Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
PYFers? I call em "Redditors who can swim"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

we need to just turn qcs into glass with nuclear bombs imo

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
I've yet to hear about the games sub forum, surely the island nation of gaming is pretty cool and good?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I'd be careful with that QCS talk. It's like a homeland for Moderators, and we all know that if you insult the Mods, they'll make sure you never post again.

e: i mean, look what happened to mel gibson," was the last words of at least one poster before being banned by a mod.

Ork of Fiction fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jul 11, 2016

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Bigpeeler did nothing wrong.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Hell Yeah posted:

I was rearin' for a holocaust but at the end of the day anything the makes them gone is good by me. Really I just want the awful noises coming from over there to stop. What the HELL is going ON in there.

https://youtu.be/JaLjwSpZ6Cs

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
If any of you idiots actually read the BYOB rules you'd see it says that it's ok to be fake and sarcastic to other forums posters.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
So byob is like islam is what you are saying?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Worlds Smuggest posted:

I've yet to hear about the games sub forum, surely the island nation of gaming is pretty cool and good?

Negative. They have strange "customs" I'm an immigrant from there and I've come to take your women :twisted:

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I don't like the following sub forums:

General Bullshit
FYAD
BYOB
RSF
Games
Debate & Discussion
Post Your Favorite (or Request)
Ask / Tell
Serious Hardware / Software Crap
Inspect Your Gadgets
Sports Argument Stadium
You Look Like poo poo
Something Offal
Automotive Insanity
Heavy Petting
The Firing Range
Habit Foruming
Captain Napalm's Thermonuclear League of Liberty
Creative Convention
Cinema Discusso
The Book Barn
No Music Discussion
The TV IV
Batman's Shameful Secret
ADTRW
Entertainment, Weakly
Rapidly Going Deaf
SA-Mart
Goon Meets
LAN: Your City Sucks - Regional Discussion
Questions, Comments, Suggestions? - Read the stickies first!
Comedy Goldmine
Comedy Gas Chamber

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

client posted:

the relocation of the old gbs posters to post your favorite happened because they refused to assimilate and was NOT GENOCIDE. plus now they've got their own land where they can practice their traditions of unfunny seriousposting without even being trolled! pretty unfair if you ask me!!

PYF was inhabited before old gbs decided to make it their new home. Their inhumanity to the displaced native pyf posters and preemptive aggression against the neighbouring subforums sympathetic to the natives has destabilised the entire forum. I'd go so far as to attribute some degree of blame to old gbs for the rise of extreme separatist off-sites like SS, whose propaganda openly encourages lonewolf shitposting in GBS.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Pet island just needs to go. Move the useful threads to Ask/Tell but burn the rest down.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
I'm going to tell the guys in the wrestling subforum that their hobby is a soap opera for tubby 9 year-old boys please have my back i may need to tag out

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Update: they have some bitchin folding chairs

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

What we need is some kind of larger organization where we can all get together and work for the common good. A league of forums, or perhaps the United Forums. GBS will maintain veto power, of course, and the freedom to completely disregard the resolutions of the United Forums if they don't align with our own interests.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

whoflungpoop posted:

I'm going to tell the guys in the wrestling subforum that their hobby is a soap opera for tubby 9 year-old boys please have my back i may need to tag out

You realize every conversation in the Inspect Your Gadgets threads always devolves to "which phone or tablet is best for viewing comics?"

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Hell Yeah posted:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

if gbs is so bad how come posters from every other forum post here like almost constantly? :dogbutton:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nathilus posted:

Qcs regulars should be holocausted.

no gbs sucks now and we should go back to posting with perfect grammar and furthermore

-a former mod that is banned from posting in gbs

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

hth posted:

no gbs sucks now and we should go back to posting with perfect grammar and furthermore

-a former mod that is banned from posting in gbs

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

EugeneJ posted:

You realize every conversation in the Inspect Your Gadgets threads always devolves to "which phone or tablet is best for viewing comics?"

Also which app is the best podcast/weather app

Hell Yeah posted:

if gbs is so bad how come posters from every other forum post here like almost constantly? :dogbutton:

Because nobody wants to admit to actually enjoy shitposting in GBS. Except me.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Wamdoodle posted:

Because nobody wants to admit to actually enjoy shitposting in GBS. Except me.

thanks a lot games forum poster but it was a rhetorical question and the answer is because GBS IS GOOD. Yes that's right, I've said it.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

whoflungpoop posted:

I have a folding table, four chairs, and some tasteful place settings.

I'll set it up and then you throw them through it.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I firmly believe that D&D posters want to destroy the sound of laughter because it offends them morally. I envy them because I've never been offended and I know it's a part of the human experience.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I don't hate PYFers I just think they should stay on their side of the bus!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Hell Yeah posted:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I firmly believe that D&D posters want to destroy the sound of laughter because it offends them morally. I envy them because I've never been offended and I know it's a part of the human experience.

Could somebody please tell me what if feels like to be offended? Pretend you're talking to Data, because that's pretty much me.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
im a lone wolf shitposter

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I have a folding table, four chairs, and some tasteful place settings.

I'll set it up and then you throw them through it.
cool lets get coked up and talk a bunch of poo poo to them first
:words: :hurr: :flipoff:

aww poo poo wrong place, we're in the soccer forum
ok ok we got this, just fall down so they probate someone else

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Could somebody please tell me what if feels like to be offended? Pretend you're talking to Data, because that's pretty much me.

how functional are you?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

AugmentedVision posted:

how functional are you?

I am programmed in multiple techniques.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Woops read that as YCS...maybe a twofer?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hell Yeah posted:

mutually assured constructive criticism

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

does YCS still exist :confused:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
i have duel citizenship with creative convention so I can flee GBS when trump gets elected

everybody leaves the art dorks alone

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Nigmaetcetera posted:

It's like being embarrassed for something taboo that another person does, but that's retarded, feeling bad for things other ppl do, and in recognizing your own retardation, it causes a sort of shame feedback, like an echo. That feedback is offense.

Or maybe someone says something that must not be said, and you hear it. When you hear it you comprehend and understand the forbidden thing. So it's like they've made you think the bad thought because it's now in your mind. So you use anger to get the bad thought out! Away forbidden thinking!! I am offendeeeed!!!

Ork of Fiction fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jul 11, 2016

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hell Yeah posted:

:yeah:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

d&d will never go away it is the most lucrative forum for red titles

imagine hundreds of disgruntled computor janitors spending half their workday cranking out arguments and the resulting wages on lovingly customized passive aggressive I DISAGREE notes

its monetized pedantry and its brilliant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

a hole-y ghost posted:

does YCS still exist :confused:

It's called C-SPAM now.

• Locked thread