Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

As someone who has only listened to a few episodes of Chapo but absolutely loved the Brazile one (also listened to them dunking on Verrit and the righteous outrage at the article about the London apartment fire), do people have some recommendations for others which match that feel? I know the OP has popular episodes, but those are all pre-election and I'd be interested to see the high points for the past year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Grammar-Bolshevik posted:

https://twitter.com/petermorency/status/950760958854615040

Thought I'd give the SA idpol types the opportunity to get amber kicked out of the dsa or whatever because she can't use email properly or something.

Also for your convenience:
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/purple-hair-dye-permanent

"An earlier version of this statement"

Lol retard committee can't even craft a statement properly

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

God bless the cumboy who is a booker on this network.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Amber is the greatest chapo. Mostly because she pisses off all the worst people on the internet.

Her saying "the only true song parodies are about being gay with your dad" a smattering of cheers was great.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Ron Jeremy posted:

But they were hardly universal and there were many more actual decent human beings. So many more that I think we should put the caricature to bed.

To quote a great man: nooooooooo, gently caress no, dude.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Uranium posted:

i love marble columns, those classy architectural elements

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/marble-columns/n12141

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I mean you're right but also that has no bearing on Wangs point lol.

It's kind dumb in a not funny way that they waste time and space publishing interviews with the weirdo Bank Lord Admiral who wants to nuke China.

You’re right they should have called him out for his bad opinions and taken him to task. You know, the literal exact opposite what they said their goal was in the Iowa AirBnB episode.

When some lovely magazine gives Marianne Williams a platform to spew her views about how vaccines kill or whatever, you can have a debate about platforming. When Chapo does and interview when they preface it weeks earlier (and likely after) with “this guy is loving nuts you should make memes about him” it’s not the time to serious post “are they BAD for letting him espouse his views?”.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

big boi posted:

This MadJackal guy is lowkey nice with it

Deadass

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

T-man posted:

share ur piracy feeds

That’s praxis.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

The bible has been heavily edited.

Little King James Edition

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Whichever episodes have these on them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvZl5ug5w3E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuueHTka170

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Chapo is an entertaining podcast because it's idiosyncratic, the people who make the show are very particular and have pretty odd beliefs sometimes, the guests are a pretty weird array, etc. The lack of intellectual rigor aids in that. It's very enjoyable but can't be taken super seriously.
I have a vague recollection of this either coming up direct from the gang in a Q&A episode or online somewhere. Chapo is a funny comedy podcast that is run by a group that all has varying levels of left leaning views. They do a lot good things, they get people more involved in politics, they have legitimately good guests like labor leaders on and they talk about organizing, but also sometimes are dogshit. They're not Chapo: A Leftist Symposium for a Better World, they're doing comedy. And like most comedians they're idiots. Anytime the discussion gets into the actual views of the hosts themselves instead of the real issues, I want a gif of the Simpsons bus driver tapping a sign that says "it's a comedy podcast".

That said, I definitely acknowledge there's ton of people (not here, but we're talking subreddit types) who DO view it as an official Leftist © podcast that should be perfect in its views and I would buy an argument that Chapo has a better responsibility to make the distinction clear between entertainment and education.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Breadallelogram posted:

please pay me to listen to chapo episodes 2 weeks late and tweet the same poo poo everyone else said about it when it was relevant

Picturing an E1 spin-off called Two Weeks Late where they discuss a "current" event that happened two weeks ago and just purposefully argue for a point of view that was entirely disproved by following events.

And shut up, don't just reply back that this is how the world is now with TV pundits.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/swin24/status/1287821142070300672?s=20

Love our big beautiful boaters

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

prefect posted:

"Hegemon" is my favorite pokeman.

The KHive Queen and the Hegemon

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Too much pot brownie

Tfw the adrenochrome hits

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

THS posted:

it’s especially concerning because the chapo and cumtown ppl all live in the same house

Little known fact: they all share one giant bed like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Delta-Wye posted:

no, i like hearing the n word. this should be obvious arfjason, podcasts are for listening to you big dum dum.

Hear no n-words, see no n-words, speak no n-words

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

ArfJason posted:

just listening to an episode and theyre talking about taxes and for some reason one of the hosts started calling muslims "sand *******" and im completely baffled. why is this show raking in so much patreon money from self described "leftists"?

Stop listening to O&A.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Anytime I hear "Robby Mook" I always just picture him as the nycguidovoice avatar but adjusting a tie and shrugging his shoulders.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Pour one our for the big beautiful boaters.
https://twitter.com/billscher/status/1324758193965309952?s=20

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Lot of people in here forgetting the best Star Trek series is The Orville.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Every time they don’t address that there’s a GOTDANG CHEETO IN THE WHITE HOUSE they’re making RBG cry in heaven.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I know their patreon makes money but drat we’re stretching the word “influencer” here

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Lacan these nuts

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Squirrel Girl origin story incoming

As long as it’s the original Ditko style

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

a christmas miracle, Bust Rodd is right :unsmith:

God bust us, every one

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I can't believe they made 83 Wonder Woman movies before this one

Boy . . . I'm just so tired of all these Wonder Women

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I love Chapo movie eps for the same reason I enjoy Matt trying to game because it proves everyone is exactly as stupid as everyone else when it comes to media. "Haha everyone loves the dang adventures am I right? Anyway James Cameron is a god and his Dances With Wolves Remake where the protag has racial reassignment surgery to be king of the Aliens is the best film I've ever seen."

That's not even to say they're always wrong, WW84 is an absolute horror show.

With you 100%. There were multiple times listening to the episode where they expressed absolute disbelief at something that was explained (albeit poorly / to the best of the movie's ability) and I wanted to get mad at them until someone--usually Matt--actually pointed it out and they went "oh yeah I guess anyway moving on".

Movie was abysmal, but the episode is still an absolute banger.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

crepeface posted:

yea I love marvel movies and arguing about which are the best (it's blade)

Some motherfuckers always trying to ice skate uphill

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Soy is if when Jim mugged for the camera in the Office he were reacting to something that he was the one to say.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Pixar's Gladio

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/EricRWeinstein/status/1350878550841204737?s=20

Lmao drat, look at this guy DESTROY the Associated Press with logic and reason.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

See what we have here is a trolley solution

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I see you and raise you
https://twitter.com/SashaMichelle89/status/1352447838484094981?s=20

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

The holy trinity: Chapo fan, Cum Town fan, Bernie fan.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Cosmik Slop posted:

I'm just guessing but I suspect a lot of the dough goes to worthy causes and they don't hang on to much.

Yeah, I can't recall where I heard it (to the point I might have just always been gaslighting myself) but I believe they do genuinely give a lot to charities/organizing groups before actually splitting the "profit" up.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

Cigars have been a laughable signifier for awhile.
That's the key right there, effectively what Proust Malone said above. I like cigars, I have one every now and then and who gives a poo poo. But if you smoke them often enough for that to be a character trait people would remember when talking about you, you deserve all the ridicule you get.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Never forget, stealing premium content is praxis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I didn't listen, tell me if Amber was on it so I can decide if I liked it or not.