Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aegof
Mar 2, 2011

The first few times I read about this, my head auto-corrected it to "holy water."

That is my reaction, as a Texan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
I'm glad of it

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Jackson Holey Water

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Good - gently caress you Abbott, you rolling trash can

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
lol ya burnt

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Enfield did it better.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Good.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Kaedric posted:

Somehow this guy manages to be worse than previous Texas overlord, Rick Perry.

Pretty sure he's smarter than Rick Perry.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
I hope in the midst of his suffering he realizes what a rude gently caress he's been but I'm not holding my breath

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

God gave him the ol' spicy wheelchair

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

oldpainless posted:

Abbott is not a good governor and he shouldn't have been elected. This is my one serious post of the day and thanks for considering the points I have made here.

Counterpoint: Nah he's fine

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Augmented Dickey posted:

God gave him the ol' spicy wheelchair

Th' ol' chair wheels n' skin peels

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Frankly I know I should feel bad when people suffer a tragedy. But Abbot here is a utter sociopath anything he suffers to me might as well be gods judgement on him.

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.
When did Enfield become governor?

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

General Dog posted:

Pretty sure he's smarter than Rick Perry.

Oh, sorry, I should have been more clear: I meant 'more evil' instead of 'worse.'

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Demonachizer posted:

People are doing anything they can to avoid the RNC.

he did this knowing he'd feel little to no pain, as it was mostly his legs. Great way to avoid having to crown Not-Ted Cruz.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Kaedric posted:

Oh, sorry, I should have been more clear: I meant 'more evil' instead of 'worse.'

Rick Scott wins looks most evil

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The guy might be a dickish rear end in a top hat.
But by god he's one unlucky dickish rear end in a top hat. I'll give him that much.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I hate my dead gay alien governor.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
karma isn't real and there is no justice in this world. but it is still very nice when terrible things happen to terrible people.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Maybe's he's British and you are the judgemental one

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

When it rains...

quote:

A doctor on Monday determined Abbott had developed a minor infection as a result of the burns, and Abbott has been admitted overnight for further treatment. His office said he will undergo skin grafts Tuesday to repair damage on both feet.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/texas/gov-greg-abbott-severely-burned-in-accident/269821147

best friend massage
Sep 12, 2010
I really want to be glad that something lovely happened to Abbott, but I can't help but feel bad for him. He may be a real piece of poo poo, but having burnt AND paralyzed legs is really loving terrible. Maybe if YOU had lovely burnt legs you'd be an rear end in a top hat too

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Get hosed bad leg Greg

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I'm surprised that this story has legs

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

best friend massage posted:

I really want to be glad that something lovely happened to Abbott, but I can't help but feel bad for him. He may be a real piece of poo poo, but having burnt AND paralyzed legs is really loving terrible. Maybe if YOU had lovely burnt legs you'd be an rear end in a top hat too

He was an rear end in a top hat before the legs tho.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

best friend massage posted:

He already was an rear end in a top hat every pain inflicted on him is well deserved.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
some pains are necessary if a reformation is to occur

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

For the record, in case anyone didn't know, second degree burns are the point where you're covered in blisters that drip nasty ooze all over you when they pop. 3rd degree involves nerve damage and is typically caused by something so hot that you don't remove clothing as it's fused to the skin.

What I'm saying is that whatever caused this was really loving hot or applied over a looong time.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Hopefully it's MRSA.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

FoolyCharged posted:

For the record, in case anyone didn't know, second degree burns are the point where you're covered in blisters that drip nasty ooze all over you when they pop. 3rd degree involves nerve damage and is typically caused by something so hot that you don't remove clothing as it's fused to the skin.

What I'm saying is that whatever caused this was really loving hot or applied over a looong time.

bad man in horrible pain = unequivocal good

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

real life Cotton Hill?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

*in rain man voice*

hot water burn governor

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

You know, the best thing about this whole thing is that Trump is so bad the govenor of Texas became a Burnie man.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
I for one think we shouldn't use this occurrence to promulgate the just world fallacy

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Lichy posted:

I for one think we shouldn't use this occurrence to promulgate the just world fallacy

In a just world that tree would have finished the job. We live in a ridiculous world, not a just one.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if this was a just world this would happen to every regressive fuckwad who abuses their authority. most of those people die rich and happy, accompanied by glowing eulogies about how wonderful they were.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
YA LOL I BET IT DOES SUCK TO BE A TEXAS GOVERNOR LMBO

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
This has about 110% chance of being the result of some kinda weird sex thing imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postcount
Sep 10, 2002

I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

That's his O-face.

• Locked thread