Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You're the problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Welp, if we're gonna get all the stores under one roof I reckon there's gotta be necromancy involved. :clint:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

IronClaymore posted:

When the Revolution comes, I look forward to eating your thighs.

I learnt a new recipe recently, about roasting super fatty meat. Lime [the fruit] and sea salt, and very very slowly roasted at very low oven temperature. The lipids slowly flow into the pan, leaving the cells themselves. Fat cells still contain protein and yummy stuff even when you get rid of the gross fat gunk. And so they keep the flavour. And it's winter here, excess fat isn't an issue. We all need fat-soluble vitamins, something that vegans always forget.

Sorry, Bloodfat McCoy, but, if prices become too severe, you'll be first on the menu.

Edit:
vvv
Also, not everyone has access to a loving car! drat, I'm not just poor, I'm "20th century poor"!
Ooh, when I can no longer afford to run my fridge, will your conservatives take pity on me? They always complain about poor people having fridges.
um heh heh. LOL!

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Mariana Horchata posted:

i always thought that the walmart smell was largely caused by the food places in them like subway...especially since those are located right by the entrance and the smell gets stronger the closer u get to them and it hits u as soon as u walk in. the remainder of it is prob from the cheap chemicals used to clean the place and of course the general smell of the people (both shoppers AND employees). some walmarts dont have much of a smell tho, usually the nicer and newer super walmarts have a p neutral aroma, esp the ones in rural areas like New Hampshire which attract a much broader demographic since often its the only store in a 50mi radius.

The Subway smell now reminds me of Walmart, which makes me sick. So I have even less of a reason to eat at Subway.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

The Subway smell now reminds me of Walmart, which makes me sick. So I have even less of a reason to eat at Subway.
well heres 1 reason why you SHOULD eat at subway

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

a hole-y ghost posted:

Italian Herb and [dick] Cheese.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
I'm nice to most people stuck in customer service, but my god it's hard not to hate Walmart cashiers. You don't have to be happy but don't bag 2/5 of my bags to be 30 pounds and the rest significantly less, with a single cucumber in the final bag. Also bread doesnt go in the bottom. I even lay my stuff out on the belt in an order for convenient bagging but they still manage to gently caress it up like idiots.

I always end up rearranging my stuff in the lobby.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

diabeetz posted:

I'm nice to most people stuck in customer service, but my god it's hard not to hate Walmart cashiers. You don't have to be happy but don't bag 2/5 of my bags to be 30 pounds and the rest significantly less, with a single cucumber in the final bag. Also bread doesnt go in the bottom. I even lay my stuff out on the belt in an order for convenient bagging but they still manage to gently caress it up like idiots.

I always end up rearranging my stuff in the lobby.
diabeetz
ain't got no cash
ain't got no style

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I apparently lived in the real middle of nowhere cause they didn't even have Walmarts there until I was in junior high. To get everyone hooked they were selling 12 packs of soda for 2 bucks. I went with my friends family and they filled up the back of their minivan with soda.

Also, when my husband the European visited America for the first time he couldn't loving believe they just sold guns in stores like that so he took a few pictures and the lady at the gun counter threw him out for taking pictures of the guns. I took him to the Big 5 sport shop and they let him take all the pictures he wanted.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

small fart.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

a hole-y ghost posted:

eat fresh!

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Target: The same Chinese garbage you bought at Walmart for 5% more money. But hey atleast it's mostly white people in here.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

lol at lying goons saying they don't or have never shopped at Wal-Mart, just lol.

"Hurr I'm just gonna go spend 20% more for this typical household item like light bulbs or dishwasher detergent at another store just because, you know, Wal-Mart is for poors huuurrrrfffaaaaarrrtt."

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I worked at one for over two years before I went to state college. Seriously that place opened my eyes to how hosed so many people are. I knew so many people there who had to work second jobs, and were on EBT. gently caress that store, gently caress sams club, and gently caress the waltons

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

gently caress that store, gently caress sams club, and gently caress the waltons. Ask me why I love Trump so much.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
the HEB house brand is pretty good. I haven't bought one item of it that I regretted. Also I like that their stores are nice and their advertising/cs treats me like a human being rather than a lemming. The only heeb complaint I have is that my neighborhood heb is one og the little, more ghetto ones. If you live anyplace with a lot of rich white people nearby your heb is a whole lot nicer and has more stuff than mine.

My mom lives in the whitey white burbclaves in Houston and she's got the biggest, nicest heb ever 1 block outside of her neighborhood. Makes me green with envy whenever I go there. They have a craft beer tasting station and an actual cheese section with more than just sandwich cheeses. Oh well. That's what I get living somewhere affordable with a lot of browns. Sigh.

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

I live in a nice part of town and sometimes when it's 2am and I can't sleep I go to Walmart to people watch and it's like "where do these people come from?"

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

There are on-duty police officers at our closest Walmart and people still get shot in the parking lot.

The last time we were there I refused to go inside and just waited for my husband and motherinlaw out front while some kind of altercation took place starting somewhere inside then traveled out front and into the lot.

The last time we went inside, I seriously could not figure out where those crab people came from. And everything was so disorganized and kind of gross. So gently caress Walmart.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

MaxNV posted:

I live in a nice part of town and sometimes when it's 2am and I can't sleep I go to Walmart to people watch and it's like "where do these people come from?"

I did the college kid drinking and whoring and working at disney world thing for a year. It's called, aptly enough, the college program. While you do it you live in company housing like an old coal miner. The housing is actually fine and they don't overcharge too much. Give it a c- or a d+. Anyway the upshot of this is that you live across a highway from disney world in one of the most touristy spots on the planet earf. You have two nearby grocery options: Hastings, a store built to rip of tourists that has half the poo poo you expect in a supermarket for three times the price, or the Kissimmee super wal mart.

If you've never been there, just imagine the hills have eyes or deliverence in a super touristy area, everglades swamp people edition. That walmart was wall to wall 400 pound cream cheese people in mobility scooters 24/7. All these years later I still wake up screaming after a nightmare where I am grocery shopping while being hunted by a herd of stay puft marshmallow people.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

i'm sam walton and would like to give you all refunds on your last purchase

plz send me ur credit card info in a PM thx and i'll b sure to get you a refund ASAP

ni hao.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

so does that mean that im right...that the walmart smell = subway?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
I used to work for FujiFilm as a field technician, their biggest client at the time (probably still is AFAIK) was Walmart/Sam's Club.

I've been in more of both than any single person should in a lifetime and agree with this thread. Terrible company, terrible employees and terrible customers.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

MaxNV posted:

those are black people, they come from the less nice parts of town.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I tryed to think of something from my childhood!

BOOM

Ray!

Something that could never hurt anyone!

BOOM BOOM

Ray! What is it Ray!!!!

It's... It's.... It's a walmart shopper.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nathilus posted:

I tryed to think of something from my childhood!

BOOM

Ray!

Something that could never hurt anyone!

BOOM BOOM

Ray! What is it Ray!!!!

It's... It's.... It's a walmart shopper.

I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

I dunno op, I buy a lot of fishing stuff and makeup at walmart, also charmin Ultra strong . P sweet actually

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I used a cheap hoody and sweat pants from walmart for like 4 years to work out in. I mean they were terrible if you wanted to look fashionable I guess but they certainly lasted, were decently comfortable, and kept me warm enough.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Having worked at one for a few years now (run my own business and I'll be hosed if I'm paying for my own insurance) it's not too bad it you go into the ones in more rural or upscale neighborhoods. Because the surrounding areas really really affect the individual stores.

Generally the more rural stores will be quieter and staffed with people from that area and better maintained as they have less traffic. While the one in higher end neighborhoods just have a higher level or care taken in them as they try to cater to their specific clientele.

None of this means that some stores don't have severe problems and that the employees are treated like poo poo both from management and from customers on a daily basis. The number of times I've seen what I can only call a renascence painting family (man woman three plus kids and 4 blacks eyes split between them), the traditional ham beast on a mobility scooter, or kid climbing into and diving into the ball cage is too many to count.

Had three women come in one day a grandma a mom and a daughter. They wanted to buy a tv. They wanted a big one but they didn't want it to be a smart tv. I ask them why as most of the larger ones at that and this time come with that poo poo. They say and I'm not kidding "our house is dirty".

After trying to process what in the ever living gently caress that meant I ask and their response is "those are the ones with the camera one them people can look in on you right we don't want that".

More stories if people want them.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Mariana Horchata posted:

so does that mean that im right...that the walmart smell = subway?

Absolutely! They are one in the same.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I know security professionals that are paranoid enough to cover their e-cams when not in use, so those dumb white people weren't being quite as dumb as you think.

It's still pretty paranoid but at this point we KNOW the alphabet soup agencies are actively attempting to spy on the populace at large. And these are the same kind of guys that ran iran contra. I have to fight off the paranoia myself sometimes.

Just don't put on the glasses whatever you do.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Chief McHeath posted:

lol at lying goons saying they don't or have never shopped at Wal-Mart, just lol.

"Hurr I'm just gonna go spend 20% more for this typical household item like light bulbs or dishwasher detergent at another store just because, you know, Wal-Mart is for poors huuurrrrfffaaaaarrrtt."

Reminds me of elementary school when my Star Wars/GI Joe figures from Kmart were inferior to someone else's bought from KayBee, Children's Palace, Toys R Us, etc.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

psychokitty posted:

There are on-duty police officers at our closest Walmart and people still get shot in the parking lot.

The last time we were there I refused to go inside and just waited for my husband and motherinlaw out front while some kind of altercation took place starting somewhere inside then traveled out front and into the lot.

The last time we went inside, I seriously could not figure out where those crab people came from. And everything was so disorganized and kind of gross. So gently caress Walmart.

whats it like going to walmart in fallujah

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

You know the chips in credit cards now had a guy last month who took a drill to his credit card to get rid of the chip because that how the government tracks you... he was using a credit card.

Walmart hasn't done layaway for a number of years and brought it back lets say 3 or 4 years ago. The stores only do it from October to the week before Christmas so its not running all the time. Had a woman come in in may wanting to pick up her Christmas layaway and then threw a fit that her money got refunded.

Have a regular customer who unironically uses the term jungle bunny to refer to black people.

For my first year or so there there was a woman who came in a every single day had a copy of the same picture made (some Eric Estrada looking motherfuck), our only guess was she was in some kind of weird cult.

Someone set fire to fresh mulch in our parking lot last month.

Bombthreats like 2-3 a month.

People still buying converter boxes despite the digital switch over for tv happening 8 loving years ago. Like really I sell like 5-10 a month.

Being super busy every 1st of the month for welfare checks. (I didn't think that was a real thing but my god the horde descends from the 1st through the 5th.)

Tax return season is just always such a cluster gently caress with people who lets say don't normally have money buying the dumbest poo poo.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I read the thread title like that one part of the waterboy

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Yea OP its bad. I prefer to do my shopping at other establishments. Well done.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Haruharuharuko posted:

You know the chips in credit cards now had a guy last month who took a drill to his credit card to get rid of the chip because that how the government tracks you... he was using a credit card.

Walmart hasn't done layaway for a number of years and brought it back lets say 3 or 4 years ago. The stores only do it from October to the week before Christmas so its not running all the time. Had a woman come in in may wanting to pick up her Christmas layaway and then threw a fit that her money got refunded.

Have a regular customer who unironically uses the term jungle bunny to refer to black people.

For my first year or so there there was a woman who came in a every single day had a copy of the same picture made (some Eric Estrada looking motherfuck), our only guess was she was in some kind of weird cult.

Someone set fire to fresh mulch in our parking lot last month.

Bombthreats like 2-3 a month.

People still buying converter boxes despite the digital switch over for tv happening 8 loving years ago. Like really I sell like 5-10 a month.

Being super busy every 1st of the month for welfare checks. (I didn't think that was a real thing but my god the horde descends from the 1st through the 5th.)

Tax return season is just always such a cluster gently caress with people who lets say don't normally have money buying the dumbest poo poo.
counterpoint: youre a retail monkey working for these people lmbo

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

vols bitch posted:

counterpoint: youre a retail monkey working for these people lmbo

Yeah and? Never said I was better than them I just have stories you want them or not?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
psst wlmart sucks. pass it on...

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

I want to one in the lovely part of Tempe around midnight once. A dude tried to sell me crack in the parking lot. That is my Wal-Mart story.

• Locked thread