Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RME
Feb 20, 2012

monhun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

As in bows are bad before you can get the Toestrap one or just none are particularly standout?

the glavenus one is strong

RME
Feb 20, 2012

T.G. Xarbala posted:

On an unrelated topic I'm assuming it's possible to bring a Prowler to an MP Hunter hunt, right?

:evilbuddy:

its pawsible

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Crowetron posted:

What does Close Range Coating on Bows actually do? Does it just buff the big goofy arrow swing or is it like a buff to shooting stuff while being right up in its junk?

mkaes your critical/1.5x damage range include close to the monster

RME
Feb 20, 2012

RossCo posted:

Am I reading it correctly that the 5* Urgent is a Plesioth?

I'm pretty sure someone at Capcom is just having themselves a laugh with that, why would anyone ever want to fight one of those more than absolutely necessary!

thats the 4->5 urgent
5->6 has 2 urgents though

RME
Feb 20, 2012

RossCo posted:

Wonderful, can't have enough urgents.

(I actually don't mind them with the sole exception of Gogmazios in 4U. He can gargle a sack of nails).

Gogs like the only interesting bigmon fight in the series

RME
Feb 20, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

He's an ultrabitch to solo though. I had the best insect glaive attainable before beating him and every attack buff I could stack and I still finished with seconds to spare.

I do agree that he's probably the bext giant fight, though.

You'd hardly know he was the flagship monster in FU from playing it. You'd probably think it was Tigrex. They don't really put much emphasis on Narga.

I like Narga but it feels like he gets chumpier every game they put him in.

thats true of the flagships for the G/U expansions usually, with Seregios probably being the first to start to buck that trend
and its because theyre stapled on, and tigrex as the flagship of Freedom 2

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Rascyc posted:

Holy gently caress these weapon upgrades get expensive.

everything gets expensive

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

Is there an easy way to get a super good Cat?

you have someone give it to you

RME
Feb 20, 2012

ev is Raw*(chance to not crit) + raw*(chance to crit)*(crit multiplier)

RME
Feb 20, 2012

elemental damage is almost entirely flat, except for some charge moves having a multiplier, which is why high number of hits for them is good, it more about number of hits against a monsters resistance in that hitbox
lower number of hits for affinity means you're more suspect to variance

RME
Feb 20, 2012

lr cenetaur armor is good and not mentioned often, but razor sharp is good all game long (and really helps with some of the shittier sharpness early game weapons have) and critica eye is less of a offensive boost than AuL at this point but its a damage skill
ls doenst really demand any specific armor skills so you can just get good blademaster ones and/or wear armor that looks cool

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Fuzz posted:

I still can't believe they put Chameleos in this game but not Fatalis.

Chameleos/teo/kush are kind of a package deal tbh (and kirin too maybe)
Fatalis is more like Alatreon/Amatsumagatsuchi in terms of of kinds of fights

e; and luna is just Blue Teo but RIP her

RME
Feb 20, 2012

CommunityEdition posted:

If I learn a new, weapon-specific hunter art, is there a way to see what it was I just learned if I don't have that weapon equipped?

hit x to see All instead of equipable, and then just look for the New marker

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Tyty posted:

I mostly don't want to try and convince the people I play with to, even if they're much more experienced with monster hunter than I am, especially if it's for Fashion Hunter reasons.

I can take down a LR Rathian solo but it takes a while and she still hurts, so I'll wait. Thanks.

well, the sets very good anyways, if you want a reason other than fashion

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

As a rule with Bow do I want to be manually aiming for weak spots all the time or just shooting more or less as fast as possible?

Also, it's shot damage I'd want to reference on e.g. Kiranico, right, not impact or cut?

Im sure someone's answered, by aside from going for breaks where you obviously have to hti that spot specifically, you should be going for weak spots, you want to leverage all the multiplied damage on vulnerable parts of the monster
Shot zones are its own damage type, so while its usually the head (and its hard to go wrong with the head failing all else), you should check a chart anyways
try to get a feel to doing most of your aiming without having to use the aim mode, which is possible on more monsters than you might think, personally i like to only have to make a small adjustment once its aiming time

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Dreamy Souffle posted:

It's worth noting that while Sonic Bombs will very briefly stun Nargacuga, they also enrage it immediately after. So, they're good if you want that tail cut, but not so much if you're still getting the hang of the fight. I'd recommend, well, being patient and getting a feel for how it moves. Hang back if you gotta. :shobon: But also if it's not a capture quest it may not hurt to bring shock traps for safe damage, if you aren't already.

you dont need to cut in rage mode for Narga anymore, its been a while for that actually
but if you've already put a pitfall down the on demand rage is useful

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Rascyc posted:

Jesus so many end game armors have to be upgraded with the most annoying poo poo to lift their DEF values. Bring back the old system IMO

its the tradeoff for them being easier to craft in the first place generally

RME
Feb 20, 2012

they had save transferring for 3U so i doubt they would forget it this time
it could also just be the eventual MH5

RME
Feb 20, 2012

i have no clue what all the stuff i unlocked is
but i sure unlocked a lot of it

RME
Feb 20, 2012

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Is there going to be multiplayer in this Monster Hunter game?

1-4 drop in mp

RME
Feb 20, 2012

the stealth is weird but you can basically mess with initial aggro in monhun already, if you crouch walk while the monsters in suspicion mode
its not very useful

RME
Feb 20, 2012

arts made ls fun again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

the switch weapons mid hunt is goofy but maybe its useful now that more than 2 monsters can show up in a hunt and you can elect to stay in the zone after quest completion
ive wanted it occasionally before, just for hunt a sequence of monsters where i have different preferences but that probably amounts to single digit times overall

• Locked thread