Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Geezer death panel
Big fuckin' deal
Lemon Party
gently caress you, OP
drat you old as poo poo!
View Results

• Locked thread
dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
And I really don't give a gently caress about my lawn. Go ahead, get on my lawn.

So I know I'm not the oldest goon, but maybe I'm the oldest active goon. Ask your mom if you don't believe me. I used to have a birthday party on IRC when I was still doing the :catdrugs: thing. I'd get a couple sixers of good beer and smoke weed and link dadrock youtubes and bullshit with the yospos and ai and petisland kiddies for most of the night. I dunno if IRC is even still a thing. Anyways, I have a real job now and can't gently caress the whole day away so I'm gonna take a couple hours and do this poo poo instead.

Ask me about being old or whatever.

dee eight fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jul 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
happy birthday

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

you old fucker

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
do you remember the advent of air conditioning

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
How low are your balls?

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
Did you watch Halloween in the theater when it came out in 1978?

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
when was the last time you used a tv with UHF/VHF knobs

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
People laugh and go "eww old man balls!" but I don't thing low-hanging balls are a bad thing unless the rest of the package is gross.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
Happy birthday you magnificent old coot! :corsair:

I too am an old goon, but not cryptkeeper old like you.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Happy fuckin birthday ol man. I hope to gently caress I make it to sixty and not die of rear end cancer.

Also just checking: who's the current president?

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
do you have grandkids? if so, do you teach them the essentials like how to ride a horse and proper firearm safety? those are the two biggest things i remember about my childhood spent on the farm with my grandfather. that and watching westerns with him. the man who shot liberty valance always sticks out in my mind since there was that gene pitney song of the same title, and he also liked gene pitney

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Nation posted:

happy birthday

thanks

Nation posted:

you old fucker

up yours you little poo poo

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

do you remember the advent of air conditioning

Yeah, and before that, we just hung around near the slowly receding glaciers and watched the mammoths gently caress.

criscodisco posted:

How low are your balls?

'bout here. Again, ask your mom.

Dead Precedents posted:

Did you watch Halloween in the theater when it came out in 1978?

Nope. I perfer suspense to splatter.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Happy birthday , how are you celebrating?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
what job do you have?

i remember your cat story made me very sad

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
happy birthday and congrats on not being dead

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
if a 62-year-old version of you from the future appeared to you now with a desperate warning, what would it say?

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I am so glad that I am not the oldest goon. Happy birthday, and way to not die for yet another year! So far, you have traveled roughly 17,813,220,000 miles around the sun. Quite impressive. Keep up the good work!

I also noticed that there are a few brown spots in your lawn. You might have chinch bugs. You should check that out. I read on The Google that they are a real problem in some places, and you need to control them before they spread.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

I dunno, probably the late 70s early 80s. I actually have MY grandfathers old TV in the garage. I dunno if it still works, but it's in a solid maple cabinet and I think about taking the guts out of it and using it to grow weed in.

Wedemeyer posted:

Also just checking: who's the current president?

Some soul brother. But it's weird he don't have a 'fro.

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

do you have grandkids? if so, do you teach them the essentials like how to ride a horse and proper firearm safety? those are the two biggest things i remember about my childhood spent on the farm with my grandfather. that and watching westerns with him. the man who shot liberty valance always sticks out in my mind since there was that gene pitney song of the same title, and he also liked gene pitney

One grandson, not even a year old yet. I'm looking forward to teaching him every swearword I know and how to make explosives from common ingredients you can find in the kitchen. The gun stuff I'll leave to his mom. She's got a cc and plenty range time.

spud posted:

Happy birthday , how are you celebrating?

Pizza and beer. I'm out of weed :(

Paste
Aug 26, 2007

hi dee eight- you're a hero. Shucks I dunno, got any fun book suggestions? Glad to know ya.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

You're not suddenly going to out yourself as a pedophile like the last ancient goon are you?

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
How good was food in the 60s/70s?

Edit:

The Rage posted:

You're not suddenly going to out yourself as a pedophile like the last ancient goon are you?

Hahaha. :wtf:

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
what is your earliest memory

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Happy birthday!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Airborne Viking posted:

what job do you have?

i remember your cat story made me very sad

I'm a dental instrument sharpener. It's an okay gig, low stress, no heavy lifting, and I sit and grind little metal things and listen to music all day.

The cat story was probably the one about Dudley. I still think about him sometimes when I see a motorcycle go by.

Zorodius posted:

if a 62-year-old version of you from the future appeared to you now with a desperate warning, what would it say?

"Don't take the brown acid!" and I'd be like, yeah I know that.

genesplicer posted:

I am so glad that I am not the oldest goon. Happy birthday, and way to not die for yet another year! So far, you have traveled roughly 17,813,220,000 miles around the sun. Quite impressive. Keep up the good work!

I also noticed that there are a few brown spots in your lawn. You might have chinch bugs. You should check that out. I read on The Google that they are a real problem in some places, and you need to control them before they spread.

sup teach? Those brown spots are because I live in a house with 3 women and only 1 bathroom.

Paste posted:

hi dee eight- you're a hero. Shucks I dunno, got any fun book suggestions? Glad to know ya.

Thanks man. If you like sci-fi, try all the Retief stories by Keith Laumer. I laughed a lot at those.

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014
Anime?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

what was it like when they invented trains op??

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

were you scared when you first saw a flying machine?

Sperghetti
Apr 21, 2010

Happy birthday! I'm glad your grandkids turned on the computer for you so you could tell us about this momentous occasion!

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
HOLY SHIT I JUST WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT BIRDS IN CAGES. DID YOU KNOW PUTTING BIRDS IN CAGES MAKES YOU LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER? CAUSE IT DOES AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU KNOW. I ALSO WANT YOU TO KISS YOURSELF IF YOU EVER THINK ABOUT PUTTING A BIRD IN A CAGE.
Weed is a whole lot better than it used to be

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Happy birthday I wish you were my grandpa

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

I had a Rank Arena in my room until around 2002-3 when it finally died after 25 odd years of awesome service

and Happy Birthday op

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The goon old folks home is going to be really weird.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Happy birthday you fuckin oldy old guy who I dont know at all

heres to 61 more years of shitposting

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
HOLY SHIT I JUST WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT BIRDS IN CAGES. DID YOU KNOW PUTTING BIRDS IN CAGES MAKES YOU LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER? CAUSE IT DOES AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU KNOW. I ALSO WANT YOU TO KISS YOURSELF IF YOU EVER THINK ABOUT PUTTING A BIRD IN A CAGE.

Scaramouche posted:

Old folks homes in general are going to get weird.
Think MMDA LAN parties with metal pumped thru the p.a.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

are you wearing diapers yet

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

The Rage posted:

loving hell! My lower limit is like mid forties.

Dead Precedents posted:

How good was food in the 60s/70s?

Food is always good. I grew up near Pennsylvania Dutch country and ate good. Shnitz and nepp, scrapple, hog maw, purple pickled eggs....
My mom and grandma were both awesome cooks.

Totoro.

Nation posted:

what was it like when they invented trains op??

Again, ask your mom.

Nation posted:

were you scared when you first saw a flying machine?

When I was 10-ish, I could go to the local grass strip airport and pay three bux for a 15 min ride in a piper cub. The pilot was a friend of my dad's and he'd buzz dad's shop if I asked.

Sperghetti posted:

Happy birthday! I'm glad your grandkids turned on the computer for you so you could tell us about this momentous occasion!

gently caress you. I bought a brand new Vic 20 way back when and the kids had to beg me for a turn.

tardwrangler posted:

Weed is a whole lot better than it used to be

Yeah boy!

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Happy birthday I wish you were my grandpa

If wishes were fishes, the whole world would stink like an old whores convention.

Scaramouche posted:

Countin' on it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

happy birthday, oldgoon

if i can seriouspost for a few, i've always been fascinated by the Vietnam War. being that you were a teen towards the tail end of the war, could you tell me what the home front was like during that time?

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
How did you find out about this place and what drew you to it?

How early did you start using the internet?

Why the hell are you spending your birthday on the internet instead of seeing loved ones?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

what is your earliest memory

I was probably younger than 2 and I remember my dad holding me in front of a mirror and I can still see the big smile on his face when I pointed at his reflection and said 'dddzzzzt'.

A better memory is being 3 or 4 and standing up to point at a sprint car at the dirt track races and yelling "THAT'S MY DADDY!"

Y-Hat posted:

are you wearing diapers yet

only when mrs d8 wants to get weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
happy birthday! whats your favorite brand of drip coffee and how do you take it

• Locked thread