Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Going to the dentist tomorrow for the first time in a couple of years and obviously he's going to tell me I have gingivitis and need to floss more.

The last time I was there, the dentist had the balls to tell me he thinks I'm "brushing too hard" and it's bad for my gums, as he shredded my gums apart with a metal pick. Whose gums don't bleed when the dentist stabs at them?

My girlfriend flosses twice a day, every day, and the last time she went to the dentist he told her she had gingivitis.

How do you even avoid this poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You can't avoid it, our teeth are hosed because we love to eat terrible unnatural food so the best we can do is a long war of attrition against decay.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i stopped brushing my teeth altogether because i couldnt handle the "rat race"

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Enfield posted:

I took my teeth off the grid a few years ago as well and ive never looked back

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
My dentist thinks I'm really weird because I'm struggling to suppress a boner every time I visit her.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

You probably have bad tooth genes

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
lol you realize that you can floss and brush wrong ...like if you're brushing incorrectly or NOT for two minutes like you're supposed to!!

if you eat or drink a bunch of acidic stuff like it's not really gonna matter the plaque and stuff is already forming between brushes and flossing

also yes everybody probably has mild gingivitis but you don't want periodontal disease that's when you start losing teeth

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
back in the old days people just rubbed turpentine on their gums with a rag

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I knaw on a block of 2x4 during the day to keep my teeth from getting too long.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
honestly you can probably just chew some gum and be fine

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
my uncle died of a toothache in his heel. he used to comb his hair with a wagon wheel too. weird bird.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Enfield posted:

honestly you can probably just chew some gum and be fine

I chew pine resin like the native Americans did. I mouthwash with pine Sol like they did too.

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde
If your dentist recommended flossing for reduction of gingivitis, he's a poo poo dentist. There is no evidence supporting the efficacy of flossing for reduction of gingivitis related inflammation.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Enfield posted:

Did your teeth get melted?

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

My dentist says that flossing is like exercise for your gums. I have spent hours staring into his nose and counting his nose hairs

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I haven't been to the dentist in several years because he loving DIED.

Not going to some haunted dental clinic to be told a lot of bad news by some dipshit ghost now.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
i keep falling asleep before brushing and its loving my mouth up a bit, i need to use that ultra special awesome mouthwash more often too probably

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Um are you brushing though? Flossing isn't enough.

My gums don't bleed :)

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I don't

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
I got scared into daily flossing too, OP.

Also I got a bunch of cavities filled at the beginning of the year and now there's black spots growing up from around the filling in at least one molar, should this upset me?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
less sugar, tooth brush, mouth wash, tongue scraper, and a waterpik
tada good breath

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SHISHKABOB posted:

Did your teeth get melted?

what kind of stupid question is that

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Enfield posted:

what kind of stupid question is that

So did they get melted or not?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
gingivitis is made up by big floss

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I don't because I brush my teeth and use mouthwash twice a day so my teeth stay clean and not gross

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure it's just one of those made up things. "You have the gingavitus because you have gums and teeth in you" "You have herpes technically because you had chicken pox when you were a kid." Stuff like that.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
I brush and floss once a day in the morning. Never had a cavity. Never had gingivitis. You are gross.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Brush your teeth op

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Fun fact OP, if you practice proper dental hygiene your gums wont bleed at the dentist.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

You shouldn't floss more than once a day otherwise it's bad for your teeth.

Get a toothbrush with soft bristles so you don't eff up your gums.

Dentists have a high suicide rate and I like to keep my dentist happy and optimistic. Plus having good dental hygiene is a nice feeling.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

notZaar posted:

So did they get melted or not?

my teeth are in perfect condition and ive never had a cavity

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I don't think gingivitis will be an issue as I've had all my teeth surgically replaced with USB sticks.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i purchased a witches' brew that does wonders for my bones and organs

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Only ginger people can get gingivitis .

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
Everyone has different teeth and gums. The last time I went, the dentist didn't even tell me to floss more often. He actually said, "keep up the good work". I brush once a day and never floss. I just pick my teeth with a knife from time to time. I usually use my thumbnail to keep the plaque down.

Dentistry is a scam. My mother brushes her teeth 3 times a day and has had to have bone grafts due to horrific cavities. She never eats sweets. My father doesn't even brush his teeth at all (he does do the fingernail and knife thing). He has never has cavities.

My brother has several caps, and he is meticulous. I've only had a couple of pin prick cavities that were filled with no need for anesthetic. My grandfather had most of his teeth fall out on their own, though he took care of them. I'm pretty sure my grandmother never brushed her teeth a day in her life and she died at 100 years old with a full set.

Life is life. Fingernails and a pocket knife works the best. You can fold a piece of paper in a pinch if you need to scrape your teeth.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
your dad probably had more flouride in his water coming up

i used to not brush and my gums would ache when i exercised. i was a real 'rude tude cool dude'. but now i brush and floss and am a 'clean mean tooth-using machine'

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

At least Halitosis was made up by the Listerine company but you should brush your drat teeth.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i purchased a witches' brew that does wonders for my bones and organs

I had the Harlot's Spaghetti

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Is cum good or bad for your teeth

• Locked thread