Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Jade Star posted:

... and the True Retroactive AWC mod. The AWC will get discussed in the LP ... the AWC feature the way it should have been implemented ...

Advanced Warfare Centre?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Oh yes. Not going to watch immediately since I started my campaign before Alien Hunters came out and haven't had a chance to replay with the DLCs' new stuff, but I'll binge my way to catch up as soon as I've seen what they add. Glad to hear your opinion is generally positive, as the Steam reviews were sort of mixed, especially on Alien Hunters.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

OK,just submitted my solider. Just hope he's good enough. :ohdear:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Oh boy, another Xcom thread.

Submitted a soldier for the cause! :unsmigghh:

The last one was really informative and I look forward to seeing where/how this one goes!

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Submitted my soldier's application and looking forward to this LP. I haven't gotten Xcom 2 yet but your LP of the previous one helped me a lot.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Doobie Keebler posted:

Maybe I missed it in the video but is it ok if I make a soldier, export it and email that file for you to import? I'd hate for you to waste time tweaking 50 variables if you don't have to.

I didn't really consider this. I know its doable, because I did it before to get soldiers in my pool. So it must be easy. Totally email me your dude and instructions on what to do and I'll add it in.

InfinityComplex posted:

Signed on though I did put a voice pack as my preferred voice.

If i can get the voice pack through the workshop or other easy means, totally fine with this.

geri_khan posted:

Hey Jade, would it be useful to you if I exported a character and sent his file along as an attachment, instead of a description? I know exactly who I want to send you.

Yup, totally fine, as long as i can figure out how to import 'em. I seem to remember it was really easy.

Akratic Method posted:

Glad to hear your opinion is generally positive, as the Steam reviews were sort of mixed, especially on Alien Hunters.

The base game is absolutely beautiful. Jake took a lot of effort into polish up what he gave to us, and then after release he looked at a lot of the popular mods and played streams of it with his head programmer and they talked about adding in functions the mods added. what we get ends up being a really great game the devs took the time to listen to fans and patch and shape after launch.

Alien hunters is a cool concept, some neat story but uh, yeah, i can not fault people for really disliking it for what it does.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Gridlocked posted:

Uugughghghhg Alien Hunters DLC on, but it was so bad. Also not going to use the Long War Team's mods :(?

Long War is bad and you should feel bad for suggesting it.

And honestly, I'm not going to top NAPTIME already in your stream character set.

Devdisigdu
Mar 23, 2016

The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.
Submitted my soldier. Will the applications be just for us to show up as soldiers, or will they be set to show up as potential scientists / engineers or dark VIPs?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Veloxyll posted:

Long War is bad and you should feel bad for suggesting it.

I did not expect such vile things to come from your mouth.

And I have a Pauline Hanson avatar!

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Submitted, I look forward to dying horribly!

Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

I did not expect such vile things to come from your mouth.

And I have a Pauline Hanson avatar!

Oh god, can someone submit Pauline Hanson. She obviously hates aliens.

I want an AusPol squad so bad.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
Sent, this will be fun to watch.

AhrimanPK
Oct 9, 2012

'Ello 'Ello 'Ello

My name's Clive Owen!
I'll sign up this time I guess. I hope I don't end up inside a tree.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Always enjoy some good XCOM. I'll gladly sign up, don't care about the specifics though.

Fun fact: I worked on this game and my (real) name is in the credits. :monocle:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Neat, I got in early. I submitted a soldier.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

ZealousQ posted:

poo poo I never thought of an AusPol XCOM, I'm gonna do this for my new playthrough, thank you friend.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Spudd posted:

poo poo I never thought of an AusPol XCOM, I'm gonna do this for my new playthrough, thank you friend.

Jacqui Lambie as an XCOM soldier.

Uuuugh.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The whole war started because someone let Abbot talk, didn't it.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

ZealousQ posted:

If Jade is using his stream team as well, there is already a scientist Tony Abbott.

For what that's worth.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Veloxyll posted:

If Jade is using his stream team as well, there is already a scientist Tony Abbott.

For what that's worth.

Denies alien induced climate change.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Back when I was toying with streaming xcom long war (18 months ago) I had a randomly generated scott morrison

he was unironically my best soldier.

McGibby
Jan 27, 2009

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Well this will should satisfy my XCOM needs till I finish moving.

Another soldier to get die gloriously.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
I'm torn on Xcom 2. It does improve on the first in a lot of ways, but there's a lot of decisions I don't really like all that much.

I mean, it's partly because I'm really bad at the game, but hoo boy. I cannot tell you how many times one mistake in a battle actually cost me my entire campaign. So I'm looking forward to this to maybe show me how not to be so awful, and then maybe the game will be fun.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Ready to die for the cause, commander!

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
OK, sent my guy in.

Don't know what other mods you're planning, but I'm a fan of Lifetime Stats. It's a cute bit of additional info without changing any gameplay.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

heenato posted:

I mean, it's partly because I'm really bad at the game, but hoo boy. I cannot tell you how many times one mistake in a battle actually cost me my entire campaign. So I'm looking forward to this to maybe show me how not to be so awful, and then maybe the game will be fun.

Sounds like you need to invest in backup plans. Both in-mission (never save critical shots or advancing a position for the last character of the turn if you can possibly avoid it) and outside of it (have backup soldiers, not just an A-team, and cycle them so it's not a bunch of rookies in the lategame.)

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008
Came across these a good while ago in one of the US politics threads. Pretty sure I've linked them in Jadestars stream but I figured anyone thats kept a eye on the current election cycle may get a chuckle or two out of them.

Adar posted:

Gentlemen, I bring you XCOM: Presidential Edition 2016. Thus far, we've gone through the first mission of the game, Gatecrashing Iowa, with no two casualties. RIP Rand Paul and Rick Santorum; you will be missed.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

Bruceski posted:

Sounds like you need to invest in backup plans. Both in-mission (never save critical shots or advancing a position for the last character of the turn if you can possibly avoid it) and outside of it (have backup soldiers, not just an A-team, and cycle them so it's not a bunch of rookies in the lategame.)
I mean, yeah. Backup plans are a thing I need to think about a bit more, but as to backup plans on the geoscape, it was early enough that I couldn't really have a backup plan, but the things that just swarmed me immediately after were impossible to do without the squad that wiped in the previous mission.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

There, actually submitted a soldier for once.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Jade Star posted:

Yup, totally fine, as long as i can figure out how to import 'em. I seem to remember it was really easy.

I think I included instructions in my email for where to put the file, but after that you just go to Character Pool, Import Character, select all the files you want to import from, select the characters to import, click OK.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.
Just submitted mine! Hopefully the pride of Brazil will be reclaiming Earth from the alien scum.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Are you accepting applications for the Totally obvious DLC Class that they've talked about since release so I don't know why I'm spoiling this

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Definitely signing up for this.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

heenato posted:

I mean, yeah. Backup plans are a thing I need to think about a bit more, but as to backup plans on the geoscape, it was early enough that I couldn't really have a backup plan, but the things that just swarmed me immediately after were impossible to do without the squad that wiped in the previous mission.

Just keep a save at the start of and after each map and if something has gone straight poo poo restore to a point where it was not and try again. This is also important because I've found the game has some odd problems with saves every so often (at least on the Mac version, no idea if this also happens on PC).

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
I enjoyed the hell out of the last LP, and I'm looking forward to this one. Debating whether I want to submit a character, though (I just want to see a Motoko Kusanagi expy haul rear end).

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Devdisigdu posted:

Submitted my soldier. Will the applications be just for us to show up as soldiers, or will they be set to show up as potential scientists / engineers or dark VIPs?

VIPs and scientists/engies too. May as well get the maximum number of viewers in the game.

AhrimanPK posted:

I'll sign up this time I guess. I hope I don't end up inside a tree.

You're already in the character pool from the streams. You don't have a choice this time around.

Catsworth posted:

Fun fact: I worked on this game and my (real) name is in the credits. :monocle:

That is super awesome, can/would you be interested in talking about your work on the game? Like the first LP i figure there will be times where i have kind of filler missions and would love to have some interesting guests to talk bout the game and an inside perspective of working on the game would be great.

geri_khan posted:

Don't know what other mods you're planning, but I'm a fan of Lifetime Stats. It's a cute bit of additional info without changing any gameplay.

I love looking through more stats and I'm sure the people that get picked would appreciate knowing more about their soldier. I'll go check the workshop for this.

Kurieg posted:

Are you accepting applications for the Totally obvious DLC Class that they've talked about since release so I don't know why I'm spoiling this

Not the first one. That one is totally going to be Julian because that voice pack is too fantastic to pass up. I hadn't thought of this, but I'll totally rename any other not-shivs after sign ups though.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
gently caress I ran into a problem already. So the resistance warrior look is not available to me in the character pool because it's based on equipping a different set of armor, like you saw me do in the video. I figured it'd just be cosmetic and not be a problem. Well i was wrong. So to those of you who picked resistance warrior armor types I'm going to put everything else in, and then probably dress you with a dumb helmet or other identifier and put you in my notes as someone that needs to be changed if they get hired. Sorry for the inconvenience and confusion if you show up wearing a bright pink voodoo hat or something at first.

e: more updates as i make mens. The bin file import poo poo is realllly easy. Even I can figure it out. If you own the game and make a dude, totally email the bin file.

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 11, 2016

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Jade Star posted:

gently caress I ran into a problem already. So the resistance warrior look is not available to me in the character pool because it's based on equipping a different set of armor, like you saw me do in the video. I figured it'd just be cosmetic and not be a problem. Well i was wrong. So to those of you who picked resistance warrior armor types I'm going to put everything else in, and then probably dress you with a dumb helmet or other identifier and put you in my notes as someone that needs to be changed if they get hired. Sorry for the inconvenience and confusion if you show up wearing a bright pink voodoo hat or something at first.

e: more updates as i make mens. The bin file import poo poo is realllly easy. Even I can figure it out. If you own the game and make a dude, totally email the bin file.

Oh,I see. In that case,can I just make my guy in the game then email it to you? Or is it too late?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Signed up, this should be fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Jade if I already sent an application are you averse to me just making a soldier and sending you the file instead or would you rather I leave it be? Don't want to clog your inbox, and I'm not especially picky on my soldier anyway, but if importing is easier...

Any chance we could get you to export the resulting character pool? I think it'd be an interesting thing to kind of 'play along' with the LP and observe how the games diverge (or more accurately, observe how my mistakes snowball compared to yours).

Also I hope Skippy Granola's Banjo makes a guest appearance :v:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 11, 2016

• Locked thread