Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
My officemate hums or whistles the game of thrones or harry potter intro songs every day for a good part of the work day. You can ask him to stop and he will for about an hour then start up again. He claims he doesn't realise he is doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

To be fair there are a lot of people who are really bad/awkward about leaving your office. Like they'll get up and say "bye", and will linger slowly edging their way to the door after you say "bye" back to them as if they're expecting you to say something else. If I've stopped talking to you and am looking back at my computer screen after saying "ok, see you next week", just leave.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

unpacked robinhood posted:

This little weasely fucker has been harassing my coworker for months, following her in the streets and being a textbook creep.

I kinda want to gently caress with him for a bit before I leave.
I could just corner him in the kitchen and whisper "I'll spank you" like he did to her.

what if he ends up being into it

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

There's a guy I work with that practically lives at the office - I can count on one hand the times I've come in or left and he hadn't been at his desk. A couple weeks ago I got called into my boss's office and found out he had been meticulously logging when I came in, when I left and how long my lunch breaks were for over a month. He brought this to my boss (over the head of his own boss) complaining that I was only putting in roughly 8 hour days. I got a half-hearted "back in my day at your stage of this career we put in AT LEAST 80 hour weeks every week and we liked it" speech and was told to try and come in more often (I haven't and don't plan to - I get my work done and the contract only asks for 40 hours a week). If anyone should be in trouble it's him for putting in twice the amount of time for basically the same quality result completed in the same amount of days as I could/do.

Anyway, I got called in again yesterday for another complaint. Now he's mad that I stopped asking him to come to lunch with our group and not making him feel "welcome" in the office anymore. What is this guy's deal

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Skip your boss and go straight to HR and complain about the dude. Tell them he is making you "feel uncomfortable." You now have the moral high ground and will win any battle you come up against since you were the first to go to HR. Corporate life is loving lovely, but if you know how to game the system and make it work for you then you can at least make it bearable. So go tattle on him. He'll be forced to leave you alone or get fired.

I'm not sure if we even have a HR department, it's a research institute. Maybe we do but if so it's very uncommonly used. As far as I can tell any and all complaints go to your direct supervisor, unless the complaint is about the supervisor in which case you have to talk to the director. Failing that I think there's a national ombudsman or whatever you can call.

In any case, i dont consider it worth my time to figure all that stuff out. As long as this guy stops bugging my boss he's not even a problem.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

CynCyanide posted:

Why the gently caress is this guy wasting all of his time keeping a log about you instead of actually working?

I have no idea. Before all this I thought we were OK friends :shrug:

Whatever the reason I am sure it is incredibly petty and about something I don't even remember doing.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

This is jackpot amazing. Not only does this guy sound seriously devoid of any social sense, your manager sounds like a grade AAA autist for calling you in the second time instead of simply saying "well, yeah, guy, you tracked his hours and then turned him in for working a 40 hour week, so of course he's not going to invite you out."

I think he only did it because there's probably some policy that all complaints need to be discussed with the relevant parties. The second time the tone was more "please placate this idiot so he'll leave me alone even though he's clearly in the wrong" instead of "you did a bad thing".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

You only have option left. Go into work very very early and start farting on his chair. Just fart on that chair everyday for months and months. Then one day pour a cup of water on that bad boy a few hours before he gets into work and let the accumulated farticles loose!

I've gone in as early as 7 in the morning, he was still there and looked like he was already settled in. Unless I come in at like 4-5am I don't think there's any beating him. He does have his own "special" coffee bean stash with a "for ____'s use only" sticker on it, I could fart on that.

• Locked thread