beer but just didn't have all the ingredients, like maybe in prison

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

• Give them to a thirsty hobo

• Pour them down the sink

• Demand a refund for your poo poo beer and get these with the store credit

this is a joke post, right? nobody wants to drink some foreign poo poo that was probably bottled months ago and then sat on the store shelf for another few months before some dork bought it

and not only that but it's mostly loving wheat beer, ugggghhh

Smashurbanipal
Sep 12, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A SHITTY POSTER
My friends let me tell you about the dry hopped beauty that is the "New England IPA"

Massive...

Juicy...

Fruity...

just like the OP.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
I don't drink beer only whiskey.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

None of these are stouts or porters but otherwise I agree with this poster.

my dude

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You can send your unwanted IPAs to me, I will give them a home.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

India Pale Ale, eh? So you drink one then go poo poo in the street?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
IPAs are gross as gently caress, and I can't wait for these clowns to move on to baby piss with vinegar next or whatever the gently caress they drink next instead of moving on to hard liquor like the rest of humanity

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
actually beer sucks rear end and the alcohol only detracts from the taste. drink wine if you want alcohol. alcohol free beer is ok.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I don't understand hating IPA's but loving sours

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Of course I don't understand a lot of things

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

IPAs are okay but it seems like a ton of people only like the adult-Pokemon aspects of craft brews. Let me make a list of all the funky named, colorful labeled beers I've had in my beer-pokedex-app.

I was a lot more understanding of craft brew people once I understood they were drinking for that reason instead of feeding debilitating alcoholism, as one should.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I drink IPA until I pee, eh? :cheers:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Mercrom posted:

actually beer sucks rear end and the alcohol only detracts from the taste. drink wine if you want alcohol. alcohol free beer is ok.

What the gently caress type of opinion is this? How is alcohol free beer better than regular beer with alcohol? Like they are both made the same way until they cook the beer the 2nd time to evaporate most of the alcohol.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I feel like the thing to do with an IPO is to build up a lot of hype to drive the price up quickly. Assuming you've got employee stock.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Beer is good. I like it very much.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Bimmi posted:

Beer is good. I like it very much.

Some will say you're wrong, but I say you're right!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The best part about beer is it combines alcohol and dinner.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

City of Tampa posted:

nobody wants to drink some foreign poo poo that was probably bottled months ago

Thats literaly an IPA. Just throw a ton of hops in so it doesn't go bad before you drink it just so you can have a beer on the other side of the world!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bip Roberts posted:

I just buttchugged 120 IBUs OP.

It's called a party enema

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

- Put them in your mouth
- Drink them

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Mercrom posted:

Wine is trash.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Twenty Four posted:

Thats literaly an IPA. Just throw a ton of hops in so it doesn't go bad before you drink it just so you can have a beer on the other side of the world!

qft

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Pour them in the toilet because they taste like garbage.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Bip Roberts posted:

I just buttchugged 120 IBUs OP.

PathAsc posted:

It's called a party enema

Buttchug then serve the beer right out of your tap.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Wamdoodle posted:

Buttchug then serve the beer right out of your tap.

That is called a Double IPA.

Sex Falcon
Jun 4, 2013

:parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
lmao at all the hard-boiled tough guys who only drink 'hard liquor'

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Professor Shark posted:

I don't understand hating IPA's but loving sours

Bitter and sour are entirely different kinds of tastes!

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Twenty Four posted:

maybe back when beer had to travel by ship to soldiers on the other side of the planet, but now you can get fresh beer so IPAs are hoppy just for their delicious flavor

Not to mention that there is no reason whatsoever to drink imported beers anymore, you live in the best beer country and we make all of the greatest beer right here

all of that foreign poo poo with cartoon monks and german medieval poo poo (or w/e) on the bottle takes forever to get here and sits in the stores forever. and wheat beer sucks even when it's fresh

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Wheat beers always have a description that includes bananas and cloves, two things that I don't want my beer to taste like. Luckily I rarely taste my beer, I just gulp it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
IPAs give me a splitting headache and idk why.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Professor Shark posted:

Wheat beers always have a description that includes bananas and cloves, two things that I don't want my beer to taste like. Luckily I rarely taste my beer, I just gulp it.

Why even bother, then? Order a rum and coke or something.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

GENESSEE

C

R

E

A

M

ale

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I don't mind a good IPA but there are so many crappy ones out there I'd rather not bother trying them usually

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
You could try drinking them? Else shove them up your rear end.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
wtf is up with "session" beers? I keep seeing stuff that looks interesting but when I read the label it's like 4% or less. like I rarely even get a buzz from beer anymore but gently caress that poo poo

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Sex Falcon posted:

lmao at all the hard-boiled tough guys who only drink 'hard liquor'

the something awful comedy forums are full of hard-boiled tough guys. you're lucky you don't get shanked posting here, weenie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

City of Tampa posted:

wtf is up with "session" beers? I keep seeing stuff that looks interesting but when I read the label it's like 4% or less. like I rarely even get a buzz from beer anymore but gently caress that poo poo

ithink they're supposed to be like day-time beers so you can knock a few back but still be okay for the rest of the day?

• Locked thread