Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Playing around with a lovely swordcraft deck I built, wow those Quickbladers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Been getting into runecraft spellboost with a single copy of dimension shift and kinda liking it. Really do need either magic missiles or merlin in my initial hand to get things rolling through, but dimension shift is drat flexible with loads of stuff for win conditions. Got flame/glass or lucifer that can shave off about 14-17 health , or boosting the runecraft minions up.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Drakes posted:

Been getting into runecraft spellboost with a single copy of dimension shift and kinda liking it. Really do need either magic missiles or merlin in my initial hand to get things rolling through, but dimension shift is drat flexible with loads of stuff for win conditions. Got flame/glass or lucifer that can shave off about 14-17 health , or boosting the runecraft minions up.

From 19 health, after three dimension shifts in a row. I'm not mad, just impressed.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
DShift is a cancer. Worst card design in the game, as it encourages spending most of the game watching the opponent cycle through fancy spell effects every single turn.

It's the only matchup I will BM by taking my sweet time dealing lethal or spamming emotes. Get that crap out of my ladder.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 12, 2016

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

The absolute worst part of playing spell runecraft is how long each match takes and when you do win people ragequit their client like a bitch

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Sophism posted:

DShift is a cancer. Worst card design in the game, as it encourages spending most of the game watching the opponent cycle through fancy spell effects every single turn.

It's the only matchup I will BM by taking my sweet time dealing lethal or spamming emotes. Get that crap out of my ladder.

I'm guilty of enjoying messing with Dshift :v:, I find it nice playing through my deck after aggro, aggro, face , face in Hearthstone for a long while.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

As someone who pulled an early Crystalia Tia and has been fervently liquefying as many cards as possible to fill out a Forestcraft midrange, I don't feel I have it in me to be mad at other people.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Terper posted:

As someone who pulled an early Crystalia Tia and has been fervently liquefying as many cards as possible to fill out a Forestcraft midrange, I don't feel I have it in me to be mad at other people.

Midrange Forest is possibly the strongest deck around.

But you get to play the game even when losing to them.

DShift you get to watch them play the game even when you win.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is Shadowverse connected to my Mobage account?

Cause I already downloaded and installed the game, but it would be nice to reroll a few times cause opening up 25 packs is addicting.

Also cause I got a Fafnir and I don't really think Dragoncraft is for me.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Is Shadowverse connected to my Mobage account?

It's not connected to an account until you manually do it. You can reroll by deleting the game cache and restarting it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Schubalts posted:

It's not connected to an account until you manually do it. You can reroll by deleting the game cache and restarting it.

Ah, sweet, that's great news.

Gonna keep playing this game a bit more till I get the hang of it and then I'll decide if I wanna reroll.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Just had the stupidest arena game as shadowcraft against a face swordcraft after going 1-3 in arena

turn 4 dropped phantom dragon, a 4/1 follower that gains ambush if an allied follower dies, suicide someone to give it ambush
turn 5 evolved someone to suicide to give phantom dragon ambush after it hits their face
turn 6 evolved someone to suicide to give phantom dragon ambush after it hits their face
turn 7 dropped gabriel to boost phantom dragon's attack to 8, evolved it to boost it to 10, and then I hit their face
I win.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
As someone brand new to the game, what should be spending my gold on? Standard packs? Expansion packs? Pick Two?

Edit: I got Dark Angel Olivia from my starter packs, which seems to be my clutch card at the moment.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Clarste posted:

As someone brand new to the game, what should be spending my gold on? Standard packs? Expansion packs? Pick Two?

Edit: I got Dark Angel Olivia from my starter packs, which seems to be my clutch card at the moment.

Disregarding the story, achievement, score and mission rewards, I'd spend my gold on 1 Darkness Evolved pack for every 2 Standard packs.

This is because the card pool for Standard is four times the size and offers really important key cards for virtually any deck.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
After a buncha rerolling I think I'll stick with Lord of the Flies / Lucifer / like 1 more Legendary I forgot. Because Lord of the Flies seems awesome.

I think the max Legendaries I got in a reroll was like 5? I had Odin, Arch Summoner, Moon, Prince of Darkness, and like one more that I don't remember.

Another one had Bloody Mary, Queen Vampire, Pluto, and Enstatued Seraph.

Pluto also seemed like a fun card but the cost was too high.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

You can stick with that one if you want though only 3 legendaries is a bit low for a reroll account. Your bloody mary and queen vampire reroll is way better unless you don't like the bloodcraft style

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

You can stick with that one if you want though only 3 legendaries is a bit low for a reroll account. Your bloody mary and queen vampire reroll is way better unless you don't like the bloodcraft style

I'm probably gonna stick with this account until I get a bit more acquainted with the game and get an understanding on what cards are good, and then start rerolling for synergetic Legendaries. I know that D.A. Olivia so that's one to look out for. It's just that I'm really poo poo at these kind of games cause I always balk at the thought of losing my field - it's why I'm so bad at cards games - so something like Lord of the Flies, who brings out useful cards every turn, really appeals to me.

That said, my first account started with nothing but a Fafnir, so I'm not complaining about the number of Legendaries. Granted, more the better.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Welp got DAO from a 5 pack.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Got Sun Oracle with the 5 free packs and then got fairy princess and zirnitia with 2 packs

A/T How to be lucky but not that lucky at the same time

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I also have Sun Oracle. And Fairy Princess. But I also have DAO and Lucifer and Lord of the Flies and some others that I can't even remember, maybe they're good?

Anyway, I beat single player, by which I mean story mode and all the Elite practice AIs, and have suddenly lost a lot of a motivation. I had the most fun with an Earth Sigil Runecraft deck, for some odd reason. I hate playing Swordcraft with all my heart.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Clarste posted:

I also have Sun Oracle. And Fairy Princess. But I also have DAO and Lucifer and Lord of the Flies and some others that I can't even remember, maybe they're good?

Anyway, I beat single player, by which I mean story mode and all the Elite practice AIs, and have suddenly lost a lot of a motivation. I had the most fun with an Earth Sigil Runecraft deck, for some odd reason. I hate playing Swordcraft with all my heart.

Have you tried Arena? I personally was tempted to just keep playing indefinitely after the tickets ran out, but decided to splurge on the expansion packs instead. (Doesn't help that they reduced the rewards.)

But it's a good way to experiment with different crafts without needing to craft a proper deck.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I did Arena once, as Havencraft before I'd played them in Story, and got 3/5 wins somehow. I was considering that since I have all these tickets, but maybe it's too stressful for me.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I fired up this game the other day, after rerolling a few times for 2 Crystalia Tia's and bumbling around a bit with forestcraft in solo and ranked I decided to delve into arena.

5-0 with shadowcraft :smuggo:. Made some misplays, opponents made some dumb trades too, but I definitely enjoy how arena feels in this over hearthstone right now, possibly due to novelty and a smaller card pool to keep in mind. I outlasted my two swordcraft opponent and dragoncraft opponent and rushed down my two havencraft opponents.

can't wait to have a bad time with worse classes

Zoness fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Oct 17, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I tried Take Two, went 0-4, realized that I may not be cut out for PvP card games, and haven't touched it in a few days.

I think VS AI on my PS4 YGO game is the highest I can hope for.

My current reroll was my former one but amped up.

Lord of the Flies and DA Olivia like before, but also with 2 Rose Queens (1 Shiny), Lord Atomy, and the Dragoncraft card that summons a Dragon and then another one upon evolving.

Also think I had one more Legendary but I sold it and the 2 Rose Queens away cause I didn't see myself using them.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/788321678531047424
About time!

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Bout drat time.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I went swordcraft for my second take two and went 4-1. The one game I lost I got outcurved

basically take a lot of 2 drops is my advice for take 2

also is steam going to be linked to your mobile shadowverse game cuz if so :getin:

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Zoness posted:

I went swordcraft for my second take two and went 4-1. The one game I lost I got outcurved

basically take a lot of 2 drops is my advice for take 2

also is steam going to be linked to your mobile shadowverse game cuz if so :getin:

From what I understand you can link your mobile to one PC version of the game. So you can tie it to Steam, but if they release a version somewhere else, (Or if you were looking to tie it with the Japanese DMM version.) you won't be able to link it again.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Big hype

No really, definitely excited for the steam release.

This made remember the match I did last night where I killed a 10/10 evolved with a 2/1.

Definitely want to do that again on the big screen.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 18, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Sophism posted:

From what I understand you can link your mobile to one PC version of the game. So you can tie it to Steam, but if they release a version somewhere else, (Or if you were looking to tie it with the Japanese DMM version.) you won't be able to link it again.

what would be an upside or downside to linking to steam or this Japanese DMM version

(what is the Japanese DMM version)

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Dmm's a publisher

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Unless someone else wants to do it im gonna make a new thread with updated op later today

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
go for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

new thread
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794735
:getin:

• Locked thread