Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
lmao if you have teeth yyou don't need that poo poo for soylent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

My gums bleed like a Japanese samurai flick but idgf

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

TheNightmanCum-eth posted:

Is cum good or bad for your teeth

Well teeth are bones and cum is boner juice. So that means cum is liquid bones. Sounds like it would be pretty good for teeth.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I don't know for sure but I think I read once that cum is slightly basic in order to counteract the strongly acidic juices of the female genitals.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Well teeth are bones and cum is boner juice. So that means cum is liquid bones. Sounds like it would be pretty good for teeth.

Well like any scientific study, we're going to need to test this hypothesis over and over and over.

I uh...I don't mind being the test subject, if no one else wants to do it.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
gingivitis isn't a real thing

ok bye tgread

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

A misanthrope posted:

gingivitis isn't a real thing

ok bye tgread

Showing my dentist this thread tomorrow morning. Will post pics when he suicides out of embarrassment.

I know his secret now.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Vodka kills all the bad germs for me.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
THESE
GUMS
DON'T
BLEED

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Mozi posted:

your dad probably had more flouride in his water coming up

i used to not brush and my gums would ache when i exercised. i was a real 'rude tude cool dude'. but now i brush and floss and am a 'clean mean tooth-using machine'

Yeah, but now you can't just bite an animal and have it die from infections ne more.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I think my old dentist was retarded. Told me at 23-24yo that I had a cavity in one of my molars, but would go ahead and do me a favor and clean my teeth that time but before he'd clean them again I'd need to address the cavity. Now, I'm 41 and still have never had any dental work other than cleanings and my wisdom teeth removed. I've had subsequent x-rays and nobody else has ever mentioned this mystery cavity. I just religiously brush them and rinse them with Mountain Dew everyday.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
i have been to the dentist 2 times, never had a cavity or whatever else happens to teeth. although im considering getting them whitened cause 10 years of coffee has taken a small toll and im not married yet . any adviice?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

srs tho listerine invented gingivitis as part of an ad campaign in like the 50s. they trying to scare your money off you op!!!!!!!!

edit: for real srs

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-medical-condition-invented-by-listerine-1682070561

(srs)

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

i have been to the dentist 2 times, never had a cavity or whatever else happens to teeth. although im considering getting them whitened cause 10 years of coffee has taken a small toll and im not married yet . any adviice?

I got a pair of custom trays made at a dentist but the whitening gel was pretty lackluster and I bought some stuff from Amazon or Ebay that was like 3 times the concentration. The trays do a nice job of keeping the gel in place and off the sides of your tongue which can be sensitive to the gel.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
ten years ago

my dentist: Okay Animal Mother, looking good, but you've got the veeery beginnings of periodontitis, so buy this expensive mouthwash and make sure to visit me every three months. Okay?

this year

another dentist: Okay Animal Mother, looking good, but you've got the veeeeeerrrrry beginnings of periodontitis, so buy this expensive mouthwash and make sure to visit me every three months. Okay?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Gaunab posted:

gingivitis is made up by big floss

the soda companies own and invented floss and mouthwash

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
just use a super soft toothbrush, soft dental picks and have good genes

it's not that hard

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I use these bad rear end motherfuckers and can't recommend them enough

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I have several broken teeth that are essentially craters with bleeding sores(root) in the middle, eating crackers and nuts isn't fun but I do it anyway. Recently a big chunk of another tooth just fell out and exposed a root, and while walking through the cold aisle at the grocery store, I double over in pain from that root being exposed to the air. I stopped shopping and went to the liquor store and killed half a bottle of gin. Brushed and flossed every day like a good little boy but apparently didn't brush enough. Likely looking at total tooth replacement at the cost of tens of thousands of dollars. Just scheduled a dental app a few days ago to tell them what my options are and yank out a few of the tender ones. Thankfully I found my baby momma so I don't have to worry about attracting a mate.

I'm 27 btw

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I've had one root canal that depleted my insurance and cost me $500 bucks out of pocket so lol gently caress that poo poo again. But I'm really looking forward to my persona and mental health doing a complete 180 having finally been relieved of constant pain- a rebirth really. Right now i feel like I'm teetering on the edge of a rampage all the time

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

interwhat posted:

I've had one root canal that depleted my insurance and cost me $500 bucks out of pocket so lol gently caress that poo poo again. But I'm really looking forward to my persona and mental health doing a complete 180 having finally been relieved of constant pain- a rebirth really. Right now i feel like I'm teetering on the edge of a rampage all the time

Real post: I was so poor in college. I cracked a tooth below the gum line (amphetamine-fueled teeth grinding) and couldn't afford a dentist so I just kept rubbing that Orajel poo poo on like that would stop it from feeling like someone was shoving a red-hot poker into my jaw every time I moved my face wrong.

Now I'm an adjunct professor at that very same college and I am still almost just as poor. America is the greatest country on earth.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Yea my poo poo is ground flat in the back, amphetamines also did not help :) God bless the usa

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Because using regular floss is too difficult apparently

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Going to the dentist tomorrow for the first time in a couple of years and obviously he's going to tell me I have gingivitis and need to floss more.

The last time I was there, the dentist had the balls to tell me he thinks I'm "brushing too hard" and it's bad for my gums, as he shredded my gums apart with a metal pick. Whose gums don't bleed when the dentist stabs at them?

My girlfriend flosses twice a day, every day, and the last time she went to the dentist he told her she had gingivitis.

How do you even avoid this poo poo?

the whole thing is a dentist scam, dentistry is basically a con job

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Sonny Lister, inventor of Listerine, never had gingivitis.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Alucard posted:

Sonny Lister, inventor of Listerine, never had gingivitis.

he had his gums surgically removed like some kind of cenobite. basically had a windchime in his mouth. true fact.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Thin Privilege posted:

Because using regular floss is too difficult apparently

How the gently caress else are you gonna get 3 strands of floss cleaning your loving teeth

.......yeah didn't think so :fuckoff:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

oh gently caress i was wrong earlier

Listerine made up HALITOSIS for an ad campaign. Not gingivitis.

realizing my mistake and that gingivitis is actually real, im scared to death :ohdear:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

dad gay. so what posted:

back in the old days people just rubbed turpentine on their gums with a rag

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

A misanthrope posted:

oh gently caress i was wrong earlier

Listerine made up HALITOSIS for an ad campaign. Not gingivitis.

realizing my mistake and that gingivitis is actually real, im scared to death :ohdear:

yeah and they had to make up halitosis because they couldnt make enough money telling women they were undesirable unless they squirted it up their cooter

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

nigga crab pollock posted:

yeah and they had to make up halitosis because they couldnt make enough money telling women they were undesirable unless they squirted it up their cooter

it's fascinating

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah...preying on the insecurities of women is "hilarious" :wtc:

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Gingivitis is pretty common but not everyone suffer from it. Brushing regularly helps alleviate gingivitis, but if you don't brush correctly and plaque remains on your teeth your gums will become inflamed.

https://youtu.be/LqCpZm6s_dE

Basically if you brush like in the vid above you're not supposed to have gingivitis, unless other factors are in play (mouth dryness, heavy smoking, drug abuse etc)

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Heading into the dentist shortly. I know goons are concerned for me and I will post details shortly. You are all my true friends.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

I think my old dentist was retarded. Told me at 23-24yo that I had a cavity in one of my molars, but would go ahead and do me a favor and clean my teeth that time but before he'd clean them again I'd need to address the cavity. Now, I'm 41 and still have never had any dental work other than cleanings and my wisdom teeth removed. I've had subsequent x-rays and nobody else has ever mentioned this mystery cavity. I just religiously brush them and rinse them with Mountain Dew everyday.

I got a lot of cavities filled when I visited the dentist regularly. I haven't been for 15 years and haven't gotten a single cavity. I'm honestly beginning to think they just make that poo poo up, or the damage the living hell out of your teeth when they are cleaning them.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

dad gay. so what posted:

my uncle died of a toothache in his heel. he used to comb his hair with a wagon wheel too. weird bird.

holy poo poo I post on the same drat forum as dan fuckin Tucker's nephew!!! :getout: the way

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Yeah we don't have enough plastic waste in the world, let's make a completely disposable one use product that's not even all that much more useful than regular floss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

King of Bees posted:

I chew pine resin like the native Americans did. I mouthwash with pine Sol like they did too.

I won't stand for this treatment of native Americans. They alone could drive the sales of Listerine forever.

• Locked thread