Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
That was pretty good reffin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Those were some vicious elbows.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

CommonShore posted:

Jojo just got a big win.

...at flyweight.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Sam Alvey rules

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
lol at Big John getting a bigger pop than either fighter

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

fatherdog posted:

Sam Alvey rules

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

Spicely has the heart of post drugs Filho

You're an idiot.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Alvey sounds like a really excited Weird Al.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

He did it on the show too. He looks like he doesn't care at all when he fights.

What's "it"? Constantly went for takedowns against the superior striker, then got caught in a submission that can seriously gently caress up your neck and trachea and tapped out?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I'm enjoying Sam Alvey trolling Bisping from a thousand miles away

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Eat Bum Zen posted:

i missed alvey, what did he dooo

Standing guillotined his opponent, then proclaimed his love for the state of South Dakota and his imminent child, called out the entirety of Europe, and then predicted that Dan Henderson is going to beat Bisping for the title and hold it till he's 60, whereupon he will lose it to Sam Alvey.

The latter caused Bisping to go in a minute-long tirade on the air afterwards, as a bonus.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Herb Dean ALSO getting a bigger pop than either fighter. Does South Dakota just really like referees or what

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Omoplata sweeps are awesome

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
This fight loving rules

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
It seems like Nguyen might be a slightly better grappler, but Smolka is a significantly better GnPer and as soon as he got a stable top position that made a big difference

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Eat Bum Zen posted:

can someone good at GnP tell me how smolka's was so effective? I can't figure out what he's doing better than all the lame ineffective GnPers that exist

Some of it was good posture, some of it was that he was very effectively pre-parrying Nguyen's hands to create openings, but another big part was that Nguyen spent way too much time leaving himself completely open while going for sweeps and subs

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I love K-taro and I love his late career resurgence.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
K-taro rules so much

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
They'r eright in front of John Laroquette

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
That might be the worst triangle attempt I've seen in the UFC in the last five years or so

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
lol at Samman's coach "Yes, Josh, go-No, Josh, don't jump like that"

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Boetsch seems like a chill guy but he went from training with Hume to training with Marcus Davis so he doesn't have good decision-making skills

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Vannata's head movement on defense is great. He kinda stops doing it when he goes on offense, but he's also lighting Ferg the gently caress up

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Holy loving poo poo

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Vannata's fighting up a weight class on short notice against a top 5 guy and he looks loving awesome. Dana better sign this dude to a long term deal on the loving spot

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Ferguson is an awesome fighter but my main takeaway from this match is I want to see more of Vannata, goddamn

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Unfunny Poster posted:

Does he normally fight at FW?

Yeah, he's the FW champ of some local promotion I think, he stepped in on like two week's notice because Michael Chiesa got injured

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Oh, hey, Sean Santella. He's one of Jim Miller's guys, and the first CFFC flyweight champ. I dunno if he's really ready for a guy like Reis, but it should be a drat good fight

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Holy gently caress, more brain cells are dying tonight here than in Flint

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Scrapez posted:

Mcdonald was stupid to trade after he was hurt but holy poo poo that owned.

I think whether it was stupid or not is academic because after that first shot he wasn't exactly in a sound decision-making state

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

-Atom- posted:

dodson vs. lineker make it happen

ooooh.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

double negative posted:

Pretty sure that would require Lineker to overcome his true archnemesis, the scale

No, Dodson's back at bantamweight, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Fluffdaddy posted:

Small sample size, but McDonald's posture in the stand up makes me question if he was supposed to be a good striker or not

He's pretty good, but also guys with his kind of firepower can get away with a lot.

• Locked thread