Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Democrat - This decision brought to you by a coin in my wallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go with Ted Cruz.

Fake edit: That's interesting, that the word filter is processed like another piece of BBCode, such that the original text still has the correct name.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

JT Jag posted:

I vote for Ted Cruz.

Er, sorry. Zodiac Killer.
Oh hey, that's neat. And it makes sense in retrospect that the filter can't search for every possible pattern that humans could interpret as his name.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Joe Biden. Ideally we'd have the choice for Ruth Ann Minner, but she's a bit too local for recognition.

Seriously, despite being a Democrat in a Democrat-dominated state she still managed to be contentious, such that her preferred successor for governor narrowly lost in the corresponding primary.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

my dad posted:

Max out our HQ in Texas, make a TV ad about how much we love fighting ISIS.

We can fundraise next week before we move on elsewhere.
Sounds like a cool plan to start out with. From what I've gathered with a bit of math, HQs aren't great if you're just going for money but good if you're going for awareness (which in turn lets you fundraise for actual dollars). Unless you put down an HQ in the first few weeks you'll never be making a profit off it directly in the default mode (25 weeks to break even for 0->1 or 0->2, or ~19 weeks to break even for 0->3).

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go with California, build stuff, Securing the Borders. And we are of course not calling attention to Cruz's birthplace or the fact that his father is Cuban, no sir.

(Cruz is a natural-born citizen of the US, so it's mostly just comical that despite his background he's got a hard-line stance against immigrants.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Slaan posted:

Screw you bandwagon, we need money first

CA, Raise awareness, MICHELLE HATES FIGHTING ISIS
Agreeing with this.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

California, build, Borders

Because reasons.
Let's go with this. (At this point in the campaign, it seems as though your moves will be pretty telegraphed. No one, politically speaking, cares about tiny states like Delaware except when they're trying to eke out some last few votes.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

California, raise awareness, Border, get Foreign Policy endorsement then snipe Democratic ones.
Sounds like a plan, though I'll agree with Montegoraon for designating the environmentalists as the first sniping target.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Virginia, Ad, Religious Freedom

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Fundraise, go to Florida at some point because that's a battleground state, tell them you like Fighting ISIS

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Ohio HQ Abortion
Let's go with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Uh, oops. Pretend I said Florida for the build instead. (Ohio's still good for awareness and all.)

• Locked thread