Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Drunk & Ugly posted:

i would cross the streams any day w/ you, a misanthrope

me love you long slime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
the ghost of a dong
cornered by egon
a butt slap long past
forgotten in the ebb and flow
of time, we go
our dongs and butts,

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

ArbitraryC posted:

It's kinda weird how on the internet the alt right is presented as some sort of internet cabal and yet they have by any objective metric the least influence and power over anything.

they sure have a lot of representation right here in gbs

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
this is me gobbling dongs, it wa supposed to go with my cool poem

http://i.imgur.com/KeSZmkO.gifv

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs
So are we allowed to not like this movie or what because i watched an ad on YouTube and it doesn't seem very funny.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Dubplate Fire posted:

So are we allowed to not like this movie or what because i watched an ad on YouTube and it doesn't seem very funny.

turns out you're a misogynist

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
I'm gonna torrent it later to watch with friends while drinking but I sure as poo poo am not gonna pay a penny for what looks like a late zeroes scooby doo movie

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Who would've thought a movie by an average director filled with average actors based on an average franchise would turn out to be average

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Zorodius posted:

feminists won the culture war and now men can't own property or go to school

Good.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
they dont trap the ghosts they just shoot them or punch them and the ghosts die

and dan ackroyd looks straight in the camera and says "i aint fraid of no ghost" then drives off

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

reallivedinosaur posted:

and dan ackroyd looks straight in the camera and says "i aint fraid of no ghost" then drives off

in the grimdark feminist future imprisonment has been replaced with summary execution by particle accelerator to the genitals

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
If I had to speculate I'd say there's no way they could realistically make a Ghostbusters remake or sequel that wouldn't be mediocre. The original cast are all too old, and anyone they cast instead would be compared to the original and deemed inferior. I suspect it'll be like the Robocop remake; not the worst of all time but not memorable. :shrug:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Kuato posted:

If I had to speculate I'd say there's no way they could realistically make a Ghostbusters remake or sequel that wouldn't be mediocre. The original cast are all too old, and anyone they cast instead would be compared to the original and deemed inferior. I suspect it'll be like the Robocop remake; not the worst of all time but not memorable. :shrug:

They already did a sequel with the original cast and it was mediocre, I don't know how anyone could possibly expect anything else from the franchise.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Movie is not bad but also not good. So the worst type of movie IMO.

This is a reasonable stance.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
What is this sjw remake that everyone keeps going on about

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

reallivedinosaur posted:

That's kinda bullshit.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Enfield posted:

i havnt really thought about it, probably because i dont give a poo poo

I agree with Volgin here.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

AugmentedVision posted:

What is this sjw remake that everyone keeps going on about

it has Crazy Eyes from Orange is the New Black in it, so it's good that she's getting other jobs I guess

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

City of Tampa posted:

it has Crazy Eyes from Orange is the New Black in it, so it's good that she's getting other jobs I guess

A female robocop? Does she still shoot men in the dick? Very symbolic

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
this new ghostbuster is a faithful remake in that it is very bad much like the original movies

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Cantaloupe posted:

this new ghostbuster is a faithful remake in that it is very bad much like the original movies

u monster

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

AugmentedVision posted:

A female robocop? Does she still shoot men in the dick? Very symbolic

a female robocop can do everything that male robocop can do plus she can give birth to baby robocops

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
But if her fetus is male she might abort it

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

AugmentedVision posted:

But if her fetus is male she might abort it

it would be one of those shots that's from robocops POV and you'd see a bunch of green numbers and poo poo scrolling by and suddenly it would stop and be like "MALE FETUS DETECTED - PURGE WOMB" and a little door between robocops legs would open up and shoot out a bunch of blood and mechanical parts

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I got tricked into watching Spy by all the reviewers afraid to criticize unfunny fatty Melisa McCarthy so I'm never going to see any other movie she is cast in.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
except when the female robocop has her emotional breakdown it just results in her sitting in her charging locker eating gallons of that nutritional paste instead of a badass violent rampage

78% on rotten tomatoes better than the original

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bluemillion posted:

Like, literally just put a single letter onto the title to differentiate this from the original. I don't even care how the movie is, just call it Ghostbusters: The Next Generation or some poo poo. Literally a single letter, anything.

Yeah this annoys me to no end. It makes finding stuff on the original Killer Instinct a huge pain in the rear end

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

notZaar posted:

I got tricked into watching Spy by all the reviewers afraid to criticize unfunny fatty Melisa McCarthy so I'm never going to see any other movie she is cast in.

I thought her "cruise ship injury" story scene in Bridesmaids was really funny.

Edit : this scene : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=747n6ypYbIQ

Identity Theft was very good and funny. All other ones I've seen her in were pretty bad though.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 14, 2016

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
My biggest issue with Spy was that the tone wasn't consistent. Some parts were silly as hell and then you had a scene were a guy's throat dissolves from drinking acid and another where an assassin gets a knife through her hand.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Hadaka Apron posted:

My biggest issue with Spy was that the tone wasn't consistent. Some parts were silly as hell and then you had a scene were a guy's throat dissolves from drinking acid and another where an assassin gets a knife through her hand.

this seems to have become a thing in the last few years where you have a mostly goofy comedy that out of nowhere hits you with some sort of gory scene that just feels really out of place. idgi

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

rezatahs posted:

this seems to have become a thing in the last few years where you have a mostly goofy comedy that out of nowhere hits you with some sort of gory scene that just feels really out of place. idgi

You can thank the Venture Brothers for that.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

reallivedinosaur posted:

IM THE HONKEY TONK MAN

im cool

im cocky

and im bad

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Applewhite posted:

That show rules

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Macasaurus posted:

i saw the first one a year ago because i wasnt allowed when i was a child and i dont get the obsession

maybe you had to see dan aykroyd get a ghost blowjob when you were a kid for you to like it

It, like this one apparently, is fine but not really that loving special

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

What in turdnations are you taking about?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Applewhite posted:

what

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I thought her "cruise ship injury" story scene in Bridesmaids was really funny.

Edit : this scene : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCWlcY_dldI

Identity Theft was very good and funny. All other ones I've seen her in were pretty bad though.

Bridesmaids was a pretty funny movie and I really enjoyed it when I saw it a long time ago.

I also had no idea that Slimer was a male. I always thought it was a genderless green blob ghost that eats a bunch. I knew it was intended to be the ghost of Belushi but I figured that wasn't canon or whatever. Apparently the new ghostbusters gives slimer a clone that has a wig and lipstick which means it's a woman.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Middling-rear end reviews count as "Fresh" so long as they're 50% and above. A cursory glance at the reviews reveals a lot of divided opinions and qualified recommendations. It's not just a Ghostbusters thing, it's a site-wide problem. If you really want to know whether you'll like it or not, ask your wife.

e: whoops I guess we have moved on.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Wow, the reviews on IMDB are really scathing and the movie has a 3.9 with 10k ratings now. And the median score on IMDB is a 1! Females on average scored it twice as high as males. In fact, females 18-29yo scored this movie higher than they did the original Ghostbusters!

Actually reading the reviews though, it's really hard to pick out who actually saw and is honestly reviewing the movie, vs. who is just using their review as a proxy in the gender war or whatever.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jul 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Pawn 17 posted:

Wow, the reviews on IMDB are really scathing and the movie has a 3.9 with 10k ratings. And the median score on IMDB is a 1! Females on average scored it twice as high as males. In fact, females 18-29yo scored this movie higher than they did the original Ghostbusters!

can't imagine why a 30-year old movie about 2 gay nerds doing gay nerd stuff and bill murray coercing sigourney weaver into dating/loving him while ghost happen would fail to resonate with today's YASS QUEEN generation.

• Locked thread