Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

belgend posted:

Whichever Roberto's first season at Everton was when they did real well cause I remember this very vividly and then Andy Carroll of all people scored the winner and I was mad

the match hoops is talking about was against blackburn

edit also it was in the league not the cup

chuggo is BACK fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

chuggo is BACK posted:

the match hoops is talking about was against blackburn

Then it happened twice cause in a cup semi against Everton I remember Brad Jones being in after a red card

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

belgend posted:

Then it happened twice cause in a cup semi against Everton I remember Brad Jones being in after a red card

that was the next week yeah he started because Doni was obviously suspended for the red against Blackburn

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
im glad chelsea are poo poo

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
You don't have to poo poo up matches to be poo poo but they are poo poo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Hoops posted:

Do you remember that cup game in 2012 or 2013 when Reina was banned. Doni started and got a red card, and then Brad Jones (I think) came on, and committed a very questionable challenge on the last man in the box that the ref didn't give? I nearly had a heart attack

lmao I had forgotten about this, in fact I had forgotten Doni existed at all, we've had a weird succession of backup keepers iyam

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

vyelkin posted:

lmao I had forgotten about this, in fact I had forgotten Doni existed at all, we've had a weird succession of backup keepers iyam

Doni was a real sad story he literally died in summer 2012 then sort of disappeared until we terminated his contract.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Brad Jones was real bad and watching him play in goal made me uncomfortable.

As erratic was Migs is he's certainly a good number two.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ewar Woowar posted:

Brad Jones was real bad and watching him play in goal made me uncomfortable.

As erratic was Migs is he's certainly a good number two.

One of my favourite Wacky Brenda moments was when he decided he didn't like Mignolet after all so he was going to play Brad Jones as his first choice keeper even when Mignolet was fit, and then Jones was really bad and then he got injured anyway so Brendan was forced to play Mignolet after all.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I hadn't seen our third kit before this game against Milan but holy gently caress it's bad

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
It's very bright and everyone looks like a yellow blob.

Mane is good. Milan are bad.

Sturridge always looks rusty now. Hope he can stay fit.

paddyboat fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 31, 2016

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Paddyb posted:

Mane is good.

Yeah he's actually looked great pre season. Crazy pace but good decision making too. Also super impressed with Klavan.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Ewar Woowar posted:

Also super impressed with Klavan.

Nice to see he's started off well. Reckon he'll be first choice when the season starts?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

jyrka posted:

Nice to see he's started off well. Reckon he'll be first choice when the season starts?

I think Klopp is set on Lovren/Matip, but with Sakho's injuries and discipline issues I wouldn't be surprised to see Klavan as first backup

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

8th place keeper chat, my wallet.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

jyrka posted:

He could definitely play his way into the side. Matip is supposedly set to miss most of pre season but will be fit to start against Arsenal. Personally I think if Klavan keeps playing like he has then he could get the nod.

He's pretty quick for a older centre back eh?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

EvilHawk posted:

Sky deciding that the first two Friday night games would be United v Southampton and Chelsea v Liverpool is ridiculous. Two of the most difficult journeys in the Premier League (in terms of traffic and public transport), and I'll bet there's no additional trains being put on.

Chelsea to Liverpool is a super easy journey.

Long, but easy. It's 1 train to Liverpool and then a pretty short walk.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Yeah but the last train back leaves Liverpool just before half time.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

So about right for most Chelsea fans.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Dudley posted:

Chelsea to Liverpool is a super easy journey.

Long, but easy. It's 1 train to Liverpool and then a pretty short walk.

Friday afternoon/night car journeys from and to Liverpool are a massive pain in the arse.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
theres a train station in London called Liverpool street, I presume it goes to Liverpool?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

JFairfax posted:

theres a train station in London called Liverpool street, I presume it goes to Liverpool?

Of course not that would make too much sense for our stupid public transport system

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Leicester got trashed 4-0 in a friendly with PSG. They're going to get relegated.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Will be interesting to see if Leicester can beat Chelsea's record of worst ever title defence from last season.

e: Also for those living abroad (or looking to avoid giving money to Papa Rupert) a new German streaming service called DAZN has been announced. In Germany, they've got all the rights for the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1. The service will allegedly cost just €9.99 per month, with no strings attached. The official start date hasn't been announced yet, but it might be one to keep an eye on.

http://www.dazn.com/

Raffles fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Aug 2, 2016

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Vegetable posted:

Leicester got trashed 4-0 in a friendly with PSG. They're going to get relegated.

They'll get relegated but win the Champions League.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I've decided to support United this season. Gonna get an Ibrahimovic jersey.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm not sure if you get how this supporting thing works

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

A jersey you say? Is it made out of wool?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Josh Lyman posted:

Good decision. They will definitely be one of the teams in the race for the title. And Ibrahimovic? Heh, he's bound to score a few. ;)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Raffles posted:

just €9.99 per month, with no strings attached.

What a ripoff.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Raffles posted:

Will be interesting to see if Leicester can beat Chelsea's record of worst ever title defence from last season.

e: Also for those living abroad (or looking to avoid giving money to Papa Rupert) a new German streaming service called DAZN has been announced. In Germany, they've got all the rights for the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1. The service will allegedly cost just €9.99 per month, with no strings attached. The official start date hasn't been announced yet, but it might be one to keep an eye on.

Cheers! Hoping it gets launched in Switzerland soon as well. Is it already broadcasting in Germany?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Raffles posted:

a new German streaming service called DAZN has been announced.
good of tychan to enter the streaming market

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Raffles posted:

Interesting, but it's probably with German commentary as well? :hitler:

African AIDS cum posted:

What a ripoff.

In glorious Belgium, I have to pay ~20 euro/month to see some selected PL, Serie A or La Liga games.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I use a pilfered verizon login and stream all the games for free. Wouldn't pay more than $5 a month for it, most of the games are real bad. And I don't own a TV.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

lol don't forget to buy one for the missus!

http://store.manutd.com/stores/manu...-17-kids/180300

TheBigAristotle fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 2, 2016

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
imagine living in a poverty continent that doesnt get every game through nbc

sad

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

:bustem:

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Josh Lyman posted:

good for you supporting the plucky little red devils they need all the help they can get

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

greazeball posted:

Cheers! Hoping it gets launched in Switzerland soon as well. Is it already broadcasting in Germany?

You're in luck, my research tells me it will be launched in Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

make it

MASTURBINHO

• Locked thread