Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The 2016 College Football season will be
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
THE BEST
THE WORST
You know that kind of hurt you can't quit
View Results

• Locked thread
Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Texas A&M Aggies

It's a do-or-die season for Kevin Sumlin. The Aggies came into last season with a loaded offense, and we had every reason to believe that it would keep games afloat while the defense adjusted to Chavis' new system. Instead, it was the defense that kept us in the games and the offense which lagged behind at the beginning (maybe not in the ASU game, but you could see the beginnings of it in some of our cupcake games - I forget which one) and faded into the ether after Bama broke us again. The locker room situation reached DEFCON 1 at around that time, and the offseason has been disastrous, too.

Now we have a new offensive coordinator seems to have a pretty good track record, so Sumlin's out of excuses if A&M experiences another mid-season collapse.

vs. UCLA: Like last year's ASU game, I have no clue. Flip a coin. I'd like to think our offense could hang with the Bruins, and that our defense could keep them relatively contained, but then again, Aggies. I'm going to be optimistic here and say that it's a W.
vs. Prarie View A&M: W
@ Auburn: Oh, boy. This game is going to be desperate. Like World War I desperate, and it's only the third game of the season. Or maybe I'm just being a drama queen. I think we lose at Jordan-Hare this time around. L
vs. Arkansas: We got really, really, really, lucky last year, and I think the streak ends here. L
@ South Carolina: Muschamp beat us in 2012, but that was with Florida, and this is USC. I think it's a W
vs. Tennessee: Tennessee is so loaded, and Sumlin's teams really suck at Kyle Field. L
@ Alabama: Welp. L
vs. New Mexico State: Cupcake W
@ Mississippi State: We stunk up that game last year and still managed to win. Without Dak, I think it's a W
vs. Ole Miss: I don't think we can hang with them. L
vs. UTSA: Cupcake W
vs. LSU: God our offense was so bad last year, and I hope we are better this year but my gut feeling is L

6-6.

Ceiling: 10-2. If the offense shows more consistency and better O-line play (and if Knight is reliable), then I think we could beat Auburn, Arkansas, and maybe one or two out of the Tennessee, Bama, Ole Miss, and LSU group.

Basement: 4-8. The locker room situation spirals further and further out of control, Mazzone can't rectify issues on offense, Knight becomes an interception machine, defense regresses, we lose all non-cupcake games.

:siren: FCS :siren: James Madison Dukes

JMU had a great start last season, faltered in two of our rivalry games (Richmond, W&M) after Vad Lee got injured, got into the playoffs, and subsequently lost to COLGATE. Then our coach bolted to take over Dennis Franchione's position at Texas State, but we were able to hire Mike Houston away from the Citadel, which I think may be better in the long run, as he had proven success in FCS with a historically moribund program. He's got a lot of great players to work with, so it shouldn't be as hard of a rebuild as one would expect.

Our schedule is brutal this year. JMU has several rivals within the CAA and we play most of them in the latter half of the season.

vs. Morehead St.: W
vs. Central Connecticut State: W
@ UNC: L
@ Maine: They used to be pretty good, but have been a pushover in recent years W
vs. Delaware: Rivalry game. We barely scraped by last year, and I think it will be the same this year. W
vs. William & Mary: Rivalry game #2. Solid program, barely beat us last year. Toss up. W
@ New Hampshire: UNH has been really good the past few years, and we were lucky not to play them last year, because I think we would have lost. Another toss up. L
vs. Rhode Island: W
@ Richmond: There is some bad blood between us. Expect revenge for breaking Vad last year. W
@ Villanova: Their HC has been there for like 30 years and has been pretty inconsistent. One year they'll be at the bottom of the CAA, another year they'll make a deep playoff run. I have no idea. W?
vs. Elon: W because Elon sucks at football

Optimistically, I expect 9-2 with a playoff run.

Ceiling: 10-1 with a playoff run until we get embarrassed by NDSU
Basement: Uh, 5-6

Cnidario fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread