Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dengue_Fever
Sep 21, 2011

Trump vs. Bernie: Debate for America

This is a great piece of satire, highly recommend watching. It's on point and funny.

Others have said similar things, but it really does appear that the popular culture of the country has moved to a strange sort of self-consumption. A wild twisting Ouroboros of irony, anger and fear.

The irony parts strike me particularly in this piece, here is a presumably intelligent, urbane audience enthusiastically applauding Trump more than Bernie. Yes, it's comedy. Yes, it's satire. But even intelligent people love Trump for his entertainment value. And who are we to say that the anger and cognitive dissonance spread throughout America doesn't play on Trump supporters in a similar, less sophisticated way. In fact, it is a slightly more honest and direct form of irony. But the joke is on the political class and the whole country. Trump gets support because things are so far gone that a whacked out caricature of bumbling powerful rich men is more appealing than someone telling it straight and like it is (Bernie). Trump is the clown, the collective residual image of what people see is wrong with the country and what they love, even if they don't realize it. Somehow Trump supporters have convinced themselves that a cartoon version of the kind of people that has caused problems is the one to go and solve them. He is a cathartic figure who represents the anger, fear, and aspirations of his supporters. God help us all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Lol gas

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
:yikes:

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?
What is this, NPR? This is some NPR level poo poo

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

We don't take kindly to comedy round these parts

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

it is kind of harsh saying that the op should die choking on his own liquefied lungs in a room full of poison gas. i mean, we were all thinking it and i personally agree 100% that it should happen, but you shouldn't come right out and say it.

Dengue_Fever
Sep 21, 2011

You assclowns practically make my point for me.

cnut
May 3, 2016

RobattoJesus posted:

We don't take kindly to comedy round these parts

Right on. This is General Bullshit, not General Rolling On the Floor Laughing My rear end Off. I mean, c'mon!

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
didn't read, clicked the link but closed once i saw it was a youtube

you're not allowed to post youtube in gbs enjoy you're ban

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

I would love to have Bernie and Trump debate. And not even to acknowledge Shillary beyond being a special snowflake that laws do not pertain to. Better yet, not invite Hillary and yet every question would pertain to her.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
any rational person regardless of who they are planning to vote for can see this election system and this particular cycle are hilariously hosed up

and people wonder why voter turnout is so low

if i even bother to vote i'm just going to write in 'NO CONFIDENCE IN FUCKMEN' and then vote the D downticket

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
a 43 minute "satire" about why donald trump sucks? lol

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I clicked the link but i only watch videos that are very short (10-15 seconds) because time is money except a finite resource we all spend at the same rate and if i got 1 cent for every second of stupid vid i watched id watch more dumb poo poo like the vid in the OP and make almost 26 bucks but i dont so i won't watch it.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Dengue_Fever posted:

this isn't the political forum, the youtube wasn't funny and we can't know if we agree or disagree with your post because we didn't read it

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Dengue_Fever posted:

dengue, so what

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

Cartouche posted:

I would love to have Bernie and Trump debate. And not even to acknowledge Shillary beyond being a special snowflake that laws do not pertain to. Better yet, not invite Hillary and yet every question would pertain to her.

Since Hillary was shamefully overlooked in the op (because she's a woman?) here's some hilarious hilldog satire http://www.theonion.com/article/female-presidential-candidate-who-was-united-state-52367

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
fusion television lol

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
The ironic death of the soul is when the pee pee goes into the poo poo and lol gay.

Piledriver into the mat snapping your neck except it doesn't really snap because its bouncy like a metaphor for the universe and somebody pee pees in your poo poo.

Op is gay.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

holly fuckin poo poo nws that

edit: dont wanna get probate

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jul 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

All of US candidates are loving awful, kthx.

EDIT: You should elect Schwarzenegger as your President, or at least Al Bundy or something.

• Locked thread