Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Free Market Mambo posted:

Jonny 290 rendition bait-thread

loving lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jonny 290 posted:

loving lmao

lol

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

AuntBuck posted:

I think shoplifting is pretty common here, especially when a store has poor security. I have mixed feelings about the greeters and stores that automatically assume I'm stealing, but the stores around me fill a lot of those positions with disabled and elderly people which is nice. Plus they usually know stuff about the store so I can ask them where product X is without having to wander all over.

edit: Wouldn't mind if Alice Walton ate a chainsaw.

i went to sams club with my sister once and they checked EVERY SINGLE CART leaving the store. they were senior citizens but the ones who are active and not the ones on too many drugs

i have a feeling it was more to make the store with a subscription fee feel like its ~premium~ rather than actual loss prevention

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"

symbolic posted:

well hello, neighbor. Lehigh represent.

:hfive:

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
The Walmart near me ALWAYS has a police car parked at the front doors there. I don't know if I've ever been there and there weren't cops.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Business Gorillas posted:

Is it true that their response to the deli counter trying to unionize in one store was to remove deli counters from every store and lay off thousands of people?

Wouldn't be surprised at all. Like the Emprie blowing up an entire planet.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Three-Phase posted:

The Walmart near me ALWAYS has a police car parked at the front doors there. I don't know if I've ever been there and there weren't cops.

They park empty squads in high crime districts on the reg

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

I once talked the night manager at a Wal-Mart in Wichita, ks into selling and letting me install a new tire in their closed-for-the-night tire shop. I would have been screwed if he hasn't let me do that.

As I'm leaving there is a meth addled lady obviously shoplifting by taking things into the bathroom. The manager said it happens do much the cops won't even come and employees are powerless to stop it. I went into the bathroom and drug the lady and all her stolen poo poo out the front door as a thank you.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

That's a separate event.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

i don't shot at walmart so I can let people know I don't shop at walmart

btw did you know that I don't shop at walmart?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

I once talked the night manager at a Wal-Mart in Wichita, ks into selling and letting me install a new tire in their closed-for-the-night tire shop. I would have been screwed if he hasn't let me do that.

As I'm leaving there is a meth addled lady obviously shoplifting by taking things into the bathroom. The manager said it happens do much the cops won't even come and employees are powerless to stop it. I went into the bathroom and drug the lady and all her stolen poo poo out the front door as a thank you.

Why did you drug a lady? Did yo rape her too? Did u kick her rear end to the curb and scoop up and return all the ill gotten booty? Wow

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Haruharuharuko posted:

More stories if people want them.

WANT! Def WANT!

Don't let the shitpooters get ya down! Share 'n' Enjoy!

I, for one, enjoyed the poo poo outta your stories. Keep 'em coming!

autoaim.cfg fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 11, 2016

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

And then everyone applauded!

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug

And that meth lady... was Albert Einstein

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Nathilus posted:

the HEB house brand is pretty good. I haven't bought one item of it that I regretted. Also I like that their stores are nice and their advertising/cs treats me like a human being rather than a lemming. The only heeb complaint I have is that my neighborhood heb is one og the little, more ghetto ones. If you live anyplace with a lot of rich white people nearby your heb is a whole lot nicer and has more stuff than mine.

My mom lives in the whitey white burbclaves in Houston and she's got the biggest, nicest heb ever 1 block outside of her neighborhood. Makes me green with envy whenever I go there. They have a craft beer tasting station and an actual cheese section with more than just sandwich cheeses. Oh well. That's what I get living somewhere affordable with a lot of browns. Sigh.
Retail isnt great but apparently HEB is a great company to work for. One of my buds is an HEB manager and was telling me about how after the floods earlier this year HEB HR was contacting management of all the stores in affected areas and asking them to help identify employees in each store who might have been affected by the flooding and a couple employees at his store who got their cars flooded out and HR ended up sending them $1000+ checks to help cover the costs. Also last year they gave shares to everyone who's worked in the company for a couple of years, even the cashiers and baggers

Ive heard so many :allears: stories from him about how their hires who come from Walmart with horror stories about what a shithole it is, and how so many of the people they fire for sucking end up over at Walmart

naem
May 29, 2011

There was a Kmart near me as a kid that had once had a pet section and hamsters and parakeets had gotten loose in the store and no one did anything about it. Parakeets would flap around pooping on people and you had to check products on shelves for hamsters in case they'd gnawed their way inside

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
i think the grossest one i heard was about the walmart meat and how they have pink lighting in the meat cases to make it look fresh and how they turn the packages over at night and then flip them back over later because it slows the browing effect of old meat somehow

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
one time i went to walmart to buy paper towels and then i got a turkey call too because it was on sale

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I went shopping at sam's club with my mom, and my mom made some joke about stealing to the guy checking our cart and he said if he saw someone like me trying to steal, he wouldn't even stop me because I'm a

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

vols bitch posted:

one time i went to walmart to buy paper towels and then i got a turkey call too because it was on sale

:vince:

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Haruharuharuko posted:

More stories if people want them.

autoaim.cfg posted:

WANT! Def WANT!

Don't let the shitpooters get ya down! Share 'n' Enjoy!

I, for one, enjoyed the poo poo outta your stories. Keep 'em coming!

:same:

For content, I am 'murican born and raised and I have never been in a Walmart and I never will.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
You can even live in a Wal-Mart and no one will even notice.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1409137/teenager-caught-living-at-corsicana-walmart/

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

:vince:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

TeeMerk posted:

Literally a loving King of the Hill episode.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

KiteAuraan posted:

Literally a loving King of the Hill episode.

Feels So Good

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I remember back when they just sold walls. :corsair:

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Haha! Could you imagine some one saying that?!

e: like an old guy??

naem
May 29, 2011

TeeMerk posted:

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005
Non plaudite modo pecuniam jacite.

I don't ever shop at Wal-Mart because their stuff is cheap, they've historically had lovely business practices, and I don't live close to one. But I'm a frequent customer of Wal-Mart Vision, because eyeglass frames are just loving plastic with two small metal hinges. Unless they're those handcrafted wooden goon glasses, it's all made in some factory in Shenzhen anyhow whether it's Ray-Ban, Armani, or Sam's Club. So give me my $18 frames and I'll see you next year.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I dont like going to my local Wal-Mart because the same little old lady is always ringing up people at the register. I feel like, on top of a substandard job, she has to deal with mean weirdos often :smith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

What does the TV playing WII sports have to do with the methed out couple?

• Locked thread