Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The 2016 College Football season will be
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
THE BEST
THE WORST
You know that kind of hurt you can't quit
View Results

• Locked thread
korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

D.N. Nation posted:

The 2016 Duke Blue Devils football team

How crazy is it that a 4 to 6 win Duke team is now considered disappointing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

korrandark posted:

How crazy is it that a 4 to 6 win Duke team is now considered disappointing?

Shoot, I considered 2014 Duke a little disappointing because they yakked away the division title and the bowl....and they won 9 games and it was still Duke. That Cutcliffe made going to the ACC Championship Game seem like this thing that Duke should just regularly do is ridiculous.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

D.N. Nation posted:

Shoot, why not do my other team, which is pretty easy because

The 2016 Duke Blue Devils football team

And you were doing so well...

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The Big Jesus posted:

Predictions:
1) I die of alcohol poisoning at the Bristol game

Its a good thing that you'll die earlier in the day so you don't feel the forlorn disintegration of hope as you watch the last helicopter lifting the chosen few from the pressbox roof before the flames consume the structure.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Well I'm just trying to give us something we can all root for.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Nebraska will probably win eight games but I swear to god I don't know which eight

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Georgia

Go read DN Nation's effortpost. I'm going to put as much effort into my predictions as Richt put into gameplanning.

North Carolina (@Atlanta)- Opening game jitters against a decent team never works out well. This'll be a game where you wish you played the other team in October and just scheduled a cupcake here to get your poo poo together. LOSS
Nicholls State- Switch the dates between this and UNC and they're both wins. WIN
@ Missouri- If Eason is starting/good this should be a fun little rout. If Lambert is starting two things will happen
1-I will have died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound
2- this will be the worst football game you have ever seen. Yes, I saw VT/Wake WIN
@ Ole Miss- On the road? Non-lovely opponent? No thanks LOSS
Tennessee- We certainly won't win the East this year, but Tennessee never will again. WIN
@ South Carolina- Eat poo poo and die Spurrier, I don't care if you're gone, gently caress you and all your schools WIN
Vanderbilt- Yep, they still exist WIN
Florida (@Jacksonville)- My gut tells me Eason's starting by this point and Georgia has its act together. If so, I think Georgia pulls off the rare win in Jacksonville. They loving better, I have tickets WIN
@ Kentucky- gently caress Mike Stoops WIN
Auburn- They're sunk. WIN
Louisiana Lafayette- I kind of like these dudes, The New Orleans Bowl is always fun to watch WIN
Georgia Tech- Kicking the dogshit out of Georgia Tech was like the only thing Richt could do right. The tradition continues and hopefully Paul Johnson gets a megadeal so he can stay forever. gently caress Roman Reigns. WIN

Prediction: So all-in-all I have Georgia going.....10-2

They're going 7-5. Book it.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 3, 2016

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
VIRGINIA

Virginia fired Mike London (loving finally) after our 7th losing season in 8 years. We seem to have made a good, experienced hire in Bronco Mendenhall. Lets briefly compare the two coaches by examining recruiting letters each sent.

London's
(won't link inline, click):
"formerly"? Well a coachintern made a spelling mistake. The rest of the letter.. A bit scattered and unenthusiastic and some marketing speak. Overall it's pretty ok I guess.

Bronco's:

Gets right to the loving point. "Recruit, our staff has identified you as tough, smart, and talented and we would be honored if you would accept this scholarship." Learning, leadership, honor, fierce, character, leaders of our homes, communities, and country. Top public university, winning the Capital One Cup. "This is Thomas Jefferson's university. This is Virginia's premier university. This is your university." (emphasis in original)

gently caress. YES. You read this and want to run through a brick wall. This man gets it. We will not see something as insipid as "YOU!!" from him.

Last year we went 4-8. As bad as we looked we still could have won a couple more if game day coaching had been better. There were five one-score losses (though most of them weren't that close). London (and offensive coordinator Steve loving Fairchild) were masters at making terrible decisions to minimize our chances of winning. Bronco cannot possibly be any worse than London at this, so there is bound to be some improvement. And the schedule is a little easier.

Sept 3 Richmond W
Sept 10 @Oregon L
Sept 17 @UConn W
Sept 24 Cent Michigan W
Oct 1 @Duke L
Oct 15 Pitt L
Oct 22 North Carolina L
Oct 29 Louisville L
Nov 5 @Wake Forest W
Nov 12 Miami W
Nov 19 @Georgia Tech L
Nov 26 @Virginia Tech L

Realistic: 5-7
Worst case: 3-9, the rebuilding required is even worse than expected
Best case: Start out 4-1 with a win at Duke and a week off before Pitt at home. Manage at least 6-6 and a bowl. They still have those, right?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I predict Mississippi State will win the Piggly Wiggly title this year

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Texas gonna win probably like 7 games with a precocious child and an affable Frankenstein monster battling it out for snaps at QB, plus some real good RBs, a somewhat improved OL and an actual solid wide receiver corps for the first time in a while.

Our D is going to be pretty decent against the pass and pretty vulnerable to the run. Getting off the field on 3rd and manageable will continue to be an issue.

This team is super young, but it's also finally starting to feel like Charlie Strong's team. It will be a rollercoaster, and we will absolutely turn in some dogshit performances, but it should be fun as long as we don't do anything as stupid as firing Charlie Strong. The fun part is that there is not one game on our schedule that feels unwinnable if we happen to get our poo poo together that week, and only UTEP and Kansas feel like wins we can take for granted. Basically anything can happen any week. Next year, though. Everyone best watch their backs next year.

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 16, 2016

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Holy cow, football is only 18 days away and I forgot to do one of these :(

2016 Arizona State Sun Devils

Last Year: 6-7, 4-5 in conference

Last year was supposed to be our year. Experience everywhere and the QB was a 5th year senior with some real good play from the year before. Alas, the defense gave up a million big plays and the offense couldn't get anything started.

Key Losses:
Offense: Everyone? We're losing QB, 4/5 O-line, 3/4 Top receivers
Defense: Secondary
Coaching: OC Mike Norvell + 4 assistants

Looking at the losses I don't know how we're going to be able to win any meaningful games this year. Hopefully the new coaches will be able to work some magic

Returning:
Offense (4 returning): Running back is really our only position of strength on offense, Richard and Ballage might be top 10 RB tandem this year.
Defense (8 returning): The front seven for ASU is looking pretty solid and if we have any shot of wining games this year it'll be with pressure up front.

Position Notes

QB – Two way race between Manny Wilkins (mobile QB) and Brady White (pocket passer). Wilkins has a year of experience on White and honestly the offense works better with a mobile QB. My guess is that Wilkins will start but Graham won't announce a starter till the week of the first game.

RB – Richards and Ballage were pretty good last year, 1000+/700 yards respectively, and with a new QB and O-line we'll be focusing on the run so they could both get over 1000 yards this year.

WR – Losing 3/4 of our top receivers but there's hope that the people replacing the starters will be able to produce. Tim White is expected to make a big improvement this year, Cam Smith is returning from injury, N'keal Harry is a top recruit that may play as a freshman.

TE – Kody Kohl added about 30 pounds over the summer to supplement his pass blocking, already a pretty good receiver I expect he'll contribute a lot this year.

OL – Returning only 14 starts this group is young. Biggest area for concern heading into the new season

DL – Most of the guys up front can get after the QB and we finally have some depth here. JoJo Wicker is looking real good out of spring ball, he should get a lot of TFLs and sacks this year.

LB – The LB corps was pretty good last year and just about everyone returns.

DB – Replacing 3/4 here but since we gave up so many big plays last year (last of P5) maybe that's a good thing. Hopefully the front seven can get more pressure this year so we don't have to send corners and safeties on blitzes

Schedule

Sept 3 vs N Arizona (W): Annual FCS cupcake
Sept 10 vs Texas Tech (?): This game seems winnable, however if the secondary hasn't improved much Mahomes may rain bombs on us all day
Sept 16 @UTSA (W): Not too familiar with UTSA but I don't think we'll have an issue here
Sept 24 vs Cal (W): Cal's replacing QB and all receivers in a Sonny Dykes offense. They may be good but I'm not sure if they will be by this point in the season
Oct 1 @USC (L): We're too young to compete here. OL will get owned all game
Oct 8 vs UCLA (L): We're too young to compete here. OL will get owned all game
Oct 15 @Colorado (W): Colorado is almost out of the dunpster, but until proven otherwise I'll always mark this as a win
Oct 22 vs Washington St (?): If we can fix the secondary issues we'll have a chance here. Pressure on the QB against air raid usually works pretty well
Oct 29 @Oregon (L): We almost beat them last year, and I don't think they'll be stellar this year, but we haven't won in Autzen in forever so that'll probably continue
Nov 10 vs Utah (L): We're too young to compete here. OL will get owned all game
Nov 19 @Washington (L): We're too young to compete here. OL will get owned all game
Nov 25 @Arizona (W): We'll probably be pretty even with UA this year, but I'll never say they're gonna beat us.

If we split the tossup games we'll end up 6-6 which seems about right. Best case is we're 8-4, worst 4-8.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Texas A&M Aggies

It's a do-or-die season for Kevin Sumlin. The Aggies came into last season with a loaded offense, and we had every reason to believe that it would keep games afloat while the defense adjusted to Chavis' new system. Instead, it was the defense that kept us in the games and the offense which lagged behind at the beginning (maybe not in the ASU game, but you could see the beginnings of it in some of our cupcake games - I forget which one) and faded into the ether after Bama broke us again. The locker room situation reached DEFCON 1 at around that time, and the offseason has been disastrous, too.

Now we have a new offensive coordinator seems to have a pretty good track record, so Sumlin's out of excuses if A&M experiences another mid-season collapse.

vs. UCLA: Like last year's ASU game, I have no clue. Flip a coin. I'd like to think our offense could hang with the Bruins, and that our defense could keep them relatively contained, but then again, Aggies. I'm going to be optimistic here and say that it's a W.
vs. Prarie View A&M: W
@ Auburn: Oh, boy. This game is going to be desperate. Like World War I desperate, and it's only the third game of the season. Or maybe I'm just being a drama queen. I think we lose at Jordan-Hare this time around. L
vs. Arkansas: We got really, really, really, lucky last year, and I think the streak ends here. L
@ South Carolina: Muschamp beat us in 2012, but that was with Florida, and this is USC. I think it's a W
vs. Tennessee: Tennessee is so loaded, and Sumlin's teams really suck at Kyle Field. L
@ Alabama: Welp. L
vs. New Mexico State: Cupcake W
@ Mississippi State: We stunk up that game last year and still managed to win. Without Dak, I think it's a W
vs. Ole Miss: I don't think we can hang with them. L
vs. UTSA: Cupcake W
vs. LSU: God our offense was so bad last year, and I hope we are better this year but my gut feeling is L

6-6.

Ceiling: 10-2. If the offense shows more consistency and better O-line play (and if Knight is reliable), then I think we could beat Auburn, Arkansas, and maybe one or two out of the Tennessee, Bama, Ole Miss, and LSU group.

Basement: 4-8. The locker room situation spirals further and further out of control, Mazzone can't rectify issues on offense, Knight becomes an interception machine, defense regresses, we lose all non-cupcake games.

:siren: FCS :siren: James Madison Dukes

JMU had a great start last season, faltered in two of our rivalry games (Richmond, W&M) after Vad Lee got injured, got into the playoffs, and subsequently lost to COLGATE. Then our coach bolted to take over Dennis Franchione's position at Texas State, but we were able to hire Mike Houston away from the Citadel, which I think may be better in the long run, as he had proven success in FCS with a historically moribund program. He's got a lot of great players to work with, so it shouldn't be as hard of a rebuild as one would expect.

Our schedule is brutal this year. JMU has several rivals within the CAA and we play most of them in the latter half of the season.

vs. Morehead St.: W
vs. Central Connecticut State: W
@ UNC: L
@ Maine: They used to be pretty good, but have been a pushover in recent years W
vs. Delaware: Rivalry game. We barely scraped by last year, and I think it will be the same this year. W
vs. William & Mary: Rivalry game #2. Solid program, barely beat us last year. Toss up. W
@ New Hampshire: UNH has been really good the past few years, and we were lucky not to play them last year, because I think we would have lost. Another toss up. L
vs. Rhode Island: W
@ Richmond: There is some bad blood between us. Expect revenge for breaking Vad last year. W
@ Villanova: Their HC has been there for like 30 years and has been pretty inconsistent. One year they'll be at the bottom of the CAA, another year they'll make a deep playoff run. I have no idea. W?
vs. Elon: W because Elon sucks at football

Optimistically, I expect 9-2 with a playoff run.

Ceiling: 10-1 with a playoff run until we get embarrassed by NDSU
Basement: Uh, 5-6

Cnidario fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 22, 2016

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

A&M. At work so I can't do all the predictions, but I'm going to guess 7-5 because the offense and defense will never click at the same time or help eachother out (mostly because the offense will either score in 2 plays or go 3-and-out so the defense immediately has to go out with no rest after putting together an exhausting hold on a 7 minute drive featuring loads of the opponent running for 3-4 yards per carry)

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Rutgers is hard because they were really bad last year, but Kyle Flood was by far the worst coach in FBS and there's like a 40% chance that they'll be way better merely due to the upgrade. On the other hand, he really hosed their roster in key areas (LB and DB.) Both lines are going to be very good though. They lose their one God-King at WR, but get their other God-King back at DT after missing all of last year due to an injury. I think they'd definitely be a .500 team in the Big Ten West. Rutgers is going to have one of the best running games in the conference, and that could steal them games and keep teams from exploiting the thin as gently caress back 7.

@Washington - they're supposed to be good, but I don't know a lot about them due to East Coast bias. They do seem to always underachieve, and we played Wazzu well. L
Howard - W
New Mexico - W
Iowa - Tossup - not impressed with them at all. Will severely underestimate our home field edge.
@Ohio State - L - Gulp
Michigan - L - unfortunately going to skull gently caress us, although god loving drat are their fans arrogant and hateable.
Illinois - W - strangely had a pulse last year, who knows what to expect from Lovie.
@Minnesota - Tossup - I think we have the better roster, and think they made one of the worst hires of the offseason.
Indiana - W - their defense is hot garbage, lost their QB who was holy poo poo good, even though Wilson is a winner. We beat them twice in a row.
@MSU - L - although I think they're in decline.
PSU - Tossup - a lot of their offense will be better, but their QB situation is going to be a mess. Lost a lot on defense. We should have won two years ago, and had no Carroo and idiot Flood refusing to change his signals despite losing an assistant to them last year. I'm scared Franklin is actually good (per how he did at Vandy) and just inherited a bad situation.
@Maryland - Tossup - two straight ultra weird chokes, one by each team. This roster is pretty loving bad.

4-4 with four swing games.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kim Jong Il posted:

our home field edge.

pfffftttthahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
in theory it would be really embarrassing if we lost that game after I've spent like four years straight making GBS threads on rutgers but I have been hardened by years of losing to iowa state and northwestern so gently caress it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
gently caress it, doing Nebraska just so I can laugh at it come December

9/3 Fresno — We played Fresno away a couple seasons ago and they didn't even show up, but their supposed constant blitz D has gotten a lot of press here because our O-line is on the young side, so this one could be interesting but a win is a Win
9/10 Wyoming — Quite down right now; W
9/17 Oregon — Not gonna bother with tossups and Oregon is kinda down so gently caress it, W
9/24 @Northwestern — Home field means dick in this sort-of budding rivalry (well, in that the games have tended to be interesting) and will depend on x-factors and poo poo, but you know what? W
10/1 Illinois — Really, really shouldn't have lost this game last year, and never mind that I'm basically predicting a lack of dumb poo poo (thus far), but still W. I have no ill will toward Illinois but Lovie still seems like a strange fit here.
10/15 @Indiana — Oh poo poo! Nebraska is 5-0?! Has Riley basically 180'd the Huskers in his seco--- L in a 50-something to 50-something affair
10/22 Purdue — W See: Illinois (and, again, no ill will toward Purdue either but I bet there's a solid chance Hazell is a lame duck by now)
10/29 @Wisconsin — L because I have a hard time seeing us win in Madison for the forseeable future, even if things are down in Madison
11/5 @Ohio State — L Three days before election day? I might as well go on a bender
11/12 Minnesota — W And I won't think about Mitch Leidner again until some NFL team drafts him waaaaaaaay too early
11/19 Maryland — W :geno:
11/25 @Iowa — L Can we play this game in a literal blizzard already though

So that's the 8-4 a lot of folks seem to be predicting. I like Tommy Armstrong, I really do, but this year may go down in history as kind of a wash, I reckon. We've got two QBs in town more suited for the type of O Riley/Langsdorf want to run, and another committed. Basically the mid-aughts again but not such a severe gear shift.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I'd be very surprised if Nebraska even keeps it close with Oregon

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Well feel free to wear 'em down a bit the week prior, UVA

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

That man deserves a better team than Rutgers.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Real Name Grover posted:

Well feel free to wear 'em down a bit the week prior, UVA

I haven't figured out what I'm doing instead of watching that quite yet :(

Here is my prediction for UVA '16

Lol gently caress off who cares see everyone next year

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ungratek posted:

I haven't figured out what I'm doing instead of watching that quite yet :(

Here is my prediction for UVA '16

Lol gently caress off who cares see everyone next year

Didn't you guys finally get a new coach? Shouldn't you have, like, at least some hope that things will get marginally better?

e: Oh poo poo you got BYU's guy. He might in theory actually be sort of ok.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Kim Jong Il posted:

Michigan - L - unfortunately going to skull gently caress us, although god loving drat are their fans arrogant and hateable.

i mean, your dumbass fans picked a fight with someone who went for 2 on you already last year

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Didn't you guys finally get a new coach? Shouldn't you have, like, at least some hope that things will get marginally better?

e: Oh poo poo you got BYU's guy. He might in theory actually be sort of ok.

We've been on a downward slide from decent to terrible for a decade. They have to show the fans something first at this point, unfortunately

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Real Name Grover posted:

gently caress it, doing Nebraska just so I can laugh at it come December

11/25 @Iowa — L Can we play this game in a literal blizzard already though

It's not one of the games I have a ticket to so hell yeah bring on the blizzard

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The last Iowa game is saw at Kinnick was 2012 against Nebraska. No snow but there was a below zero windchill, which I think is the coldest game I've been to. It also ended like 13-7, so all in all a very good way to assure me that moving to California was a good call.'

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 23, 2016

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
And last year's game in Lincoln was by far the coldest I've been to — not sure I could've dressed any warmer, either. It might as well snow, I figure.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Thoguh posted:

That man deserves a better team than Rutgers.

On the other hand, New Jersey is the perfect state for that man.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

On the other hand, New Jersey is the perfect state for that man.

As an alumnus of D-III Stevens Institute of Technology I'd like to formally extend him an invitation.

Especially since it was an online program and I never have actually been there and likely never will, so I don't have to smell him.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Oregon Football: No, we don't know if the magic is gone either

Oregon returns a buttload of great skill players, including Royce Freeman and Taj Griffin at running back. 6 OL with playing experience return, including 3+ starters.

No one cares about any of that. Oregon last year was super-Oregon: QB play was the only thing that mattered, and the defense was terrible. So the questions for this year are: will QB play improve and will the defense stink less?

I don't know, and I don't expect anyone else knows. We have a new Defensive Coordinator (anyone would be better than Pellum it seems) and a new FCS transfer QB but this one passed his math classes so he's been able to work with the football team for longer than 2 weeks. So this is posted with the idea/hope that Oregon can get decent QB play from Prukop or the players they actually recruited.

UC Davis: W - An FCS Dust-Up has happened for our first game ever since losing to LSU in 2011.
Virginia: W - Hoping it's a repeat of 2013 with a 59-10 result.
Nebraska: W - Oregon has a 7 win winning streak against Mike Riley coached teams. Can't break the streak now.
Colorado: W - Colorado's getting better but not this quickly
Wazzu: L - Requisite early October loss that shakes Oregon fans to their core. Hopefully a shootout instead of a blowout.
Washington: W - Call the loss to Wazzu a look-ahead problem, but Oregon better prepare for this one and better win it.
Cal: W - Sonny Dykes might be gone by this point, either his choice or the University's
Arizona State: W - Man, Arizona State lost a lot this offseason
USC: ? - No idea on this one. It is going to be maddening probably.
Stanford: L - Really hope Stanford doesn't represent the Pac-12 North again this year but they probably will
Utah: ? - They destroyed us completely last year. Nobody seems to think they're good this year. More likely that Utah will beat us than USC will.
Oregon State: W - Goddamn we better win this.

Regular Season: Between 8-4 and 10-2 sounds like such a large range that it's spineless, but the big questions for Oregon don't seem to be answered so let's go ahead with that.

Bowl Prediction: Some bowl in Texas against a Big 12 team

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

MourningView posted:

pfffftttthahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

I can pull quotes from Michigan and PSU players saying that it's really tough to play at Rutgers and they had no idea it would be like that.

Regnevelc posted:

i mean, your dumbass fans picked a fight with someone who went for 2 on you already last year

I'm not talking about Harbaugh, I honestly don't give a poo poo about him, he'll be gone to the NFL in a year anyway. :)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Michigan lost at Rutgers the same year they got destroyed by Notre Dame and Sparty, could only manage 10 points at home against Utah, won a 10-9 laugher against Northwestern, and lost at home to loving Maryland.

They didn't lose because of Rutgers' super intimidating home field, they lost because they were a lovely team that year.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Kim Jong Il posted:

I'm not talking about Harbaugh, I honestly don't give a poo poo about him, he'll be gone to the NFL in a year anyway. :)

You're cute.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DJExile posted:

Michigan lost at Rutgers the same year they got destroyed by Notre Dame and Sparty, could only manage 10 points at home against Utah, won a 10-9 laugher against Northwestern, and lost at home to loving Maryland.

They didn't lose because of Rutgers' super intimidating home field, they lost because they were a lovely team that year.

Nah superpower Michigan stood no chance to the new york market

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

D.N. Nation posted:

North Carolina (@Atlanta)- UNC was very good last season despite what the gently caress losing to South Carolina and boast a solid offense and a defense that....well, it isn't terrible.

118th out of 128 in rushing yards allowed per game last year. that is terrible.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Pimp Cauldron posted:

118th out of 128 in rushing yards allowed per game last year. that is terrible.

I sorta wonder how far they fell in the stats from before the bowl game to after. Since they were kinda okay until Baylor ran for what felt like 1000 yards in one game on them.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Rice Owls: everything is terrible
Last year I had hope, and it was dashed, and now I no longer have hope. We do have a new end zone facility, though, so we have that going for us. Also I might actually get to go to the Rice/Stanford game (we can make a MOB alumni band with... uh... three clarinet players?).

Probable wins: North Texas, UTSA, Prairie View, UTEP
Probable losses: @WKU, Baylor, @Southern Miss, @Louisiana Tech, @Stanford
Toss-ups: @Army, FAU, @Charlotte

Best case: 7-5 (and Army is kind of a stretch since Rice is going to be worse this year and Army is not). A nice vacation to a low-tier bowl game. Rice sneaks into the AAC after Houston leaves for the Big 12.
Worst case: 3-9 (take one of those probable wins and toss it in the dumpster because Bailiff doesn't have them ready to play one day). Bailiff convinces the AD that this is a fluke (it's not) as whatever momentum our new facilities might have provided evaporates.
Likely case: 5-7 (pick one of FAU/Charlotte). Rice's dream of occasionally winning a conference title slips farther and farther away.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

DJExile posted:

Michigan lost at Rutgers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Maxwells Demon posted:

Oregon Football: 6 OL with playing experience return, including 3+ starters.

The real question here is, can any of them effectively snap the football?

:negative:

• Locked thread