Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

If they can swing Gilbert Gottfried, the Cena roast will be good for at least ten minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Chris James 2 posted:

New poll with potential future Network shows http://imgur.com/EQ2zWC1

TL;DR Options are Tapout fitness, WWE Kids, auction show, Attitude Era legends house, story time, a look at Flair's ex-wives, Bubba and Dreamer eating, live Q&A, improv promo wars, viral videos, superstar being the third wheel on a blind date, post-Summerslam show, Miz and Maryse reality show, Diva Search return, history of WWE, Total Divas NXT version (winner ends up on TD proper), Goldberg's car restoration place, bachelor goes on 50 dates in 50 states, game show, and roast of John Cena

They always have these polls with tons of things that actually sound hilarious, and then nothing happens. I'm going to hold out hope that we actually get a look at Flair's ex-wives, the roast of john cena, and THE RETURN OF THE DIVA SEARCH

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Bubba and tommy dreamer eating? Sign me up!

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

That DICK! posted:

I'd be really pumped about a John Cena roast if it weren't for 8 simple words

Presenting your roastmaster for the evening, Dolph Ziggler!!

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Cena getting up to the podium at the end of the show and reminding everyone that Amy Schumer wrote Ziggler into her movie and then cast John to play him would almost be worth it.

Almost

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

That DICK! posted:

I'd be really pumped about a John Cena roast if it weren't for 8 simple words

Presenting your roastmaster for the evening, Dolph Ziggler!!

"Tonight's bound to be a....TRAINWRECK!!!"

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
WWE Kids, a.k.a. Saturday Morning Slam

Please no Diva search/NXT total divas

I'd watch the hell out of a Cena roast and an improv promo show

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The majority of those sound rather interesting to me which sucks because we'll get one at the most.

WWE Game Night is already a series on YouTube by the way and it's loving great. It's basically UpUpDownDown but with board games instead of video games. Would love an expanded version of that on the Network.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
"wrestlers play board games" would be much more fun in the 80s and 90s when everyone was still roided and coked up

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Alain Post posted:

"wrestlers play board games" would be much more fun in the 80s and 90s when everyone was still roided and coked up

I never knew how much I wanted to watch Randy Savage promo battle The Omega Virus until now.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Big Bob Pataki posted:

Cena getting up to the podium at the end of the show and reminding everyone that Amy Schumer wrote Ziggler into her movie and then WWE said he's not available but we have this John Cena would almost be worth it.

Almost

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
My stepdaughter and her best friend have taken to Enzo and Cass. The kiddo’s the hyperactive smacktalker and her friend is tall for her age, so it kind of fits…

I showed them the “Beat Up John Cena” and Enzo/Cass save from Monday night. The kiddo turns to me and says “I like AJ Styles! The next time anyone at school does that stupid John Cena meme I’m going to hit them in the shoulder and yell about beating up John Cena.”

I’m debating how I should respond to her as a stepfather.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That should be your proudest moment as a stepfather.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

CobiWann posted:

Tell her she should save her punches for beating up John Cena proper.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

CobiWann posted:

Teach her and her best friend the Too Sweet hand gesture and the magic killer

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I'm looking forward to Orton / Lesnar but whatever happened to actually having reasons and poo poo for matches?

I didn't watch the Smackdown announcement -- are they giving any storyline reason for the match at all? Like was there some long forgotten grudge between Orton and Brock I'm forgetting or are they spinning it like Brock put Orton out or...anything? Or is this just happening as a "dream match?"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Randy just wants to RKO him out of an F5

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They seem to really want a new Diva Search to happen, for reasons that escape me.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

StarkRavingMad posted:

I didn't watch the Smackdown announcement -- are they giving any storyline reason for the match at all? Like was there some long forgotten grudge between Orton and Brock I'm forgetting or are they spinning it like Brock put Orton out or...anything? Or is this just happening as a "dream match?"

Yeah, that's why I asked myself. Judging by the YouTube clip, it's literally just "Oh, Brock's opponent at SummerSlam? It's Randy! Ok cool bye" with literally nothing else behind it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3iMdEfBx5o

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Shine posted:

I never knew how much I wanted to watch Randy Savage promo battle The Omega Virus until now.

I need this now. I want Meng and a barely functional, coked out Kerry Von Erich to team up and try to successfully put together MouseTrap.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Me during a promo from The Big Dog

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 8, 2016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/751495588852621312

lol

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Did they finally figure out that maybe they should mention Brock at some point

Weren't there pictures of Steve Austin and Randy Orton flying into Vegas too?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Did they finally figure out that maybe they should mention Brock at some point

It seems once it became the main event WWE kicked into overdrive on trying to claw as much out of it as possible. If brock gets smashed then well......

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

The Croc posted:

It seems once it became the main event WWE kicked into overdrive on trying to claw as much out of it as possible. If brock gets smashed then well......

Heyman: My client, BROCK LESNAR, was still only at 50% due to diverticulitis, he will be ONE HUNDRED PERCENT for Mr Randy Orton at Summerslam.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Croc posted:

Good thing it's no longer the main event

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Kevin Owens is a treasure! Renee is trying so hard not to corpse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2ZPtVJuHH4

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm guessing a Cena roast would be limited to very safe things about him, because kids are going to want to watch that. I'm picturing JBL coming up for a roast and saying "No John, you're poopy."

To be any good I'd hope they'd invite actual comics and not just wrestlers. Amy Schumer would probably have some great material on him. But I don't see them bringing, say, Anthony Jeselnik on the show.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Colt Cabana with more haircut anecdotes

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The majority of those sound rather interesting to me which sucks because we'll get one at the most.

WWE Game Night is already a series on YouTube by the way and it's loving great. It's basically UpUpDownDown but with board games instead of video games. Would love an expanded version of that on the Network.

Speaking of which, the season finale of Game Night is up on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD9oW1oZ7Uo

Xavier, Big E and Breeze vs. American Alpha + Mojo Rawley in a game of Pictionary :haw:

Game Night is excellent and I can't believe we'll have to endure an X amount of time until the next season :saddowns:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Busted Open channel 92 Sirius Radio posted:

Q: What was the craziest thing, and there have been many, Vince has made you do?

Kane: I’m not sure I can tell this one.

Q: Oh come on. What the hell was it?

Kane: This was Royal Rumble 2011, from Boston. I didn’t know what number or who I was throwing over just that they needed me. As soon as I got the area the boys were all huffing and puffing about something. Show (Big) came up to me and told me how Kev (Nash) had been offended by some last minute details and that he and Vince had it out. Then Show told me Kev had walked out. The backstory is apparently Kev was pissed that Vince wanted him to return as Diesel instead of the Nash character. I guess he felt like Vince was marginalizing all of the success he had in WCW with the Nash character. Anyways…

I was sitting with Mark (Henry) and Bryan (Danielson) in the locker room when sarge busted in and told me ‘Glenn you’re up.’ That meant that it was my turn to sort of go over the part of the rumble that I was going to be part of. It seemed strange getting the call so early, like several hours before the show started but I paid little mind. When I got to Vince’s office he was pacing around and seemed unhinged. ‘Glenn, we need to step up big tonight. You’re going to be a game changer tonight. Can we trust you Glenn?’

Vince has this way of empowering you. I really felt rejuvenated after hearing that. I really wasn’t expecting much for this event but now Vince had my interest peaked. He told me ‘We made some promises to some very loyal people (WWE universe) that a very special return would be happening. A return from Big Daddy Cool! However due to a mutual inability to come to an agreement; Kevin Nash will not be appearing tonight. That doesn’t mean we won’t see Diesel. Are you following me Glenn?’

I was sitting there in his office in disbelief. How in hell is he going to try and run me down the ramp dressed up like Kev (as Diesel) again? He told me they had a wig prepared that would look exactly like Kev’s hair; because I had short hair the time. He told me to go with sarge and test out the gear in private. There was a million things I wanted to say but I was really in such disbelief that I couldn’t mutter a single word. I stood up, Vince slapped me on my shoulder proud as a father could be, and I walked out with sarge leading the way.

I was really hoping this was some sort of joke but as sarge lead me into a private dressing room there it was all over again, the Diesel outfit that had nearly ended my wrestling career sixteen years earlier. Being the loyal employee I put the outfit on as well as the wig and waited in the room for someone to tell me what my match plan was.

It felt like forever waiting in that room staring at the wall wondering why in the hell am I doing this bullshit again? I was really close to taking the lovely outfit off and just going home when Pat (Patterson) came into the dressing room and told me Kev came back and he and Vince worked it out. I needed to give up my Diesel gear and get back in my Kane gear pronto. He told me that they were going with the original plan. One problem; no one told me the original plan. Pat told me to wait here and I did. He came back fifteen minutes later and told me they forgot about Kane and said I would be going in dead last at 40, eliminate EJ (Ezekiel Jackson) and be eliminated by Rey in under two minutes.

So that is why I was number 40. No one ever mentioned the Diesel change to me again. I still can’t believe those fuckers were going to march me down the aisle posing as Kev again. What a loving nightmare.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

That would have incredible.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Kane remains The Best :allears:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

i'm really upset this didn't actually happen.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
Kane. Kane? Kane!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ZDar Fan posted:

If they can swing Gilbert Gottfried, the Cena roast will be good for at least ten minutes

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Good thing it's no longer the main event

I was wondering that, I thought UFC was pretty stringent that if there's a marquee match and a title match, the title match is the main, no matter what, and I checked and Tate's match is now the main.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Kane remains The Best :allears:

Amen. I'm sad we never got to Fake Diesel again BUT, with the brand split coming, we will almost 100% getting at least one Kane Big Gold belt run. Guy really does deserve one last champ run for decades of putting up with WWE and Vince. Well... he deserves twenty but I can settle for one. Also hope Nash cons Vince out of at least one more big payday.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

Kevin Owens is a treasure! Renee is trying so hard not to corpse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2ZPtVJuHH4

Kevin Owens is the literal best at everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Uncle Ulty posted:

Where is the Steve Blackman: Bounty Hunter show? :colbert:

steve blackman isn't even a real person! c'mon!

• Locked thread