Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Overdose is a gross hosed way to die thats not even close to going quietly into the night so no dude. If you're terminal youll get the hook ups from docs dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

zeldadude posted:

Hey everyone. Not sure if this is the place for this but it's the best I can think of.

A week or so ago my good friend and fellow goon Baconstyle passed away. He used to post in this thread and TCC in general a lot. Not sure if anyone really knew him but I figured I'd post anyways.

Really sucks because he had been clean from meth and heroin for over a year, was in a good spot, happy with his life.. and then he loving falls over, splits his head on concrete and dies a few days later. Like what the gently caress.

Should I request a ban for his account? How do I?

King Possum III posted:

Sorry for your loss, Zeldadude.

The fact that your buddy died clean and sober shows that it really is possible to recover from addiction and live a full, happy life without misusing drugs. As we all know, meth and heroin are both particularly tough to quit, and this speaks volumes about his courage and perseverance. I appreciate you sharing this.

If you want to request his account be closed, there's a link at the bottom of each SA page for "Support." I'm a newbie goon myself, but I'd say that's the way to go about it.

lol

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i hope when i pass out and drown in a motel a year after escaping decades of substance abuse that one of my old homies from the glue section of the forums writes a tribute to me and how i lived responsibly

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

hemophilia posted:

Overdose is a gross hosed way to die thats not even close to going quietly into the night so no dude. If you're terminal youll get the hook ups from docs dude

I didn't mean for deliberate overdosing, but for palliative care that's a bit better than what you'd get from a doctor. Serious post, it's not for me but my dad who just found out. I plan to recommend he starts smoking weed, the doctors have him on something like oxy i forget the brand name... He was (is?) an alcoholic who hasn't had a drink in 30+ years. but yeah, I'm honestly curious whether people who had been hooked once would go back to it if they knew they didn't have long to go anyway.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

his doctors will give him all the good poo poo anyway if he asks which is better than some street junk and weed depending on the strain might give him some anxiety so unless you grow or are in a state where it is legal that might be a bit problematic. maybe get a mushroom kit and give him a super low dose? supposedly that is good for coming to terms with impending death.

comedy option : give your dad some fuckin DMT

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i'm out of opiates after tonight and i look forward to a terrible week of restless legs and interminable boredom

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
lolling @ DMT

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

monkey posted:

I didn't mean for deliberate overdosing, but for palliative care that's a bit better than what you'd get from a doctor. Serious post, it's not for me but my dad who just found out. I plan to recommend he starts smoking weed, the doctors have him on something like oxy i forget the brand name... He was (is?) an alcoholic who hasn't had a drink in 30+ years. but yeah, I'm honestly curious whether people who had been hooked once would go back to it if they knew they didn't have long to go anyway.

i would, my plan for old age is to get addicted to narcotics til i die warm and prickly

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

hth posted:

i hope when i pass out and drown in a motel a year after escaping decades of substance abuse that one of my old homies from the glue section of the forums writes a tribute to me and how i lived responsibly

Would you go now if I promised you a flattering obit?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

What was the drug goons took that lead to amazing life-ruining week long blackouts?

Any good stories?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Frog Act posted:

i'm out of opiates after tonight and i look forward to a terrible week of restless legs and interminable boredom

My earlier post in the thread about Imodium AD / Loperamide was quite serious. Go back and read it if you end up being extremely uncomfortable and want to get the withdrawals to abate.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Frosted Flake posted:

What was the drug goons took that lead to amazing life-ruining week long blackouts?

Any good stories?

Ambien. Each time I'd get my scrip, I'd blank out immediately afterwards and awaken with 4 or so days having passed. Three times I ended up in the hospital, having, for some reason, decided during my memory-less high that I was needing ER care.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

It was phenazepam, aka joose.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

imho it's really fun for about two or three weeks then you start to feel like poo poo and stop and then you do them again just on occasion for a while then start the whole cycle again. It's aight.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

What's your favorite phenazepam story? I liked the one where the goon ordered the grand piano to be delivered to his apartment.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
That one where the dude blacked out and found that while on the joose he quit his job to become a viking.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Joose is great because it comes on really slowly over the course of hours, so everyone initially thinks they didn't take nearly enough. It's actually dosed in micrograms though, so you get people literally living out the DARE story of taking a drug once and waking up a week later fired, divorced, and homeless.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
My brother once Ambiened out and quit his job and tried suicide in a stupor. They let him have his job back/not quit because of the medical reasons. If you really do quit your job in a drug daze, might wanna try that angle.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
shoot heroin into your veins to be cool like me

edit: wait no dont
i sure am making lots of mistakes today

Psychotron 666
Apr 4, 2016
Oxycontin/Oxycodone will get you to a pretty chilled out, stress free place of bliss. But it slowed my breathing down to the point where it freaked me the gently caress out. I'd wake up and I'd find myself breathing so slowly I thought I'd end up suffocating or something. Stopped taking it for good after that.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

I watched that Swansea Teenage Heroin Epidemic doc the otherday and felt bad for pretty much everyone. Except for this part, which made me laugh my rear end off for a few minutes.

m8 its heroin

HEROIN

When something involves you squatting behind a dumpster banging a boiling brown sludge into your distended veins I think you are well past the moral ambiguity of it being a good or bad idea.

Your Moms Ahegao fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jul 14, 2016

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

dude youd be lucky to have distended veins as a heroin addict

or any

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

Psychotron 666 posted:

Oxycontin/Oxycodone will get you to a pretty chilled out, stress free place of bliss. But it slowed my breathing down to the point where it freaked me the gently caress out. I'd wake up and I'd find myself breathing so slowly I thought I'd end up suffocating or something. Stopped taking it for good after that.

embrass death pussy

Opie_Yates
Nov 30, 2010

Frog Act posted:

imo this isn't true, its just a much more mild rush. i've never shot anything (terrible fear of needles) but railing oxy/dilaudid is definitely better than eating a bunch of vicodin or drinking tea, but you still get a nice rush when orally imbibed stuff kicks in. especially with FST

someone clear something up for me: back in 2011 i tried a really strong narcotic three or four times. it was like 4x as strong as dilaudid and came in 20mg pills, with like 5mg being equivalent to 8mg dil / 40mg oxy or so, I can't for the life of me remember what it was. the pills were hexagonal, as i recall

The hexagonal pills are called Opana, and they loving rule.

I had a pretty serious IV habit for a long time. I'm ok now and have been on Suboxone maintenance and lots of therapy for about 6 years now. Lol when I finally quit, I found out that I had a nasty infection in the sack around my heart and I had to take antibiotics for a month to clear it up. According to my doctor, this type of infection is quite common with junkies. I can see why because toward the end of my using, I was getting very sloppy and doing things like using dirty works and sharpening syringes on the strikers from matchbooks. Also, the first time I OD'ed the first thought I had when they hit me with the Narcan was "You fuckers ruined my high!", not "thank god I'm still alive" like you might think.

Don't get addicted to opiates, it's literally a mental and physical prison is what I mean.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I've tried a few downers and never really liked any of them. Now coke and MDMA are hella fun and should be done by everyone

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

ahiwattamplifier posted:

I've had 3 surgeries in the span of about 6 weeks, and when I was administered anesthesia for the last one, I could feel this warm and tingly sensation running through my veins and by the time it reached my chest area, I felt like time had slowed down and every sound I heard sounded like when you turn a record player off while the needle is still on the record. The last thing I remember was saying 'thissss feels niiiiiiiiiiiissssssss' and waking up at the recovery room.
Two years later and I still wish I had another reason to go under anesthesia just so I could feel that again.

That's my experience with opiates op. I'd say just stick with smoking cannabis hth

that feeling couldve also been caused by the propofol that is used to induce anaesthesia in most cases

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

monkey posted:

Anyone who has been addicted to heroin, would you recommend it to someone who has untreatable cancer and 6-9 months to live?

100%

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

monkey posted:

Anyone who has been addicted to heroin, would you recommend it to someone who has untreatable cancer and 6-9 months to live?

this is THE ideal situation to become a junkie

it's my plan if i'm ever terminally ill

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
what if you have an untreatable terminal condition that leaves you with 0 to 70 years left to live?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
we all have to live our own lives zorodius, nobody can live them for us.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

My earlier post in the thread about Imodium AD / Loperamide was quite serious. Go back and read it if you end up being extremely uncomfortable and want to get the withdrawals to abate.

yeah i've got kratom and some poppy seed tea and some immodium to ride the initial stages out, and like three xanax. probably gonna do a lot of drinking in the next few weeks too, which sucks cus i don't like alcohol.

Opie_Yates posted:

I had a pretty serious IV habit for a long time. I'm ok now and have been on Suboxone maintenance and lots of therapy for about 6 years now. Lol when I finally quit, I found out that I had a nasty infection in the sack around my heart and I had to take antibiotics for a month to clear it up. According to my doctor, this type of infection is quite common with junkies. I can see why because toward the end of my using, I was getting very sloppy and doing things like using dirty works and sharpening syringes on the strikers from matchbooks. Also, the first time I OD'ed the first thought I had when they hit me with the Narcan was "You fuckers ruined my high!", not "thank god I'm still alive" like you might think.

Don't get addicted to opiates, it's literally a mental and physical prison is what I mean.

yeah thats what they were, opana. i did a whole one once and it was definitely the best opiate i'd ever, or have ever, done

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Opium is the scourge of the yellow man.
Weed is the scourge of the black man.
Alcohol is the scourge of the red man.
Meth is the scourge of the white man.

Moderate like the brown man, and live in the present for the people you're with. Life is suffering without balance, anyway.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

everyone itt should just do FST its a great way to spend $2000 in five months

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Is it true that some goon did heroin, passed out in a weird position, and then woke up to find his arm had been asleep for so long it was effectively dead and needed to be amputated? I've never seen the actual thread if it exists, people just occasionally mention it and then everyone emptyquotes "arm reduction" for 50 pages.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Skeleton Ape posted:

Is it true that some goon did heroin, passed out in a weird position, and then woke up to find his arm had been asleep for so long it was effectively dead and needed to be amputated? I've never seen the actual thread if it exists, people just occasionally mention it and then everyone emptyquotes "arm reduction" for 50 pages.

If I recall correctly the doctor wanted to amputate but the dude would only allow him to remove the dead tissue, leaving him with a floppy useless arm. That never made sense to me, why the hell would you pass up getting a sweet hook hand prosthesis in order to keep a dead little baby arm?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It sounds fake as Hell

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I have an injury and thanks to all the junkies and rec users I get read the riot act to get some loving norcos.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Opie_Yates posted:

good username buddy

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

tenspott posted:

I have an injury and thanks to all the junkies and rec users I get read the riot act to get some loving norcos.

Then it's truly an amazing coincidence that you somehow stumbled onto this thread.

Better stay vigilant; junkies will crack your head open just to steal your lunch money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

The Mentalizer posted:

If I recall correctly the doctor wanted to amputate but the dude would only allow him to remove the dead tissue, leaving him with a floppy useless arm. That never made sense to me, why the hell would you pass up getting a sweet hook hand prosthesis in order to keep a dead little baby arm?

Still some good veins in there bruh.

• Locked thread