Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
The poor audio quality causes a rawness that stimulates the Gorilla Mindset in such a way that it becomes more susceptible to propaganda.

Most don't know this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Having to crank the volume up every time Matt says something because he sounds like he's in a well and then immediately lowering it before Will blows my speakers is annoying. It gets even worse if their guest is quiet. Fixing that should be at the top of the Chapo to do list imo

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Yeah I feel old and cranky saying this but it's seriously not that hard to record a listenable podcast, even if they're not all in the same room. Take some of that patreon cash and spend $100 each for a mic and 5-10 mins getting levels right please thank you

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
Have any of you tried forcing the sound into mono (iPhone settings under accessibility)? I found that it helps. Part of the problem is that they do some weird panning of each voice, particularly when there's a guest on.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Or they could just buy new mics and a nicer setup with the first 12k they get. Jesus Christ

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The real purpose of Cum Town is as a psyop to make Chapo sound well produced. The crew is learning some tricks from their CIA handlers.

Also, congrats to Felix for making it onto Zizek's enemies list
http://thephilosophicalsalon.com/reply-to-my-critics-part-two/

A man who has not embraced the Gorilla Mindset

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
The episode wasn't that hard to listen to guys, yeesh

quote:

The Slovenian Marxist philosopher and cultural critic is one of the most distinguished thinkers of our time. Žižek achieved international recognition as a social theorist after the 1989 publication of his first book in English, "The Sublime Object of Ideology“. He is a regular contributor to newspapers like “The Guardian”, “Die Zeit” or "The New York Times“.He has been labelled by some the "Elvis of cultural theory“ and is the subject of numerous documentaries and books.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

The real purpose of Cum Town is as a psyop to make Chapo sound well produced. The crew is learning some tricks from their CIA handlers.

Also, congrats to Felix for making it onto Zizek's enemies list
http://thephilosophicalsalon.com/reply-to-my-critics-part-two/

A man who has not embraced the Gorilla Mindset

Can anyone link me to Felix's annotations? I'm far too lazy to hunt for it.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

http://genius.it/10189922/thephilosophicalsalon.com/the-sexual-is-political
Annotations

A reminder that Zizek is basically a goon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA60L_NQYm0

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Trabisnikof posted:

Can anyone link me to Felix's annotations? I'm far too lazy to hunt for it.

http://genius.it/10189922/thephilosophicalsalon.com/the-sexual-is-political

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Thanks yall, I'm well familiar with Zizek's amazing gooniness, although more in the cassock rape jokes and toilet monographs style and hadn't payed attention to this bizarre nitpick over Lacan that he's currently throwing as a justification for apparently Rick Santorum levels of tirades

Trabisnikof fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 14, 2016

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
that was a lot of words for zizek to say "maybe we should have a third catch-all bathroom because there are a lot of different gender identities that dont easily fit into male and female"

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Under the vegetable posted:

that was a lot of words for zizek to say "maybe we should have a third catch-all bathroom because there are a lot of different gender identities that dont easily fit into male and female"

And also somehow take a side trip through "God drat recycling why you so hard" and "trans will lead to people marrying 7 dogs"

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Under the vegetable posted:

that was a lot of words for zizek

That's the only amount of words for zizek

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
That was not a pelt I was expecting them to collect. drat.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Trabisnikof posted:

And also somehow take a side trip through "God drat recycling why you so hard" and "trans will lead to people marrying 7 dogs"

and "sometimes i stand in front of the bathrooms for like an hour because i feel like im not a man, everyone does this right? please confirm"

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Genius annotations are honestly so important such an amazing way to gently caress with pundits on a level they deserve

ZAVOJ SLIZEK

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Chapo Suicide Squad episode did not mention Benghazi or the fact that Deadshot and Flagg play out the Hip Hop diva/9 to 5 quarterback sports radio dichotomy, 2/5

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/gerardditrolio/status/765046316204494848

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I couldn't finish this episode, it was too dark and twisted for me.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

This was the first episode I didnt really like. Felix writes an article and they spend the episode hashing over the thing I read last week. The Vietnam allegory was kind of fun, then they drew it out with the Iraq war and it died. Meh.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ron Jeremy posted:

This was the first episode I didnt really like. Felix writes an article and they spend the episode hashing over the thing I read last week. The Vietnam allegory was kind of fun, then they drew it out with the Iraq war and it died. Meh.

Honestly yeah, it was a disappointment. We'll always have Justice and Development, though.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I Before E posted:

Honestly yeah, it was a disappointment. We'll always have Justice and Development, though.

I thought this was one of the best episodes yet. Up there with Fournier, Douthat 2, and MMA.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Corek posted:

I thought this was one of the best episodes yet. Up there with Fournier, Douthat 2, and MMA.

Maybe I'm just biased because I actually liked the movie.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Ron Jeremy posted:

Chapo works best when they can go deep into a single idea or train of thought, and there was way too much in Suicide Squad to analyze and riff on.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
The soundtrack was the worst part of the movie by a mile. If I were twenty years younger I'd think this movie was loving lame just based on that.

e: I would've prefered a Suicide Squad hiphop track from Will Smith rather than hearing Sympathy for the Devil when we meet the Joker

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CortezFantastic posted:

The soundtrack was the worst part of the movie by a mile. If I were twenty years younger I'd think this movie was loving lame just based on that.

e: I would've prefered a Suicide Squad hiphop track from Will Smith rather than hearing Sympathy for the Devil when we meet the Joker

That's not what we hear when we meet The Joker, it's played over Superman's funeral and Waller's introduction.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

lmao that jared leto interview bit in audio is almost as cringeworthy as Raw Boss Ross friendzone adventures
the PUA dad reading of Joker is heavily supported by the fact that Jared Leto is goddamn 44 years old

I think they do best on movie stuff when they go out there to determine incel/volcel status of characters or make up insane analogies, instead of boilerplate "boy they really edited a lot of that movie" or "zack snyder doesn't like superman" stuff you can find on every piece of poo poo movie reddit/podcast/geekcumscoops.com. But eh there are 1,5 hours of podcast to fill.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
First episode of Frost/Christman is out on the Chapo feed now. It's a movie podcast with Matt from Chapo and Amber A'Lee Frost

fatherboxx posted:

the PUA dad reading of Joker is heavily supported by the fact that Jared Leto is goddamn 44 years old

haahah did not realize this. Saw an interesting tweet re: Leto yesterday . . .

https://twitter.com/Arr/status/763987494857691136

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

emdash posted:

First episode of Frost/Christman is out on the Chapo feed now. It's a movie podcast with Matt from Chapo and Amber A'Lee Frost

haahah did not realize this. Saw an interesting tweet re: Leto yesterday . . .

https://twitter.com/Arr/status/763987494857691136

I grew up with a single mom and food stamps. Yeah he's repeating a line, but gently caress that line needs to be repeated. When "food stamp president" is used a slur, we need celebrities and anybody else with a mic in front of them to normalize their experience and validate that loving struggle. I sure as hell needed to be told as a kid that it was going to be alright, that you can climb out of this.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Ron Jeremy posted:

I grew up with a single mom and food stamps. Yeah he's repeating a line, but gently caress that line needs to be repeated. When "food stamp president" is used a slur, we need celebrities and anybody else with a mic in front of them to normalize their experience and validate that loving struggle. I sure as hell needed to be told as a kid that it was going to be alright, that you can climb out of this.

No doubt, food stamps are a huge net social/economic positive and completely unfairly stigmatized. It's just funny how it morphs over time. I imagine him giving those interviews like Bojack Horseman in s3e1, probably just bored to death of saying the same poo poo over and over

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ron Jeremy posted:

yea considering his actual douche moments include harassing other actors under the guise of 'being in character' and maybe being sexually abusive to young fans I'm not gonna pretend 'famous man reminds major media outlets that he comes from a background that would be mocked and sneered at if he wasn't famous' is on the list. Leto sucks but if he wants to go all dollar store Mark Twain about his actual background whatever.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

the first ep of Frost/Christman was great but holy poo poo that audio

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Cornflakes posted:

Yeah I enjoyed it for the most part. A little rough in the beginning with the audio quality and the talking over each other. Also, maybe both people need to have seen the movie they're discussing?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The Trap House is for the children.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cornflakes posted:

It's like they've heard the complaints, and have decided to double down on the terrible audio to troll people.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

GalacticAcid posted:

The Trap House is for the children.

I like the Bruenigs more because the most insufferable, lovely people despise them.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Literally posted:

I like the Bruenigs more because the most insufferable, lovely people despise them.

I love them. Matt's writing at Demos was so good, and Elizabeth was the highlight of The New Republic while she was there (I let my sub lapse after she left).

It's crazy how frequently I see Matt's charts pop up online considering how under-the-radar he's flown since the BaTanden Death March.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Parallax View really is All The President's Men as a Dukes Of Hazzard episode. In addition to the great car chase there's a killer bar fight and a struggle in a river.

The situation with the audio has become dangerous and unacceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Anybody watch that live show on Vimeo?