Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Lord Binky posted:

and then the cops launched their false flag attack

https://twitter.com/DallasPD/status/751222360867418112

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
sounds like an attack weapon to me!

Junkiebev
Jan 18, 2002

Feel the progress.

how many days did the cops have until retirement?

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

ItBurns posted:

lol you can't tell what it is by the sound sorry

I bet I could tell if it was one of those a10 guns. bzzzzzzzzt haha

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Dorner hath returned and his wrath is beyond comprehension

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Lord Binky posted:

I bet I could tell if it was one of those a10 guns. bzzzzzzzzt haha

I wish every gun sounded like that

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Three cops shot: two Dallas PD, one DART. That's where we're at right now. Hopefully that number doesn't get any higher.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

What happens if the shooters were white angry at the police sympathizing with black protestors in unison.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

ItBurns posted:

I prefaced by saying it was hard to tell, mainly because of the buildings and the echo. So who knows for sure, I was just saying that it sounded like a larger caliber weapon.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

WFAA news lady going on about how DPD officers have been too terrified to "deal with the public" since Ferguson; continuing to imply that protesters and "anti-police sentiment" are to blame.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
what if the shooter is a chinese?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

If it is a full auto gun that's a reaaaaly low rate of fire. Much lower than an M4/AK. But the sound is all echoey so who knows.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lord Binky posted:

and then the cops launched their false flag attack

I hope this goes into next Jack Reacher movie.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Why doesn't america just stop bothering with the police altogether and be more like Mexico and Israel where the military is just loitering everywhere.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

speng31b posted:

WFAA news lady going on about how DPD officers have been too terrified to "deal with the public" since Ferguson; continuing to imply that protesters and "anti-police sentiment" are to blame.

its sad that this will be the narrative, when it clearly isnt :(

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Via Zero Hedge:
According to Breaking 911, the Dallas gunman has been described as a black male wearing green ballistic vest with a long gun. Fox adds that 3-6 officers have been injured, while according to the International Spectator there is an active situation at the Omni Hotel in Dallas.

edit: A witness is now saying that the shooter was in the parking garage, likely with a sniper rifle shooting the police below. Initial shots had a delay between shots, then police returned fire rapidly in unison. That story syncs up with the 'holy gently caress' video recording the sound of the shots.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 8, 2016

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Pryor on Fire posted:

If it is a full auto gun that's a reaaaaly low rate of fire. Much lower than an M4/AK. But the sound is all echoey so who knows.

Furious Mittens posted:

I prefaced by saying it was hard to tell, mainly because of the buildings and the echo. So who knows for sure, I was just saying that it sounded like a larger caliber weapon.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

speng31b posted:

Get ready for the tributes to our wonderful police forces. True heroes. Now, back to business as usual - keep killing with impunity. You've got a golden ticket now boys!

Him
Oct 9, 2015
Police have one shooter in custody.

xwing
Jul 2, 2007
red leader standing by

ItBurns posted:

Haven't listened to it myself... but you certainly can if you're really used to gun fire. .223 from a distance sounds kind of like a bullwhip with a bit of a rattle. Sure it's no science but it's possible to tell pistol vs. rifle and heavy calibers, etc.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dorner Lives

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
a dart officer told me my utd id wasn't valid for a student fare and kicked me off the train one time so idk maybe i'm not too sad about that

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
not a regular chinese but a RED CHINESE!?

has anyone looked up this angle

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dorner, you son of a bitch. *flexes*

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

one dead pig

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
One confirmed police death is a DART officer. 3 other DART officers were injured, but should pull through.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

One of the police officers died.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."
People dying is not a good thing I think. Please don't flame me. I am serious I don't like people being killed and their lives ending in that moment and everyone they ever knew and cared about losing that part of their lives forever.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
would this qualify as irony?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Blazing Zero posted:

its sad that this will be the narrative, when it clearly isnt :(

maybe the group that's been dominating the media calling for "more dead cops" got exactly what it's been after - a mentally ill person killing some cops, and not for the first time

why shouldn't that be the narrative?

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
WFAA reported 1 dead and one of the DART officers was a woman

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

xwing posted:

Haven't listened to it myself... but you certainly can if you're really used to gun fire. .223 from a distance sounds kind of like a bullwhip with a bit of a rattle. Sure it's no science but it's possible to tell pistol vs. rifle and heavy calibers, etc.

I've heard plenty of gunfire in the sandbox and I can tell you that .223 is more of a prakleeeshooooooom whereas 308 is more of a dooooootwheeeex.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

McNutty posted:

People dying is not a good thing I think. Please don't flame me. I am serious I don't like people being killed and their lives ending in that moment and everyone they ever knew and cared about losing that part of their lives forever.

youre right, join us in posting about it, on the internet. #EveryPostMatters

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

McNutty posted:

This is sooo messed up... wtf is wrong with you?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

McNutty posted:

brave stance, friend

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

There's an arrest happening.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

ethanol posted:

one dead pig

He/She died valiantly in service instead of being executed by an idiot cop so there is that.

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.
News says one suspect is neutralized and one pinned down.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

reallivedinosaur posted:

maybe the group that's been dominating the media calling for "more dead cops" got exactly what it's been after - a mentally ill person killing some cops, and not for the first time

why shouldn't that be the narrative?

Maybe because the protest was 99.9% chill as gently caress and everything was going hunky dory until bumble gently caress ruined everything. It was winding down and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
10 officers shot

• Locked thread