Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Anyone going to the live show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
If I lived in Pennsylvania I would

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
I'm going

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

emdash posted:

it was in the mailbag at the tail end of ep 24, see top of this page

I'm pretty sure I got expertly trolled on that one.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Oh hey, MurderBryan got a new microphone for this. Or at least his recording apparatus seems a bit less lovely.

Anyways, Chapo La Musica Vibro, Murderfight Y Ella Nos Unió.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
google books has the Adorno essay referenced by Matt in today's episode, in case anyone else got curious about it: https://books.google.com/books?id=v96JAgAAQBAJ&pg=PA170&lpg=PA170#v=onepage&q&f=false

e: ugh it's missing one or two pages. seems like it's reproduced in full here https://istifhane.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/starsdowntoearth.pdf

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Under the vegetable posted:

cum town is good and they were doing a bit and loving with david cross and it was good.

It was really, really bad. Someone recommended me this episode and I felt embarrassed for all parties.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
im sorry about your sense of humor. may i recommend the mcelroy brothers

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Will and Matt's Alex Jones voices are fuckin hilarious.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Under the vegetable posted:

im sorry about your sense of humor. may i recommend the mcelroy brothers

So which of the three boys are you?

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
i'm the puerto rican rattlesnake

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
im anthony cumia.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm Dr. Evil

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

So which of the three boys are you?

Probably one of the two that didn't have headphones and couldn't hear what David was saying... Or didn't have mics and couldn't talk to David without a 5 second delay in the convo. I forget what the situation was because I was feeling so bad for David. Just trying to save the hosts by throwing them a life jacket in form of the Tech Support bit while one host talked about cell towers.

Chapo Trap House is pretty good though.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Don't know why they don't approve of Baileys Cereal, the Reince special

Mayor Dave posted:

i ate a thing

off-brand of course, without trump's money the rnc can't afford the real poo poo

i;m starting to cry uncontrollably

*extremely reince voice*

this is fine, this tastes fine

trip report: it was not fine, i now feel as bad as priebus looks

had to make sure to finish the "milk" at the bottom, pic is now as blurry as the future for the gop

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Probably one of the two that didn't have headphones and couldn't hear what David was saying... Or didn't have mics and couldn't talk to David without a 5 second delay in the convo. I forget what the situation was because I was feeling so bad for David. Just trying to save the hosts by throwing them a life jacket in form of the Tech Support bit while one host talked about cell towers.

Chapo Trap House is pretty good though.

it was a bit.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
As far as podcasts recommended by this thread go

- Cum Town: sucks
- Delete Your Account: really loving boring
- The Scumbag! Good poo poo
- This is Hell: Pretty good poo poo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
mods change my name to charlie the 9/11 retard

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
The Digcast is also pretty good

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
I hope they do less "interviews" in the future (as in separately recorded segments), and instead just bring a guest on for the full episode. This works much better in the podcast format, IMO. The latest episode was pretty good for that reason.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Cum Town is a funny podcast.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

i don't think the scumbag podcast is good y'all. the british guy kinda sucks and i feel like he's a dummy

well thats my post

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
scumbag has limited moments for me

In the last episode, Felix talked about wishing for death for an instant over trivial things, which I can relate to :unsmith:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Thom and the Heads posted:

i don't think the scumbag podcast is good y'all. the british guy kinda sucks and i feel like he's a dummy

well thats my post

Ed is kind of a dummy but Scumbag lets us see(hear, rather) Felix's more tender, soft-spoken side, and I like that.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

I Before E posted:

Ed is kind of a dummy but Scumbag lets us see(hear, rather) Felix's more tender, soft-spoken side, and I like that.

No, it's the Digcast that lets us hear Felix's more tender, soft-spoken side.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

This show makes me want to start a podcast with my friends since we're all raging liberals living in loving Mississippi.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Civilized Fishbot posted:

No, it's the Digcast that lets us hear Felix's more tender, soft-spoken side.

I prefer to keep kayfabe, thank you very much.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

fatherboxx posted:

Don't know why they don't approve of Baileys Cereal, the Reince special

That bugged me because I thought Reince's "baileys in my cereal" comment was a really well-known line and joke but none of them seemed to recognize it and just ragged on those dastardly Democrats for being drunks.

The whole RNC episode was a little tiresome for the straining to not sound like every other left-of-center outlet, like Matt wanting to point out the obvious that Trump's speech was obliquely fascist but having to preface it three times that he hadn't thought of Trump as fascist up to that point so he wasn't being hyperbolic like all those other commentators. Going hard after people who critiqued the whole Melania plagiarism story was also a little eye-rolling, you don't need to go to sexual pathology to understand why embarrassingly sloppy speech editing might reflect poorly on a political campaign.

It was still pretty good and I loved the Carson opening, but I suspect the DNC episode will have even more posturing.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Literally The Worst posted:

mods change my name to charlie the 9/11 retard

My family got owned on 9/11

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
If you don't find the David Cross Cumtown funny that fail is all on u

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dolash posted:

That bugged me because I thought Reince's "baileys in my cereal" comment was a really well-known line and joke but none of them seemed to recognize it and just ragged on those dastardly Democrats for being drunks.

The whole RNC episode was a little tiresome for the straining to not sound like every other left-of-center outlet, like Matt wanting to point out the obvious that Trump's speech was obliquely fascist but having to preface it three times that he hadn't thought of Trump as fascist up to that point so he wasn't being hyperbolic like all those other commentators. Going hard after people who critiqued the whole Melania plagiarism story was also a little eye-rolling, you don't need to go to sexual pathology to understand why embarrassingly sloppy speech editing might reflect poorly on a political campaign.

It was still pretty good and I loved the Carson opening, but I suspect the DNC episode will have even more posturing.

The lovely democrat engagement ideas cracked me up, especially since two of them were duplicates and I think three of them were basically just "drink"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

i figured out why cum town isn't funny to me. i'm not a 34 year old burnout who hasdone drugs consistently since the age of 14 when i started huffing spray paint.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Dolash posted:

The whole RNC episode was a little tiresome for the straining to not sound like every other left-of-center outlet, like Matt wanting to point out the obvious that Trump's speech was obliquely fascist but having to preface it three times that he hadn't thought of Trump as fascist up to that point so he wasn't being hyperbolic like all those other commentators.

I get your point, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, since everyone was getting their panties in a twist and it could feel overly dramatic to people. I thought it was a bit much until the San Bernardino shooting caused the muslim ban policy.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

i figured out why cum town isn't funny to me. i'm not a 34 year old burnout who hasdone drugs consistently since the age of 14 when i started huffing spray paint.

nice humblebrag

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Regular Nintendo posted:

The lovely democrat engagement ideas cracked me up, especially since two of them were duplicates and I think three of them were basically just "drink"

Yeah to be fair missing the Baileys reference was small potatoes compared to the baloney line, that cracked me up.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

shut up bitch

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

PostNouveau posted:

- The Scumbag! Good poo poo

Proposal: A podcast dedicated to pointing out and making fun of incredibly weird people on the internet.

Execution: 90 minutes of calling people sheep salmon for being sad when an actor dies.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Nah, they somewhat elaborate without being dismissive of those feelings. I have some bones to pick about both CTH and Scumbag, but being dismissive of others' emotions certainly is not a thing.

Wanna see the prep of the live show? Peep this Periscope by Cushbomb! Dog petting was involved.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

ur avatar is real bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

lots of baseball cranks in here