Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

Spanking kids is for poor folk.

I punish my kids by infecting them with affluenza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

FrankieGoes posted:

Lol that you think I'm also going to punish myself by having to talk to the little poo poo when I can just hit him a couple times with a belt and get better results.

I have an even better idea for you! Why not just beat your child really bad - like "needs to go to the hospital" bad - for no reason at all! Then Social Services will take him away and you'll never have to see or talk to him again.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

this spanking thread is v good

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

wait, no, it's the other thing

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

Poor folks are cool, bourgeois folks pay money to go to Oberlin.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Pththya-lyi posted:

I have an even better idea for you! Why not just beat your child really bad - like "needs to go to the hospital" bad - for no reason at all! Then Social Services will take him away and you'll never have to see or talk to him again.

That's tempting but social services probably won't hit him with a belt and the kid really needs hit with a belt on the reg.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Anthrovore posted:

this spanking thread is v good

Anthrovore posted:

wait, no, it's the other thing

Better or worse than the act of spanking itself?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

FrankieGoes posted:

That's tempting but social services probably won't hit him with a belt and the kid really needs hit with a belt on the reg.

It depends on what kind of foster home they put him in

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Interestingly, my gf was never spanked as a child but totally gets off on it now.

Dads Dip Cup
Aug 13, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

well yeah I mean a rich person could afford to just hire someone else to spank their kids for them

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Maoist Pussy posted:

Interestingly, my gf was never spanked as a child but totally gets off on it now.

Same

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if you have to hit your kid bc you're too dumb to manipulate them into doing what you want then you're a pissman

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Moridin920 posted:

if you have to hit your kid bc you're too dumb to manipulate them into doing what you want then you're a pissman

You can just distract the kid from whatever they're doing/whatever's making them upset enough to act out like, half the time

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Who gives a poo poo.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Pththya-lyi posted:

You can just distract the kid from whatever they're doing/whatever's making them upset enough to act out like, half the time

Doesn't seem like good discipline.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
"I'm all for bringing back the birch, but only for consenting adults." - Gore Vidal

opie
Nov 28, 2000
Check out my TFLC Excuse Log!
I only spank my kids when they won't shut up about minecraft and yo kai watch

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
When my daughter acts up, I lock the dog in my bedroom and pretend like he's missing and after we look around for a little while I'm like, "Oh, Molly, I found him!" (and then I show her a photoshop of the dog w/ flames all around it) "He's in hell now because you wouldn't eat your broccoli!!!"

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Maoist Pussy posted:

Who gives a poo poo.
Probably the people seriously discussing the topic, I would imagine.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
whatever happened to the good old days of locking your kid in the dungeon for a few hours/days/weeks to think about what they've done? there's plenty of worms in the dirt floor they can live off of while they're down there.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

my mom used to whip me and it made me rebel and challenge her authority until she felt helpless and gave up

my dad never hit me but shamed and mentally manipulated me for years and in retrospect it was incredibly effective and now we're best buds

spanking is lazy

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I wanna spank every poster ITT

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I have very conservative family who insist that spanking is awesome.

"I acted up all the time and my mom beat the poo poo out of me for it".

Sounds like it was working pretty well, then. And now they live in trailers with kids from unknown fathers.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

whatever happened to the good old days of locking your kid in the dungeon for a few hours/days/weeks to think about what they've done? there's plenty of worms in the dirt floor they can live off of while they're down there.

One time my older brothers were playing Dragon Quest and I ran through the room and my foot snagged a controller cord and the Nintendo got yanked off the table and they were super pissed off and sent me to my room. I'm the youngest of 6 so they were in highschool and I was like 7 so I got really upset and tried to commit suicide by wrapping myself up in the blankets and twisting around like that would somehow kill me.

I don't know. In hindsight I probably would have kicked my rear end for sucking at running through rooms without loving up and also for being so garbage at suicide.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

serious norman posted:

We're adults so it's kosher or more than kosher really, good. Just as long as everyone is consenting. Oh and to make it clear I consent. You can do me first.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Spank your kids, but only as negative reinforcement when you suspect they're beginning to accept the idea that physical punishment is a valid solution to someone's behavioral problems.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*walks into 7 page thread* nobody cares about the topic being discussed, evidently

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Lowtax can we change the forums software so that "Banned" becomes "Spanked" and "Probation" becomes "Put in timeout" or something?

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

Lowtax can we change the forums software so that "Banned" becomes "Spanked" and "Probation" becomes "Put in timeout" or something?

Rebrand Helldump as "Training up are posts"

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Fiend posted:

Rebrand Helldump as "Training up are posts"

Spare the ban, spoil the goon.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
When I was three and my brother four, my mother hurt us so bad we had a evening trip to the ER.

e: tmi

Apart from self defense, what compelling reasons are there to put a small child in the hospital?

Fiend fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jul 8, 2016

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

that sucks but not sure what it has to do with spanking

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Fiend posted:

Apart from self defense, what compelling reasons are there to put a small child in the hospital?

If the child is inconveniencing you

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
put em in the chokey

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I set up a vr environment of a bottomless pit that I make my kid interact with when they're bad

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fiend posted:

When I was three and my brother four, my mother hurt us so bad we had a evening trip to the ER.

Snitches get stitches.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

serious norman posted:

im down

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Blue Train posted:

I set up a vr environment of a bottomless pit that I make my kid interact with when they're bad

is it your post history

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnnnnnn

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

if you ahd children you hosed up anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fiend posted:

I can't think of any but are you saying she beat you that badly and you call that spanking?

• Locked thread