Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

its also funny to search for "indian" and find lots of indian guys with terrible complexes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

quote:

Aww, congrats!!
As a poly chic who is getting married in a few months and having my boyfriend attending the ceremony and all the celebrations with us, this warms my heart!!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

imagine how it feels to be the poor loving sod whose wife's boyfriend is there hamming it up during the wedding reception. his family must be so ashamed, lmao

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

MRA fantasy posting

quote:

Dated this girl for over a year. Hindsight, I have no idea why. We had nothing in common. I dropped out of college, laid back, work full time for a construction company as a project manager, a typical mid 20's male. She was finishing like her 5th degree, getting her PHD in genetics, had OCD, clean freak. Also the biggest difference was I'm from the Midwest and she was from the east coast. Not putting down the east coast, but the demeanors, attitudes, lifestyles, and points of views are complete opposites when it comes to the MW vs. EC.

Anyways, dated her for a year. She was living with my best friend during most of it (best friend was gay and in my mind, I thought, "Hey, I can hang out with my GF and best friend at the same time!.") I broke it off with her because we were having some minor issues and she was going to be moving to California in a couple of months and I had no plans of going with her. I did it face to face, told her my reasons behind it, and even apologized and took blame for all our problems. She refused to hug me afterwards (understandable) and even though had plans of breaking up with me eventually took it the wrong way.
She wanted nothing to do with me after and even tried to hijack my friends from me. Luckily, since my core group of friends have been together since junior high, my friends had a sense of loyalty. My friend who lived with her, call him Will, still had a few months of living with her and we talked and I understood that since he lived with here our time to hang out would be slightly limited.

Fast forward about a month, and she decided to plan a party around my birthday. Im not a huge birthday person, Id prefer to go camping with a few people and get drunk rather than have a blow out party. She knew this and planned a huge going away party for herself that weekend. Will, is a little paranoid and didn't want people to mess up his room so he thought he should go to the party. We decided to celebrate my bday the weekend after.
Around this time, I started seeing another girl (who I'm actually engaged to now) and my ex found out right before the party. According to will, she was talking trash the whole party. Typically caddy girl stuff: I couldn't satisfy her in bed, wasn't a real man, small penis etc. After the party

died down, it was just Will and my Ex.
(sorry for the long back story but here's where it get interesting) After everyone left, Will and my Ex were still drinking and talking about the party when my Ex decided to tell Will that I deserve the worst punishment for being a "lovely person". So she told Will she was going to accuse me of rape. Thinking Will had her back (probably because he pretended to) was planning out details on how to do this.
She filed a report on me. She told the police we were at her house and she wasn't in the mood but I wasn't having it and had my way with her. She didn't know, but at this time Will had already informed me of her intentions and was at the exact same police station talking to a different detective about what she told him.

To wrap up this story, the police connected the dots and found some more holes in her story that didn't add up. Especially since the date she decided to give them, she had a picture on her facebook of her in vacation in another state, and the same day I had a picture of my friends (including Will) camping. Sad part is, they let her take back her complaint and didn't charge her anything. The icing was though, not only did her program supervisor find out (who is a survivor of a horrible rape and a spokeperson for a group that fights the silencing of women who are raped) and not only kicked her out but also informed my Ex's future employer who fired her on the spot. She couldn't graduate, she couldn't get her PHD, and now works at a plasma center trying to transfer to another college.
Long story short...Ex tried to accuse me of rape, told wrong person, didn't get arrested but got her schooling and future career flushed down the toilet.
Sorry for the long post and bad grammar/spelling :(

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

quote:

I'll call her Ava. I'll start by saying our relationship (only to me, as I've learned), was one of the most fulfilling, life changing and deep connections I've ever had. I have had relationships of various lengths, up to 8 years, and this was far beyond all of them. I've never used the word 'soulmate' before, but she definitely was. Normally after something like this I never speak to the person again, sometimes despise them, and it's all clean and tidy. Then I look back and find all the flaws and realize they weren't so great and that's that. That is, and (sadly) won't be the case here. I still feel connected to her in a way I haven't felt with someone else. And while she wants the things she wants, she agrees that our connection is something significant, and she doesn't it out of her life.

For me, I am I guess what you'd call a very emotional person. Not that I have crazy outbreaks or anything, I think I just feel things on a very deep and intimate level, I like to talk a lot and I like to be extremely open and honest. I have never had a casual relationship, and I've never been with someone who wasn't a friend for some time before anything more took place.

Ava's background is much more varied. She likes sex and she likes people. She's very open and very independent. She's had multiple FWB situations, and this took some adjustment for me when we started becoming serious. We talked about it all, and she was really wonderful about it, and things went on. To put it tersely, at 2 points during the relationship we had a bit of a hiccup, and both times we talked a lot and we tried to figure out the heart of the issue. At the time it seemed like a fear of commitment was the problem (which wasn't a surprise), and we approached it from that angle and each time things got better for some amount of time, then she started feeling the same.

We spent some time apart recently and she has come to the conclusion that a committed relationship with one person is just not for her. Given what I know about who she is and how she sees things, I guess I'm not surprised, but I didn't really see it coming. She said she has always preferred being alone, and she wants the freedom to see and date whoever she wants. I feel like I was her final effort to live a committed life, we were planning our future and we were growing together... but she said some of that was just her following what she knows she 'should' be doing, but it's not what she wants. When we talked about it I asked questions from every angle to try to see if there was some deeper rooted issue at play that was causing this, because while I didn't want us to end I also didn't want her to make a life changing decision that she would later regret. I have done that and the guilt that it has brought me I would not wish on anyone.

Because of this, I can't blame her or hate her. She decided what she wants, and she's doing it. I would never try to keep her (I certainly couldn't, but even if I could) at this point. I feel deeply, but I'm also very pragmatic and I can't fault any of her decisions. She said some things that were painful, but they weren't malicious it's just how she feels and has felt about us. I definitely felt things more than she did, and her love for me was always there, but that 'in love' feeling seemed to wax and wane. She's had similar issues with past relationships, but the way that we connected I think made us both feel it was worth trying to figure out.

Now

My first reaction to all of this is my usual one, say no, go no contact, sit in this immeasurable pain I've never felt before, and that's that. But despite all of this, the connection we have as people is still there. And the sexual side of our relationship was, for both of us, absolutely full of new territory and discoveries and pleasure. Even our most 'boring' sex was a 10/10. We had some things planned that I don't know if I'll get another chance to experience in my life. Sex is a very important thing to me, I'm very sexual and I like it a lot. And the things we had planned and how it was for us... it makes me want to be one of those people that can just have a casual and sexual relationship. But I have so many things in the way emotionally for me to be able to do that, and I feel pathetic for even considering it, but I'm afraid I will regret trying it even if it sounds sad and pathetic. I know from a purely objective standpoint it isn't either of those things, but it does feel that way. She's just a person who wants what she wants, and some of those things (the physical), I want too. She wants to still have a relationship with me, she wants us to be friends and share things and be connected, but she wants the freedom to do that with others too. She still loves me, and I still love her, I think we just love in different ways. It feels fine to her to love multiple people, not so much for me. I don't know if I can go hang out with her and do all that knowing she's probably had 2 other dicks in her that week. I know that sounds crass and immature, but I have a really hard time seeing past that on this issue.

I want the sex, I think it may be my only opportunity to explore some of these things with someone I feel safe enough with. But I don't know how to get there. I don't know how to view things, I don't know how to see things, I don't know how to get past everything else and just get myself to a place where I can handle this situation. I would really, really appreciate any advice or experience anyone has had in this situation. I want to be okay with this. I just don't know how to get from here to there.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

The Wizard of Poz posted:

i dont know why everyone here finds it so hard to believe that incredibly lovely people do exist and that some stories about them have made it onto the internet

tbf i found that one on /r/pussypassdenied which is a hub for misogynistic fantasies

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

quote:

let me just say everything that happened yesterday and things that lead up to this. Me and my wife have been married for 2 years now and have a 1 year old son. our marriage isn't perfect and we fight over really stupid stuff all the time. I'm 22 and I'm legally disabled. I have a condition that puts me in the hospital up to 2 weeks at a time and it hits random. I never know when it's going to happen but I've been this way since I was 15. which was after I met my wife and she accepted I was sick before we got married.

now for yesterday. In the morning my wife asked me to hang some close up for her before she left for work. I told her I would when I got back from class. (I'm a college student and get all my classes paid for by disability services so I can hopefully work someday if my condition gets better). well I went to class as usual, and was planning to hang up the clothes when I got home that night. well after all my classes had ended I headed home. my wife got there before me, and called me cussing me out because the clothes weren't hung up. I told her I was down the road and I was gonna do it when I got there. She said it should have been done before she got home. even though I wasn't home all day, and she knows my schedule. she said I should have skipped class so I could do what she told me to. because "when [she] tells me to do something I better do it right then". (she says this A LOT). well I hung up and she texted me that she was gonna destroy (she literally used this word) all my stuff. well I get home about 5 minutes later and all my stuff is thrown everywhere! my clothes are all over the apartment, some of my school papers thrown about. She did the same thing last week because I forgot to take some chicken out to thaw. that time she poured water in all my drawers and on my side of the bed. then when I walk up to her she starts cussing at me again and saying how I'm worthless and this and that. then I snapped, I walked up to her and told her to pick it up. she said no and I grabbed her. I kind of got her in a bear hug from behind and held her tight. I ended up leaving 2 bruises on her arm. I didn't know I held her that hard. I don't even remember having thoughts at that moment, it all happened so fast.

Now I feel horrible I don't know what to do. I know I should never touch my wife and that there is no excuse for it. But I feel like it's just been building up inside and I just exploded. besides the times when she messed with all of my stuff, when we argue she always gets in my face says "what are you gonna do hit me? do it!" all the time and I always just say "no". she's always putting me down saying I'm worthless and I'm not a good husband because she provides for the family and I don't. like I said before I'm legally disabled, but I finally found a job that would hire me and I work the weekends. Plus I go to school full time during the week to get my bachelor's in Computer Science because I hope I won't always be sick and maybe I can find a better job if that happens. Anyways I'm just looking for some advice on what to do? I feel like the most disgusting human on the planet!
tl;dr wife does some crazy stuff and I snapped and hurt her. Feel like I should die. Help!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

quote:

I’ve been seeing Thad for a little over a year. Things seemed to be going very well. A little background: Thad and I are both “professionals”. We make very good money for our age. We both have “lives” outside of our relationships, meaning that we have hobbies we’re very passionate about and friend circles that don’t really intersect. Thad's somewhat estranged from his family but my family, who lives in the same city, have embraced him lovingly. We’ve talked about the future and seriously discussed an engagement if we hit the 2 year mark.

Yesterday, I went to Thad’s house because he asked to talk. I was, naturally, pretty thrown off because typically a “talk” tends to mean one thing. So I go to his home, fearing the worst. Fearing that maybe Thad fell out of love, or even worse, cheated. My last boyfriend cheated on me and the way he broke the news to me was eerily similar.

When I went to Thad’s house, I couldn’t help but to tear up a bit. He sat next to me and stroked my hair and said “it’s ok.” And I asked, “what went wrong?” And then he let go of me, got really silent, and told me that he finds life to currently be unsatisfying. That he hates his job. He hates that he’s really good at it. He doesn’t care for the money. He doesn’t care for the prestige. He can’t envision a healthy life for himself here. That he still loves me but doesn’t love this life he’s currently living.

I was a little shocked and asked him what this meant and he said he plans to leave the country and to join a monastery for a bit. He said he needs to clear things up in his mind first. I asked what this meant for us, since he said he still loves me and he basically said “you’re currently on a good path. You’ve lived in the city all your life. You have a network of friends you love and who love you. Your family is here. I absolutely cannot ask you to uproot or pause your life because of me.” He ended it. He said he’s leaving in a month and that we should probably begin to limit contact.

I don't what to do or how to react. I'm devastated but I don't know how to cope. I'm worried about him more than anything. Should I try to break the NC rule and reach out?

tl;dr: bf and i ended things because he wants to join a monastery. feel like my world has collapsed.

lmao

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Girlfriend is finally seeing a new guy after 3 years. [M]y umm... balls are going crazy?

quote:

Backstory: 40 yo cis male, married to a woman for 13 years, dating my gf for about 3. My gf was married when we met, but they split soon after. I've always been positive about poly, and encouraged her to date if she wanted too but she hadn't until now. My wife has never dated.

So my gf and this new boy have seen each other a bunch while feelings got sorted, and they are now dating. They finally had sex for the first time, and my reaction was pretty much, "Did you use a condom? Cool." I had no strong feelings about it at all and I was glad she was getting extra attention since I don't get to see her as much as we'd like.

But this last weekend the two of them went away together, and I could not stop thinking about her, the two of them, dirty thoughts, did they have sex again, are they doing it now, etc. Waiting to hear from her was really hard, and I was constantly checking my phone.

My hormones were going crazy, it felt like testosterone or adrenaline or I don't know what was coursing through me. I wasn't just horny, there was some kind of weird lizard brain physiological response going on or something.
The other bit is: I have never been so acutely aware of my testes short of having them kicked. It felt like there was a direct line of blood pumping from my heart to my balls. I got a strange feeling inside them I don't have a word for.

I finally saw her again and, after a couple rounds of sex, I started to feel normal again. We went at it a 3rd time after dinner. This morning we were talking about it some more and suddenly I felt that weird feeling again except she was there touching and stimulating me and making it so much more intense.

Do any poly folks out there know what's going on here? I'm not jealous, angry, hurt, upset or lonely. There were only good feelings and, well, crazyballs. I just needed to have her, and my body was going wild with hormones.

The two of them are leaving town again this weekend and I'm a little apprehensive about it happening again. It was quite exhilarating, but it was also extremely distracting! Am I going to get used to these new things? Will this reaction fade over time?

My wife and girlfriend don't really get it, though I think my girlfriend is a little amused about the effect she's having. Is this in the realm of normal?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

quote:

or the last two months, I have been in a FWB relationship with a girl I knew back in gradeschool and high school, who now seems to have moved into my home, and is taking advantage of my poor mental state and substance abuse problems.
A bit of backstory: I knew this girl for a large part of my life, and she always had been interested in me in some strange way. She was jokingly called my stalker through the years, and knew many strange details about me (address, birthday, parents name, sometimes what I did on weekends, etc. etc.,) which she used to randomly disclose to me in school. We never hung out outside. She came to my house a few times without my permission, which was disturbing but I tolerated it, not wanting to hurt her feelings. She got my attention once by tekkubg ne she planned on self harming, and I was the only one she wanted to talk about it with. Looking back, I see this was more or less a sympathy trap, but this got frequent, albeit onesided, conversations between us online. This more or less ended when I moved to London for University, though I still recieved some messages about how she was going to visit, etc. At Uni I got a girlfriend, and the messages stopped entirely.

This leads us to more recently. After the breakup with my last girlfriend, I had a hard time recovering, largely in part of a lot of different things going bad at the same time. A book I spent years on got ruthlessly rejected by everyone I sent it to, I started failing some Uni courses, I lost a parent, and a large deal of friends I have refuse to talk to me after some stupid poo poo I did during binges. I have always had a weakness for alcohol, but I realized it was a true problem after the months following the breakup, where I realized I hadn't had a sober day since. This was coupled with harder subtances, some pills, etc.

I returned home to an empty house, which I was tasked by my parent to look after for a couple months. I was going to work at the time as well. Being alone really took a toll on me, and I became immensely depressed. This changed when the aforementioned girl visited unnanounced again. When she did, however, I was completely wasted, and ended up accepting her advances. We slept together, and she stayed over for a few days where we just kept hooking up.

This was great in the begining, as I started to feel less depressed, and even started drinking less. I picked up exercise, and we hooked up after that about twice a week, however nowhere near as frequently. This is where the problems started to begin for me. She started buying a lot of alcohol, seemingly only for me, which at the time I didn't want to reject. She spent a lot of time telling me how much more charming I was drunk, real creepy poo poo like that, which the Bukowski in me didn't recognize as toxic or abusive behaviour. This marked the tiem when she practically stopped returning home, moving a lot of her things into my room, and spending all of her time there.

My house is a disaster area now, a complete wreck, and I lost my job after not turning up for a week, which didn't bother me at the time. With my parent returning in a few weeks, reality hit me, and now I'm scared about what I should do. Any time I've taken it up with her, and told me I think she's taking advantage of me, it just ends in sex or is completely ignored. She has even gone so far as to drug normal drinks she gave me, like orange juice and poo poo, acting like it was all cute or whimsical.
I feel trapped, but completely and utterly afraid to break out of this lifestyle. I have a deep feeling that if I told her to gently caress off, I would go back to being worse than ever before, in addition to having a new mess of things to deal with, such as the house or work. I'm eating through student loans, and I'm getting so nervous I can hardly sleep anymore.

tl:dr girl who stalked me in high school caught me in an emotionally vulnerable state, and has been getting me drunk or high daily, has practically moved in, has been one of the only people I've talked to in a while
Throwaway because I know she uses reddit

quote:

well she told me right after I drank it that she put LSD in it, and I wasn't mad at the time since I would do that voluntarily at the time, just looking back it was a crazy thing to do

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i've wondered sometimes, is it "chode" or "choad" or are both valid regional spellings?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

https://np.reddit.com/r/FunAskReddit/comments/4up8at/i_just_had_a_hilarious_idea_comments_anyone/d5s622h?context=3&st=ir59f5vk&sh=aa40c723

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

loquacius posted:

Can someone summarize for a humble workposter TIA

quote:

If you can find someone like that then let me know, I'd be interested. Many others would also be interested. It's not easy to find an adult that could pass as a child.
Disclaimer: I'm a paedophile.

if you look through a few pages on the profile of the linked poster you'll find hundreds of posts in Tumblrinaction and several posts admitting to being a pedophile, along with this terrifying one

quote:

Idk, a small amount of money can go a long way in making a young girl trust you. :3

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

ranbo das posted:

I made the mistake of clicking on his profile.

Jesus christ this guy probably needs to be locked up.

quote:

I don't get to play with little girls too often but every time I do it's a great fun. I let the girls decide what they want to do. For me it enough that they are smiling and laughing.

i think i might paste this guy's profile link into the fbi tipline

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

MF_James posted:

Please loving do, I should have known better than to click on a blind link, but holy poo poo, I closed that so fast my computer might overheat, and I'm not loving clicking it again.

https://np.reddit.com/r/TumblrInAction/comments/4skucd/were_taking_our_toys_leaving_and_youll_be/d5ahwp6?context=3&st=ir5aikqi&sh=a66e6237

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Centripetal Horse posted:

I don't reddit. Is /r/fatpeoplestories for fiction, or for supposedly true stories? Those stories are obviously bullshit, but many people in the comments seem to be taking them totally seriously.

the stories are all 1000% true b/c HAMBEASTS and LANDWHALES are human scum who would do anything as long as it was wrong and disgusting

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

thread in which a redditor outs himself as an antisemitic white supremacist on the /r/rickandmorty subreddit. it's a beautiful slow motion meltdown where he tries to explain how Zionists controlling the media is a bad thing but he's totally not an antisemite

https://np.reddit.com/r/rickandmorty/comments/4vcwva/had_to_pause_while_watching_a_video_wait_a_minute/?st=irbegff1&sh=4810cac9

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

quote:

I'm sorry, they let redsolocup be their community manager? No wonder things are going to poo poo, Krug has always been an rear end hole.

When the frogs by me told me they were driving around high and decided to chase me down windy streets in the middle of no where, he was one of the loudest to say I was being a cry baby essentially. No rear end hole, being concerned one of them told me they smoke up while driving, then
having them follow me around side roads aggressively is a valid concern. You failed then and it looks like you're failing now.

A simple hey we hear you, we're trying is all it takes. You didn't do that 2-3 years ago and you're not doing it now.
Edit: minor text fixes.

check out this schizophrenic man being upset about something pokemon go related

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

lmao i found a hella funnny subreddit

quote:

Do any of my fellow INTJs copy the seemingly pointless social norms around them to get by at work? I do and I'm wondering if it's a common tactic among us.

After leaving my bubble of introverted intellectualism at university 7 years ago and joining the world of work, I found myself encountering social norms I had never previously come into contact with and therefore had no prior experience dealing with. For example, small talk in the kitchen, small talk before getting down to business in a meeting (so much small talk!) and schmoozing with the boss. For the first year or so I ignored this behaviour, but soon realised that in order to "get on" I had to partake too. So I watched everyone and copied. I faked it. And I still do. The only thing I have trouble with is sucking up to authority - I have no idea how to do this (any tips?!)

I took the MBPT on Friday and after finding out I was INTJ I read about it extensively. Finding out that not having an instictive understanding of these social niceties is normal for us was a real moment of realisation. Especially because I'm female so people expect me to be chatty and outwardly empathetic. I also often get told to not look so worried when going into meetings with superiors. I'm not worried. This is my face.

So as I've already said, I was wondering if anyone else had any examples of faking it until they made it? I also remember at university one of my friends always berating me for answering the phone with "hi...what do you want?" instead of exchanging social pleasantries first. I just wanted to get to the point! But now I realise that was seen as rude so I now always ask how people are when they call. Not that I really want to though.

Maybe there's a wider issue here about social norms benefitting certain personality types (the most common?) and why (because they're the most common?). But that's a question for another day.

https://www.reddit.com/r/intj

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

quote:

INTJ's, what are your politics and how did you reason your way to your positions?Question (self.intj)
submitted 2 days ago by Ithriveonpain

Curious what politics you guys have? Conservative, liberal, libertarian, socialist, etc If you don't mind sharing, say if you're in the US or Europe so it helps with the distinction.
How did you reason your way to some of your positions or political stance?

What do you think of other people who have different positions? General opinions of conservatives, libertarians, liberals, etc? Do they annoy you? Do you get a long with them ok?
Who do you find to be worse if any - Trump supporters or Hillary supporters?

quote:

I'm in the U.S. I identify as an anarcho-capitalist or voluntaryist to other libertarians, and around most people I just say "libertarian", because it's more easily recognizable and sounds less radical.

There were a few lines of thought that eventually brought me to this position. In no particular order, the first one is the NAP (edit: for clarity, this is the non-aggression principle), or the idea of natural rights. The second is that I think there are strong utilitarian economic arguments for the free market. The third is that I see the government as a corrupt, malevolent entity (and I admit I buy into a few conspiracy theories).

What do I think of people who have other positions? I think they're people who probably have as genuine, sincere reasons for their beliefs as I do. In general, I try not to talk about politics and we get along fine. I have friends who support Trump, Clinton, Stein, Johnson (obviously), friends who identify as socialists, it doesn't matter to me. I really don't care. If you respect my beliefs I'll respect yours.
[+8]

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

My [26m] girlfriend [23f] of 6 months cheated on me and is going on a date with the guy.Relationships

quote:

A month or so ago the girl I've been dating, Emma, got invited to a wedding. I didn't want to attend because we have a rocky enough relationship there's no telling how we'd be months later, also I didn't want to be a random Black dude at this wedding. Obviously this was a problem, and she invited somebody else, Danny. (edit, forgot in the title, I don't really know, but I'd guess he's 23 or 24)

This weekend the topic Danny came up. I asked how they knew each other.

They went to college together, didn't really hang out, but ended up at the same parties. Two months ago, she went back home for her college's graduation and bumped into him. Her words: "He was like "Emma! How've you been?" And I'm thinking, 'how have I been? you've never talked to me before.' and we chatted." That was the end of the story, which didn't exactly explain to me why she'd invite a college acquaintance to a wedding. So I asked, "Then what?"
"I spent the night with him." And said the rest with her face. We were having a rough week at the time, she wasn't sure if we were still going to be together, we fixed things when she got back, and it'd be too much to tell me about it then. So she never told me until now. She said she wasn't planning on telling me.

I'm furious. I have to admit I am not faultless. I have been distant and depressed and emotionally neglectful. I want to be clear that I've been unhelpful in keeping this relationship in the best spirits. I set the stage for this poo poo to occur. I know it's gross to blame myself, but she wouldn't've slept with him if I was better months ago, and she wouldn't go to this wedding with him if I was more sociable and interested in going to the wedding.
It went from "Holy poo poo, you cheated on me?" to "What the poo poo? You're going to this wedding with the guy you cheated on me with?!"
Yes. Yes, she is. She's not romantically interested in him. "He's fun." She just wants to have a good night, and doesn't want to invite women to events like this anymore. (these are both reasonable points.) She doesn't plan to sleep with him at/after the wedding, and if we're still together by the week of, she'd tell Danny. So he's out there and thinking he has a hot date planned which may or may not turn platonic a week beforehand, weirdly this bothers me too. She says it's too late to change any of these wedding plans now.
We have an up-and-down time, and I like her a lot and this is all a wakeup call to my shortcomings in this relationship. I need to be more attentive and open with her and (I think) I want to fix this (right?), but she is 100% okay with going on a date with the dude she cheated on me with. We've talked about it all, and we've figured some things out (weirdly, we had a nice weekend together), but she has no qualms about this.

Can you get past somebody cheating in a relationship? How?
Can you go on a hot, yet platonic date with somebody you cheated with? Should this not bother me?
Can I/should I work towards fixing this relationship?
Am I fool for needing to ask these questions?

tl;dr: Didn't want to go to a wedding, girlfriend invited somebody else. She secretly cheated on me with him months ago. She has no problem going on a platonic date with him, and that bothers me.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

quote:

Reddit help! I just started seeing this guy about two months ago. We have everything in common he is very sweet and funny and we have a lot of fun together. At first it was a lot of texting and phone sex because he was in the process of moving to my town (we met through mutual friends), and our connection was very strong and very very hot. Then once we met...it fizzled. Almost to a dead stop. And only on his end. He doesn't flirt anymore. He always shuts me down when I try to flirt with him. He only wants to have sex right before he goes to sleep, which lasts about 5 minutes, and he's always on the bottom.

Even though our phone sex and sexting included details about kissing/caressing etc, he says he doesn't like to do these things IRL. A list of things he doesn't like doing:
Hugging ("I'm just not a hugger").
Holding hands ("Why do I have to advertise that I'm with someone?")
Kissing ("It's just never been my thing" like WHAT?!)
Sex where he's doing anything but on bottom ("That stuff is fine in your early twenties but I'm too old to be rolling around the bed".)
Giving oral sex ("Most women are just so self conscious about it so we feel weird doing it")

I've sat him down and tried to get any info I could; is this because of a trauma, did someone cheat on him, was he abused, etc etc. He said nope, it's just how he is. So I told him directly that I need my partner to be physically affectionate with me, otherwise what's the point of dating, and he has flatly refused to change. What do I do Reddit? Is this something I can ware down over time or do I just need to bail?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/user/hazeringx

read through a few pages of this person's post history

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i hope that kid's parents find his reddit history and send him to a really high quality therapist

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

quote:

[S1E1- The Seinfeld Chronicles
The season starts with George and Jerry discussing _______.
The waitress doesn't have an orange indicator for the decaf. What hand is the decaf in?
What is Jerry's first girlfriend's name and what does she teach?
Jerry has to leave the restaurant and asks george to be his "come-with" guy. Where is he going?
According to Jerry, you can't overdry, over_, and over__.
Back at Jerry's apartment, what did he record on TV and request no one spoil him over the phone?
what is Kramer's original name?
What does he request from Jerry?
What is Jerry eating?
How many "decent hotel rooms" are there in NYC, according to George?
Wtf… "Kramer" has a pet… what kind?
What kind of greeting does laura do when meeting Jerry at JFK (it's not the hand sandwich)?
What touristy thing does Laura want to do after her seminar?
Why doesn't Jerry sleep with Laura?
Tough one: In Jerry's original apartment what is handing on the wall between the front door and the door leading to the bathroom and bedroom?

s1ep2- male unbonding
What flew out of George's pocket during intermission of a play on his date?
What article of clothing does jerry think the real reason George's date didn't sleep with him?
What's Kramer's number?
Who was on the phone? He lived, like, three houses down from Jerry?
What dictator would Jerry be friends with if he had a ping-pong table?
Where does Jerry say he's going to visit this summer to see if his friend is listening?
Jerry orders an egg salad on wheat at the restaurant. What does his "friend" order and demand the waitress do?
jerry can't break up with him so he invites him to the ______ next wednesday.
What are the four worst words in the English language according to Jerry?
and according to George?
What is Kramerica Industries first big idea?
Jerry blows off his friend. What is his fake excuse.
Elaine makes her first appearance talking with Jerry regarding where to eat even though she's not hungry. What is she currently eating?
Elaine makes a suggestion for Jerry's list of excuses that he has been diagnosed with multiple personality disorder. "You're not even you. you're _____."
What are Elaine's excuses for not going out with Jerry's friend?

s1ep3- the stake out
What's Jerry's euphemism for a porn star?
What's Elaine's friend's name that jerry met when he was dating Elaine?
In elaine's dream, what did jerry have after he turned around?
What firm does the girl Jerry flirts with at the dinner party work for? Good luck remembering this one, Jerry tries immediately to try to memorize it.
In the past, what edible gift did Elaine give to Jerry's father that he didn't like?
Who pitches the idea for Jerry to stake out her building?
What actress does jerry tell George she looks like?
Jerry meets her in the lobby and finds out her name is _______.
What board game does Helen and Jerry play in his apartment?
Kramer tries to help her. What move does he make that Jerry challenges?

s1ep4- the robbery
What are the final three things Jerry packs into his suitcase before his trip? He is the master packer.
What does Jerry tell Elaine is the most important rule about his fridge?
What job did Elaine's waitress/actress get that makes her now an actress/waitress?
What street is the 2 bedroom apartment George wants to show Jerry?
Where is the "master packer" going for four shows this weekend?
Kramer left the door open to come to Jerry's apartment to get his ______.
What soap opera distracted Kramer from bringing the item back?
What's the name of the lock Jerry has?
What are all the things that were stolen?
What are the three features of the new apartment that Elaine loves?
How long is the lease for?
After the coin flip who gets odds and who gets evens?
who does Kramer suspect stole the stuff?
What's Elaine's roommate's next show after the answer to #3?
What is the job of the next door neighbor of the new apartment?

s1ep5- the stock tip
what did elaine drop in the kitchen that disappeared?
why can't elaine go to her boyfriends apartment?
what's the name of the company George is buying stock in?
How much is he going to invest?
Why is elaine upset at Jerry ordering tuna?
what state does Jerry want to take his girlfriend, Vanessa, to speed up the intimacy into phase 2?
What did Kramer say jerry should've invested his money in?
Who is supposed to tell George and Jerry when to sell the stock?
What does jerry want from the Dry Cleaners regarding his shrunken shirt?
It's raining on their vacation. What board game does Jerry suggest they play?
what was the reason #3 was in the hospital?

lmao imagine if your friend gave you this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

quote:

s2ep1- the ex-gf
Why doesn't Elaine not want to sit in the back seat?
Why doesn't Jerry want some of Kramer's cantaloupe?
where did Kramer get his cantaloupe and for how much?
what room does george break up with his GF?
What did George leave at her apartment?
once Jerry starts dating Marlene, what's his biggest complaint about her?
How much did george's 2 minute chiropractor session cost?
What airplane devise does elaine return to Jerry after complaing about his slow elevator
Why is elaine the "queen of confrontation"?
What does george suddenly think he swallowed in the cafe while talking about his ex, jerry's new gf?
why does she break it off Jerry and what day of the week did it happen.
What is her job?

s2ep2- the pony remark
When watching TV in Jerry's apartment where does Morty place the remote?
Jerry made an incredible play in his softball game on a tag play in field. What position was he playing?
Jerry's greatest moment was Sharon Bester. What was morty's greatest moment?
What does uncle Leo always do when he talks to Jerry?
What is the reward for Kramer's bet with Jerry that he can build his levels within the month?
Who does Jerry facetiously guess Jeffrey calls when Jeffrey has a problem with the big shots at the park department.
Why can't jerry eat dessert at the Dinner party?
Where is Manya from, where they ALL HAD A PONY?
Who called Jerry to inform him that Manya died?
Why can't Jerry go to the funeral?
What prominent brookyln street is the funeral going to be held?
Where is Manya's widower moving to?
Which park is Jeffrey transferring to from Central Park?
Who ends up getting the apartment on west end that Elaine wants?
What blunders did he make in the postponed softball championship?

s2ep3- the busboy
What does Jerry tell Elaine she needs to do with his car when she borrows it?
What's the pesto of cities?
What mistake did the bus boy make while the group eat out?
What kind of camp was George a camp waiter?
What street does the bus boy live on?
What's the name of the guy Elaine is picking up from the airport?
What does kramer ask the busboy in spanish?
what's the name of the bus boy's cat?
what's the busboy's name?
What does Kramer break in his apartment?
What does Elaine say to avoid having sex with the guy from seattle
What time did Elaine wake up?
where's the best bathroom near 54th and sixth (according to george)?
and 64th and 10th?
How many people died in the tragedy in the restaurant?

season 2 episode 4- the baby shower
What kind of artist is Leslie who is pregnant.
What's the husband's name? Chip? Kip? Skip?
When she was dating George, what did she get all over George's red shirt?
What famous cinematic baby does George think Leslie deserves?
Why can't elaine host the baby shower?
What is Jerry trying to watch when Kramer tries to persuade him to get illegal cable?
What nationality is Kramer's cable guy?
What does the cable guy sell on the subway?
What convinces Jerry to get the cable?
Why does jerry's plane need to make an emergency landing before it reaches buffalo?
Who is Leslie famously related to?
What is the name of the girl at the shower who went to one of Jerry's show three years ago?
How much do the cable guys charge Jerry?

Season 2 episode 5- The jacket
In the men's department store what does Jerry do with the tie rack to get a laugh outta Elaine?
What hotel are they meeting Alton at?
What is the perfect jacket made out of?
What song from Les Miserables does George get stuck in his head?
According to Jerry, what note could Shumann not get out of his head?
What does Kramer have to pick up for his magician friend?
In the hotel what does George order to drink?
Jerry?
alton?
what's the name of the weather guy who informed George it was gonna rain?
what happened to the tailgunner funny guy?
what kind of operation was george's uncle having in his excuse of a phone call?
Why is Elaine late?
What kind of restaurant are they going to on 46th street
What kind of cracker does Kramer ask Jerry to borrow?

Season 2 episode 6 chinese restaurant
Why wasn't Kramer in the episode?
What public service jobs does jerry want to combine into one?
What's george's GF's name that he has to call on the phone?
What movie are they planning on seeing after diner?
What kind of shirt is the woman wearing that Jerry recognizes?
What would George do in the restaurant for $50?
when elaine goes up to the table on the bet, you can hear a larry david voice over of the group asking her what she said… Might be the first one in the series….
What happened with George and #3's first sexual experience?
What s the name of the joke making guy who gets a seat immediately?
Who is #5?
According to Jerry, what is the Bermuda triangle of Jewish Family Gossiping?
How does george wanna divide the $20?
Where did George previously try to bribe someone?
Where does Elaine suggest they eat instead of the chinese restaurant?
What does he cry out instead of Costanza? 15.

season 2 episode 7 the phones message
What does George have to "get into" before he calls a woman?
What is George eating on the other side of phone when calling his girl?
After dinner, George's date asks him to have some ____ in her apartment.
what commercial does jerry loathe that his gf likes?
What boardgame are Jerry and Elaine playing when she talks about her breaking up with the bf that wouldn't clean his bathroom
What is the topic of Kramer's stand-up bit that he offers up to Jerry?
Where does George get the inspiration to switch the tape?
What famous TV show has Jerry never seen one episode of?
What dietary condition does Jerry facetiously say that he has?
Where was George's date when he left all of his angry voice messages?
What are all of the ideas for a warning to Jerry in the scheme to switch the messages?
What version of the song?
What did George tell his gf that his father does to distract her?

s2ep8 the apartment
this one is a kinda so-so episode. only 9 q's
what does kramer put in his hair to keep it from standing up straight?
how old was ms. hudwalker when she died?
who found her?
How much is he offering the apartment for per month?
Where is the apartment in the building?
What is the term george and jerry use for taking a girl home to their apartment rather than the girls?
what is the shape of george's friend adam's head, from detroit?
how much does manny make elaine pay for the apartment?
what does george's fake wife do for a living?
i dunno what happened to s2ep9- the stranded

s2ep10- the statue
Where is Elaine's friend Rava from?
what fancy word did george squeeze in conversation about cleaning and college students
What was George singing when he broke the statue?
What does Kramer and George play for the statue?
What's Rava's bf's name?
What does he offer to put in Elaine and Jerry's tea?
When Rava walks in and Jerry is on the phone with Kramer, Jerry pretends that he is talking to his mother. he claims she forgot how to make ________.
How many siblings does Rava have?
What dish is George's mom cooking for George's surprise of a lifetime?
Where did rava's boyfriend claim he got the statue?
where does #5 go to school?
what does Elaine do instead of editing Rava's book?
who gets the statue back?

S2ep11- the heart attack
Larry David makes his first on-screen cameo as a spaceman on TV screaming about "like flaming _______"
What kind of vegetable does george sneak into Monk's in a brown bag?
What did george do after watching a show about anorexia?
What article of clothing does Jerry want from George if he were to kick the bucket?
Who does he ask George if he can call?
What does the Doctor say grew back on George?
According to Kramer, the excellent cafeteria "is like _____ opened up a Hospital."
What routine surgery did Bob Sacamento have that caused him to stare out of window screaming "MY NAME IS BOB!"?
Who does Kramer suggest George go see instead?
how much does the first visits cost? 11.What month was George born in?
what month should he have been born in according to the healer?
what does he claim jerry is eating too much of?
okay this is hard. what is in the special tea that he makes george?
I've asked this one… What does george scream he is when he's rushed to the hospital?
What are the paramedics/EMTs arguing about in the ambulance?
what are jerry's noticeable injuries in the ambulance crash?

s2ep12- the revenge
What lake does George's boss video tape his sexual escapades on?
This episode is the first that Newman's name shows up. Although he doesn't appear on camera, what is he threatening to do?
why doesn't jerry use the buildings washing machine?
What kind of hat is the laudrymat cigar-smoking guy wearing?
What sports jobs does George want to be while brainstorming with Jerry?
When george goes back to work after quitting his colleages are discussing their weekend. Where did one take his kids sailing?
where is the 10th anniversary party going to be?
what is george gonna slip in his boss' drink?
how much did jerry leave in his laundry bag?
what kind of aquatic animal does george say his boss looks like to elaine?
where does elaine say she goes to george's boss in order to unwind?
what really irked George about his boss?

s2ep13- the deal
What unfortunate scheduled event does Jerry have the same week as his birthday?
How many times does Jerry think that he and elaine hosed?
How many does she know that they did?
what's the first rule of their deal (to be friends with benefits)
what's the second rule?
after elaine sleeps with jerry, which shirt of jerry's does she walk out in?
what does jerry eat from the fridge in elaine's apartment
What did the roommate pretend to be in her improv class
which of george's recommendations for a bday gift did jerry think was too "gubernatorial"?
what does he end up getting her?
what does Kramer get her?
What poet does Kramer quote on his card to her?
what did George get her for her birthday?

FWD: IF YOU DON'T ANSWER THESE TONIGHT I'LL KILL UR CAT

• Locked thread