Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

robocop is poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Remember how Arthur got remade with Russell Brand. How did that not kill the concept of remakes.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I never saw the movie Robocop until I was an adult, but the fact that poo poo was targeted at kids with toys, guns, cartoons, 8 speed blenders etc. was kind of ridiculous for a pretty drat dark movie.

e: For the record, Robocop kicks the poo poo out of Ghostbusters so hard Bill Murray just pooped his pants.

Things were different back then. There were a load of Rambo toys, Predator, Terminator, all sorts of not-kid-friendly franchises got toys. And not the way they do today with companies making "adult collectable figures." This was proper kiddy, five points of articulation with launching missiles stuff.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

vols bitch posted:

yeah i never saw it either and idgaf

how did you join these assholes in 2002, but never seen Ghostbusters.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Germstore posted:

Jennifer Love Hewitt and Patricia Arquette are the only ladies who should be bustin ghosts.

More like Demi Moore right

Bustin ghost nuts

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Bustin ghost nuts

Gonna ad Chrisma Carpenter to that. She made on work for her

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I'm utterly amazed at how much I'm judging everyone hardcore based their responses to this OP.

Furthermore OP is a damned dirty liar. Look at that avatar-username combo, and tell me he ain't never busted a ghost :hb::ghost::hellyeah:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Bustin ghost nuts

bustin makes me feel good

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i didnt watch star wars growing up. never saw it once, and i didnt have any desire to because the most annoying sperglord kid in class would never shut up about it. so finally episode 1 comes out when I'm in high school and I think okay fine, let's see what the big loving deal about star wars is, so I went to see it wtih some friends and jesus christ what a bad movie. I still dont get what the big deal is behind star wars it just seems like a bunch of dumb nonsense

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Junk posted:

i didnt watch star wars growing up. never saw it once, and i didnt have any desire to because the most annoying sperglord kid in class would never shut up about it. so finally episode 1 comes out when I'm in high school and I think okay fine, let's see what the big loving deal about star wars is, so I went to see it wtih some friends and jesus christ what a bad movie. I still dont get what the big deal is behind star wars it just seems like a bunch of dumb nonsense

wrong thread boss

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

robocop is poo poo
Get the gently caress out.

Junk posted:

You might want to try watching A New Hope some time, rather than basing your opinion on a movie that even most Star Wars fans agree was loving awful. Or don't, it's not like this is important. But the original trilogy was pretty good and it'd be a shame to miss out on that because of Lucas's later poo poo.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
lots of loving pathetic, lovely people in this thread

harold ramis is a genius and you all besmirch his memory

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

reboots are bad when they reboot good movies but they're fine when they reboot lovely movies like robocop

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Claven666 posted:

lots of loving pathetic, lovely people in this thread

harold ramis is a genius and you all besmirch his memory

he wrote the video game. It was in the intro credits.

Its a pretty cool game

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

reboots or remakes can be good when they show an appreciation for the source material and bring something new to the table, like Dredd or uh...

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Thanks for ripping off my original concept OP

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3777342

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong

Drink Cheerwine posted:

ive nver watched a rocky movie and never intend to :shrug:

It's important to know how the Cold War was won.

E: Rocky IV

Merlot Brougham fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 14, 2016

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Germstore posted:

reboots or remakes can be good when they show an appreciation for the source material and bring something new to the table, like Dredd or uh...

Addams Family and Brady Bunch had decent movies, at least compared to the source material. Fury Road is almost a remake of Road Warrior so I'm gonna count it because it's really hard to think of any others.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_XD9d4DCA8

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If you haven't seen the first Rocky movie go watch it and then report back to me if it was worth your time or not I'm betting it will be Rocky is a pretty good movie.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I rewatched GB yesterday and it's not that good really. There's a few chuckles and Dan Akroyd is great but that's about it.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Merlot Brougham posted:

It's important to know how the Cold War was won.

E: Rocky IV

It really bugs me when my older relatives claim Reagan's tear down this wall speech ended the Cold War when it completely disregards how many logs Sylvester Stallone had to drag through the snow to actually get that poo poo done.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
loving goons

this loving thread

loving goons

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
I wanted He-Man.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i never saw jurassic park or austin powers either

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how did you join these assholes in 2002, but never seen Ghostbusters.

i heard about the big gay community

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Junk posted:

i never saw jurassic park or austin powers either

Good, keep it that way. They're poo poo.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

i looked at the trap, ray

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A misanthrope posted:

loving goons

this loving thread

loving goons

eat my rear end, you gently caress man (you're a good poster)

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Germstore posted:

eat my rear end, you gently caress man (you're a good poster)

dunk a dill pickle, realdo! (i like you and i'm sorry)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Watch the new one the reviewers are telling me its better then the old one.

• Locked thread