Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
Looks like the recent CE thread got gassed. This will probably get gassed too. Anyway, here's what's going on in the world outside the US.

Baby Huey fired off a SLBM

The Iranian Hulk joins the fight against ISIS

China's doing poo poo in the South China Sea

Bitcoin lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
You know what I was going to post an impassioned plea for civility and not being complete jackasses but you know what? I don't really care any more.

Go hog wild! :homebrew:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36753335

DPRK supposedly shot a ballistic missile from a sub. Nevermind the fact they have no subs capable of it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

no mods no masters

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
These threads are the only way I actually get news about the real world.

I'd really like this one to stick around.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

ded posted:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36753335

DPRK supposedly shot a ballistic missile from a sub. Nevermind the fact they have no subs capable of it.

Dear leader finished his perfect round of golf, and while swimming in the ocean, rolled over, and farted the missile directly at the enemies of the people's republic.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I have a no shave chit but for shitposting

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
It's been about a day since that pokemon game came out, and someone playing it has already stumbled upon a corpse.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

A Bad Poster posted:

It's been about a day since that pokemon game came out, and someone playing it has already stumbled upon a corpse.

lol

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

A Bad Poster posted:

Let me shamelessly steal from the Fabgoon megathread:

Solumin posted:

So Pokemon Go was released and....

:allears:

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
Hahahhahahhahaha

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
and of course it isn't out in Canada yet...

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/751479016301879300

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Gun Free, Mod Free, Get School'd Zone

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

A Bad Poster posted:

I was visiting my brother-in-law in New Orleans when it came out. Three of us walked through some pretty drat sketchy neighborhoods looking for pokemon with our phones out like idiots.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am so confused. Is this a phone app game where you somehow hunt for Pokémon?

Never watched it, nor does my daughter, but sounds like a fun scavenger game.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Its a geocaching game so your phone needs that ability and a gyroscope.

You walk around outside streaming it the entire time, looking through your camera. It puts pokemon in the video in a certain location and you have to toss pokeballs to catch it.

You can then melt the pokemon down into candy and feed to other pokemon to increase their level.

There are a few special locations marked nearby on your map that will be either item stashes or gyms where you can challenge the gym leader, if you do, your pokemon becomes the champ, sits on it, and waits for other people to challenge it. If your team has a gym, you get free poo poo or something.

The funny parts of this is getting nerds outside, a lot of gym locations are weird like strip clubs or churches, finding pokemon at funerals, injuries, muggings, and social awkwardness.

I got a friend in maryland near dc. Him and his brother are kinda big and don't go outside much. They have been outside multiple times each day going to the park to catch poo poo or going to the church behind their house to take over the gym.

They went to a park last night, saw a scrawny black kid in a tye dye t-shirt and yelled asking if he was playing pokemon. Dude just had the most frightened look on his face and loving bailed out of the park.

Also the more people around you that play, the more poo poo and rare poo poo that happens near you. So rural people are lucky to catch the worst loving pokemon while urban areas catch everything.

photo dump cause some are really loving good
https://twitter.com/Iyagovos/status/751467320946589696

the white house is also a gym

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 9, 2016

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Yellow ribbon blows

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

also people are walking around at loving night with their phones out to snipe gyms and are looking shady as hell

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
wow i thought people had just really gotten into periscope or whatever. this is much worse.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

You really have to live in a city to play it. I'm at my mother-in-law's house now and there are no pokespots or gyms for miles. No wild pokemon at all.

It was fun in New Orleans though. I'll make a killing when I get back to Germany because it isn't released there yet but it uses Ingress portals for its stuff so as long as you have it installed from the US store you can still play.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x05qoOuSja0

Watch some nerd wonder why his neighbors don't want him walking around at 11 pm and then huff and puff as he has to cross a street without anyone seeing him

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

My brother wandered out of the bar at 1am last night with a girl to go look for Pokémon. I had really hoped he was getting laid.

This is after he spent over an hour getting this app to work in Canada. :canada:

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
I'm really glad I can live it vicariously through all the nerds and don't have to play.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Club Z one :lol:

Gave the app a try and my daughter likes it, I mean she's super active anyway, but this looks like it will be a nice thing to do outside at times.

I also think it's nice that Nintendo has found a way to get fat morbidly obese nerds to actually go outside.

Edit: Granted now sperglords the world previously could have avoid are now out in the open at all times.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I grabbed it and it somehow has all the memorial benches and plaques along the river in my tiny (30k) city. Like close up photos of it. Is this from facebook mining or something? I don't think they're that dedicated...

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

someone left it on all day except for when sleeping

https://medium.com/mobile-lifestyle/warning-pokemon-go-is-a-death-sentence-if-you-are-a-black-man-acacb4bdae7f#.v1sihswce

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I grabbed it and it somehow has all the memorial benches and plaques along the river in my tiny (30k) city. Like close up photos of it. Is this from facebook mining or something? I don't think they're that dedicated...

you can ask nintendo to make points of interest of poo poo nearby if you send them the info

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

you can ask nintendo to make points of interest of poo poo nearby if you send them the info

so some nerd has done this already even though its not technically out in my country?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

so some nerd has done this already even though its not technically out in my country?

its possible

that or they are already working placing poo poo in your country that you can see and will release it when they finish the rest

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Third World Reggin posted:

That would explain why there is a gym literally outside of where I started the app. I live right outside Philadelphia, but it's the Main Line which has a lot money and kids/schools.

Also how long till someone on a base creates one that violates national security or something real dumb like on a deployed aircraft carrier or sub.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 9, 2016

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

gfanikf posted:

That would explain why there is a gym literally outside of where I started the app. I live right outside Philadelphia, but it's the Main Line which has a lot money and kids/schools.

Also how long till someone on a base creates one that violates national security or something real dumb like on a deployed aircraft carrier or sub.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:lol:

That's magical.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Most of the locations were imported from their other cell phone alternate reality game called Ingress.

Nerds submit pictures and coords for them

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

loool I posted about this in the idiots thread yesterday, nice to see some confirmation on it besides what I heard from my friend.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
http://www.ktvq.com/story/32403198/wyoming-teen-playing-new-pokemon-game-on-phone-discovers-body

It's even good for society!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Marines gonna lose another Osprey doing this

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

go3 posted:

"No, dude, relax, I just need to get under 17 knots to hatch all of our eggs"

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

yah so for those that don't know, you have these egg items you can hatch for some good poo poo or something. You have to walk a few KM but you can't go too fast or it doesn't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

go3 posted:

That or "there was a Pokémon in that 12 year old Okinawan girls bedroom, did you nor expect me to go for it"

• Locked thread