Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The story is even more abbreviated than the Dragon Ball games. The game only looks easy because the underlings don't seem to cause much damage.
I thought the code was just a simple sparring hand signal instead of the actual fighting one, because they have two signals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
There is only one t in Penitence.
I am guessing they named that one attack "softness", because he is a Soft user. His attacks straight up murder people, but his style places less emphasis on physical force during fights. I think I worded that correctly.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
In the post-apoc future, people will cosplay as muscular assassins.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Did the game ignore the God's Army arc? Now there was some interesting lore.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Toki also allowed his victims' heads to do a 180 and basically O face before dying. His kills are very creative. I recommend the manga/anime, even though the anime is rather censored.
I don't think you ever took so much damage in the game until this point. Everything looked like early Dynasty Warrior missions in difficulty.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I don't know what the game will cover so I try to avoid spoiling everything.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The story with Shew is rather hosed up, but these martial arts are meant for killing and they are hardcore about their rules no matter the situation.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

ProfessorProf posted:

My favorite thing about the FOTNS setting in general is that the world was nuked into the punchmans apocalypse like a decade or so back, but everyone is practicing these ancient martial arts passed down for centuries. The implication is that all these people were training ther over-the-top murder techniques in normal modern Earth, then when society suddenly collapses into a might-makes-right hellscape, they're all like "GOD, FINALLY".
Also that giants are common enough among the people and not at all some mutation.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Night10194 posted:

What caused the nuclear war, anyway? Pre-emptive strike on the terrifying punchman dojos?
Can I spoil this, GamesAreSupernice, or should I wait for the God's Army mission?

edit: Nice.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jul 26, 2016

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Thouzer was a learning experience when I looked up his imperial blood.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The story goes that the world got nuked by what may have been Not-Putin and the Oligarchs, people who expected to rule the world with their surviving military after destroying it. They were soon killed by Colonel, a member of the Russian Red Berets, who found out about their plan to end the world. He founded what eventually became God's Army.

Thouzer was a real bastard to everyone. His star is Leadership, which makes the Nanto unable to defeat him. His "imperial blood" is really the condition of Dextrocardia situs inversus totalis. Thouzer first met Kenshiro as a boy who fought in the Nanto version of a kumite. Roah entered him to assess his potential. Child Kenshiro defeated 9 in a row and Shew was the last opponent. Shew won easily and was ordered by Thouzer to kill the boy as per Nanto law and Shew wanted none of that, and scratched his eyes in exchange to spare the boy. Shew got his star of Benevolence for that. The world ended some time later.

Did you know that Shew had a son (Shiva) who saved Ken when Thouzer nearly killed him? He was killed for that. That final attack of Thouzer doing a handstand and leaping in the air that looked real awkward, was the result of his legs being paralyzed from Ken hitting his vital points. Thouzer also regularly supplied his slave labor with children, to build his mausoleum. Had them tortured and whipped by adult slave-drivers.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 27, 2016

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The name of the groups are different. They are different people. Kenshiro defeated Colonel before he met the Fangs.
Thouzer was top dog before the world ended.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
For a guy on his last legs, Toki sure is living for a long time with radiation sickness. Doesn't help he is moving through the irradiated wasteland.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I waited so long for those Manly Tears. This sort of thing happened all the time in the series.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Now we'll never know who the last Nanto General is.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am wary about the Raoh episode, since the game might surprise me and tell more of the story.

This arc pulls all sorts of strange things. Fudo had a huge role in shaping Raoh's life. The word is fearful. The old man in the cutscene helping Kenshiro, was Rihaku of the Ocean. He probably set up all those traps you see in the palace. He has a different role in the sequel or whatever you call it, where he is an advisor to Bat and Rin's Hokuto army. Rihaku also has a daughter called Toh, who tried to seduce Raoh away from Yuria and soon after committed suicide when her plan failed. Yuria represents the Compassionate Mother Star. Her existence makes the guys go crazy for her.

What happened after Raoh stole Yuria, was that he felt fearful of Kenshiro and resolved to overcome it by killing Fudo. Fudo died, but it wasn't by Raoh. Back to the final battle, Raoh intended to kill Yuria and found out she had the same radiation poisoning as Toki. Yeah. Raoh felt sorry for her and gave her a life extension, which led to him having the same sympathy as Kenshiro, putting him on his level. She is sister to Ryuga and Juza.

Internet crapped out when I was typing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Of course, you can trust that was Shin's intention all along, instead of being some thug who stole someone's girlfriend and almost killed her beau in the same minute.

• Locked thread