Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I make a post then leave its like leave a penny take a penny but with posts also I don't really read everything because I am a retard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Professor Shark posted:

Nietzsche wouldn't say poo poo because in 2016 we have Brazzers and no one would see him or hear from him if he were transported to today

I dunno he had a pretty baller mustache and those are all the rage with the kids nowadays

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Congrats on starting your first philosophy class, op

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Drunk & Ugly posted:

seems to be a problematic matter, does anyone feel like sharing any words on the fact that none of us seem to care about any particular thing, or perhaps even give one or two fucks

Please step up to the podium and explain yosef thank you

i care. i care A LOT

im also real mad all the time

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

you know how people say "u mad"?

well very often yes i am mad

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Nothing truly matters unless you give a gently caress about it first, but everything is also terrible and awful, so in the end what can truly be all that bad..?
gently caress it dude, let's go bowling.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Nothing truly matters unless you give a gently caress about it first, but everything is also terrible and awful, so in the end what can truly be all that bad..?
gently caress it dude, let's go bowling.

Pretty much.

In my 20's I began to Care a Great Deal. I knew I had to fix the world. I had to. That feeling went into my early 30's, with mounting frustration that I couldn't change the world. Eventually there were kids and a family and a house and I realized I lived a pretty ordinary life, and really only had any kind of control in my 2500 square feet on 1 acre, and I realized I was living a pretty great life, so gently caress everything else. Let it go to hell if it wants to, I can't stop it. I'll just pay my taxes and pretend it is getting spent wisely, and I'll keep giving 5% to charity and pretend the people in charge aren't making 6 figures.

It's just fine to be an ordinary person. You actually have no control over anything. Accept it and be happy. Some may call that nihilism, but I can it an honest reality.

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED

A misanthrope posted:

you know how people say "u mad"?

well very often yes i am mad

What makes you mad

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

RoboFrance_29 posted:

What makes you mad

all of the things shown here:

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
QQ

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Zombie Boat posted:

Congrats on starting your first philosophy class, op

my class started with apology and on method and i didn't even finish it i was like that's enough and it was true.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hemophilia posted:

my class started with apology and on method and i didn't even finish it i was like that's enough and it was true.

lollin at people who pay money to take a class where some guy is paid to tell people how money and ecverything else is pointless

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
because nothing matters, it all matters imo

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

lollin at people who pay money to take a class where some guy is paid to tell people how money and ecverything else is pointless

The syllabus didnt have niezche or any nihilism. It was Plato Descartes Heidegger and something else i dont care or remember but the professor probably didn't have nihilism on his mind

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Robo Reagan posted:

:confused: You've already bought an account, though?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

hemophilia posted:

The syllabus didnt have niezche or any nihilism. It was Plato Descartes Heidegger and something else i dont care or remember but the professor probably didn't have nihilism on his mind

Heidegger was a nihilist though?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
not really

and even if he was so what there's still value in learning about nihilism even if you don't buy into it 100% (it's a stepping stone to existentialism for example)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

not really

and even if he was so what there's still value in learning about nihilism even if you don't buy into it 100% (it's a stepping stone to existentialism for example)

I'm not complaining. Nihilism is awesome and probably true.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
he was a nazi though

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the problem is that there are deeper meanings and you can't even escape that so idk lol

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

hemophilia posted:

the problem is that there are deeper meanings and you can't even escape that so idk lol

Oh yeah like what?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if there are any deeper meanings they are immaterial anyway because our dumb monkey brains would never be able to comprehend them

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
I ate sardines on crackers an hour ago and I enjoyed them but this thread reminds me that I'm not enjoying them NOW. My snack was such a fleeting pleasure :(

But I have really good deli turkey in the fridge and soon I will have a sandwich so I have pleasure to look forward to? I am confused about my feelings I guess.

E- I can't look at anyone's profile or rap sheet right now for some reason and I would like to do that. Today is full of crushing blows.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Drunk & Ugly posted:

seems to be a problematic matter, does anyone feel like sharing any words on the fact that none of us seem to care about any particular thing, or perhaps even give one or two fucks

Please step up to the podium and explain yosef thank you

It's "care fatigue" bro. Everyone want's you to make their problem your No.1 . Black lives matter, refugees, transgender bathrooms, some moral panic that springs up every 10 years. I'm all cared out. No more cares left. Everyone just complains about something

Why would you care about anything as long as you yourself aren't 100% self-actualized ?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

if there are any deeper meanings they are immaterial anyway because our dumb monkey brains would never be able to comprehend them

thats a terrible assumption

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Applewhite posted:

Oh yeah like what?

God is real souls are real hope this helps

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hemophilia posted:

thats a terrible assumption

lol life is meaningless and we're just specks of dust tumbling in an infinite void

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Decebal posted:

It's "care fatigue" bro. Everyone want's you to make their problem your No.1 . Black lives matter, refugees, transgender bathrooms, some moral panic that springs up every 10 years. I'm all cared out. No more cares left. Everyone just complains about something

Why would you care about anything as long as you yourself aren't 100% self-actualized ?

That's interesting. Imagine if everyone is born with exactly 1000 cares, and they kick in when you're 18, and over time you just have fewer and fewer cares to give, until you hit middle age and just stop giving a poo poo, your capacity to care is spent, because nothing ever changes, anyway.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

he was a nazi though

Applewhite posted:

I'm not complaining. Nazism is awesome and probably true.

Whoa that's a hosed up thing to say, Applewhite.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
a true nihilist wouldn't actually care about being a nihilist or upholding nihilist values imo

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

As a survivor of two major economic downturns I realize that the traditional markers for "making it" in adult hood no longer exist and there's very little to care about or strive for other than the avoidance of pain or a reduction in momentary comfort.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

bagual posted:

a true nihilist wouldn't actually care about being a nihilist or upholding nihilist values imo

why dont you be on the right side of history and trigger my problematic balls

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

A misanthrope posted:

all of the things shown here:

Was hoping this was going to zoom all the way down to a goatse. Was disappointed.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Wamdoodle posted:

Was hoping this was going to zoom all the way down to a goatse. Was disappointed.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Wamdoodle posted:

well i wasnt disappointed but now i am, thanks for ruining the universe again goatse

i mean its just never there when you need it

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
Turkey sandwich and iced coffee, feelin' feelin' good! You sad-sacks just need to take a chill pill. Bad things only happen to people who deserve them, y'all know that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Drunk & Ugly posted:

well i wasnt disappointed but now i am, thanks for ruining the universe again goatse

i mean its just never there when you need it

goatse will always be there, in ur heart. like that footprints in the sand thing but with less anal distension.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

People here judge me because I finger paint with my perfectly textured turds (because I eat fiber in my diet) and I don't think that's fair, because they're just jealous they only have diarrhea and their art just ends up looking forced, instead of natural like mine.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

G-III posted:

As a survivor of two major economic downturns I realize that the traditional markers for "making it" in adult hood no longer exist and there's very little to care about or strive for other than the avoidance of pain or a reduction in momentary comfort.

Glad to know Epicurus posts in GBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Unity Gain posted:

Yosef is a complicated guy. I don't think I could explain him in one post.

good job wasting everyones time idiot

• Locked thread