Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

sincx posted:

[url]https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:h_zoclwa9j4J:https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/4sw7t5/my_25f_family_will_not_accept_my_fiance_25m_into/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us[/url]

She's 6'3". I don't think she's going to have an easy time finding someone taller than her.

Where do I sign up for the polysex thing?

EDIT: After fiddling with these weird 'murican units I take that back, she's still shorter than me. Dammit.

zakharov posted:

I've been drunk but never "bullied into a threesome" drunk.

Then you've never really been drunk.
You see, getting drunk and making horrible life-changing decisions that you'll have to deal with when you sober up is the Dark Souls of real life.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jul 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bonzo posted:

bald fat

Am I the only one who thinks that nobody should've been crying or given a silent treatment to?
Provided that both statements were intended as jokes that is.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zzulu posted:

canned air?

Canned Air?
Has the time of good 'ol fashioned alcoholism passed away or something?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Gaunab posted:

I [22M] have a feeling that my gf [27F] might be cheating on me.

"My GF has been killing people and burning their bodies. Is she a murderer or am I just paranoid?"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

Going on a date today with a girl who is obsessed with The Witcher franchise so if that leads to anything funny I will dutifully report.

Ask her if she chose Triss or Yennifer. If she says Triss, leave immediately.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

A woman obsessed with nerdy indoor/sedentary activities not fit??

Just because you're a miserable shut-in nerd that haven't done any exercising at all for the last 20 years, like me, doesn't mean that you're necessarily going to be fat.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

CheesyDog posted:

My gf has been naturally thin her whole life. Me, on the other hand, have been a thin guy with trouble gaining weight up until I was around 20 which was when my metabolism finally slowed

This whole bit makes me angry.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Shugojin posted:

There's a kid who works under me who is this and it kinda sucks watching him put everything into the relationship when she doesn't really care that much.

Like I'm pretty sure she thinks she cares but honestly all they had in common was getting high as gently caress and then loving which is okay when you're 18 but now she's pregnant because they didn't use condoms because "she had a rare condition that makes it almost impossible" and welp.

Geez. That poor idiot.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Blacktoll posted:

I thought that love conquers all was in terms of outside factors not internal poo poo like, "my girlfriend of two months makes me wear a bell while I get pegged."

Yeah, I see how being forced to wear a bell would be a dealbreaker.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

sincx posted:

I do feel bad for short guys and guys with small dicks. Sure, they can try to overcome these handicaps in various ways (i.e. get rich, get buff), but regardless they are objectively and subjectively major personal flaws that are genetic and thus unchangeable.

That's why video games > relationships. I've yet to have a video game tease me about my microdick.
oh god I'm so lonely

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

What the gently caress are you nattering on about Jesus Christ who cares shut up gently caress

Well, actually...

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

7 inches in slightly below average with most dicks measuring between 8 and 9 inches according my in depth study.

It depends on where you were born. 8-9 is about average in the US and it's on the lower end.
Now if you were born in Scandinavia then the average penis length is about 11 to 12 inches.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

5'1, 18 inch dick.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

Dating a great older man. Owns his own castle. Despite the age difference, we are very happy, except for one thing.
I recently opened a room in his house and found it full of slaughtered ex girlfriends. He made me realize I was at fault because he told me not to look in that room. He tells me I'm different and I want to believe him, but I am still concerned. Am I overreacting?

Pack it up. We've summarized everything into one post. Thread over.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I got a boner.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

/r/relationships: when in doubt, just sever

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I feel like those kind of people aren't in love with their SO, they're in love with the idea of being married.
So they try to have this retarded overly-expensive wedding with gifts and poo poo and their husband is just there to make it all possible and if they can't then gently caress 'em.

Same poo poo as with people who need to be in a relationship no matter what or with whom and then their stories end up here.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Blacktoll posted:

What a great anecdote. Tell me more about your milquetoast life

To be honest, that's how I'd want to get married cause I'm a joyless automaton of a person who's dead inside.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

"We didn't feel like making a huge event out of it and spending tens of thousands of dollars for no real good reason."

"YOU MUST BE A JOYLESS AUTOMATON!"

pff for all you know they then spent $5k on drugs and hookers on the honeymoon but keep projecting

I actually wasn't being sarcastic and your idea rules.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

vyst posted:

kids are the fuckin worst. lol if you have kids

Was a kid at some point. Can confirm.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

is this gaslighting?

No, you're just crazy, but this is though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Fake teeth? Really?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tricky D posted:

How? You're locked outside of your house.

Through the door. Duh!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

UnfurledSails posted:

Man if that kid is actually 13 I was a ridiculously cynical 13 year old. That's like something a 10 year old lying about his age would write. Still really cute though.

You're probably confusing cynicism with autism.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

You know the solution to your situation already.

EDIT: It's :sever:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

That dood has a nice bod.

Cuckoo posted:

It's kind of hard to say in that last one because the skinny roommate could be exaggerating due to her eating disorder, but the fat bitch could be doing all of that too. Sometimes obese people who are also mentally ill/insecure think that anyone under landwhale size is "dangerously skinny".

Fat girl's weird food thing kind of reminds me of a (much milder) version of Caterham. For those who haven't read it read the Caterham tales for some of the funniest mentally ill fat people stuff ever: https://m.reddit.com/r/fatpeoplestories/comments/248rr8/the_caterham_tales_part_i_the_first_shift/

Jesus christ, why did you link that?
I can't stop reading that horror story and I can't stop gagging at what I'm reading.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jul 31, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

blarzgh posted:

im not sticking around to find out what happens to the pocket-quiche

Spoilers: It makes a comeback 3-4 days later.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Centripetal Horse posted:

I don't reddit. Is /r/fatpeoplestories for fiction, or for supposedly true stories? Those stories are obviously bullshit, but many people in the comments seem to be taking them totally seriously.

They're supposed to be true but people are discouraged to try to "verify" them or anything so it's just a collection of amusing stories that you're supposed to take at face value for amusement (or sadness).

Frog Act posted:

the stories are all 1000% true b/c HAMBEASTS and LANDWHALES are human scum who would do anything as long as it was wrong and disgusting

Not all hamplanets.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hate Fibration posted:

If you do a style comparison using any number of widgets between "Ginger" and Oliver you get like >95% style matching no matter what widget you use.

I didn't get that kind of result when I just tried it.
What kind of tool are you using?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Stuntman posted:

if she was heavy enough into the roleplay scene she probably did have an addon to log chat
though thinking about it a redditor having a girlfriend is already STDH

If there is anything we're 100% certain about when it comes to internet it's that a) There are no girls on the internet and b) nobody who uses internet has a girlfriend.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm autistic too.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Snoo posted:

I don't need a test to tell me I'm a useless piece of poo poo :smug:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

My [72M] dad [45F] got my sister [7DOG] pregnant and wants to marry her. Is this weird?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Lockback posted:

Nope, this is what you do. Sever immediately, sever completely, sever friends who try to bring it up. Never stop severing.

The only way to prevent all the bad things is to live alone and, god forbid, to never interact with people.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

like my gf sells topless photos online for $ and I don't give a poo poo whatsoever

esp not when they buy her stuff off her wishlist and I have a brand new games console

Sounds like someone needs to :sever:
(Keep the console though.)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

zakharov posted:

The r/relationships material is coming from inside the thread.

It's quite glorious.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

They should also :sever:

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Who the gently caress pays actual money for photos of boobs on the Internet.

:cmon:

A bunch of people, believe it or not.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

woke twitter has decided that findom is the ultimate feminist cause and it's simultaneously bizarre and hilarious

Of course they did.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Me [19 F] with my not quite long distance boyfriend [19 M]-- ended things with him bc he didn't understand sexism, but regretting it

quote:

Hi all, for some context: my (19F) long distance (not quite) boyfriend (19M) and I had been seeing each other for around 4 months. When we finally reunite in the fall we were going to start dating. I like him a lot.

He brought up a story about his friend's hook-up, and the way he described it made me uncomfortable. We argued about the sexist language he and his friends used to describe hook-ups, like "close on" or "finish".

The argument went on and he admitted that he didn't really care about the topic. I, as a woman, was apalled-- I explained to him that his lack of caring was to me a sign of disrespect and a lack of caring for the women in his life, like his friends and family. I continued to try to explain to him why I found the language and its objectification of women uncomfortable but he responded with more questions, more disagreements.

I welcome questions and I'm all for disagreeing but I just wanted him to see why it was so important. I even said it pretty directly to him, but he didn't get it.

I confided in two friends, male and female, who were pretty disturbed by him and insisted that I end things with him for my own good-- so I did. A rash decision, but it felt like now or never to me.

Now I've known he's not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to anything that's not math, so I was hoping that all the stuff he was saying we due to the fact that all of what I was saying was completely new to him, or that he was confounded by it, but my friends insisted otherwise, and I too felt pretty awful when I read what he was saying. I wanted to respond to his questions and disagreements but stopped myself, and decided to end things with him right then and there at my friends' urging. He responded with "If that's what you want, so be it."

All I wished was that he cared, or even believed in me, but he didn't. Or was unaware. I don't know. The latter sounds much better to me than the former. This decision was rash and I really like him but I couldn't stomach being with someone who refused to understand/who was okay with subtle sexism (sexism is sexism, no matter how subtle.) I decided I had enough self-respect not to be with someone like that. But at the same time I think of how just maybe he just didn't get it.

Anyway, I guess I just need some advice, some words, someone to help me sort out these feelings and figure out if what I did was right or wrong. Thanks very much, all.

tldr; ended thing with my guy because he said he was okay with subtle sexism. but second guessing my decision on the basis he might just be a little slow and needed more help understanding...

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

BF (26 M) trying to break up with me for racist reason (black ex-FWB), I (23 F) don't think it's a legitimate reason

I knew he (let's call him Eric) has an intensely jealous personality, and I know he has a lot of incorrect political opinions (always talking about "responsibility" and handwaving away systematic injustices, and he acts like all feminists are "feminazis").

*eye twitch*

darkhand posted:

people are trash, especially women, and men especially

If you don't use this ^ as the basis to all of your opinions then you have...an incorrect opinion. Goddomitfuckme

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Aug 4, 2016

• Locked thread