Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The 2016 College Football season will be
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
THE BEST
THE WORST
You know that kind of hurt you can't quit
View Results

• Locked thread
Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Rice Owls: everything is terrible
Last year I had hope, and it was dashed, and now I no longer have hope. We do have a new end zone facility, though, so we have that going for us. Also I might actually get to go to the Rice/Stanford game (we can make a MOB alumni band with... uh... three clarinet players?).

Probable wins: North Texas, UTSA, Prairie View, UTEP
Probable losses: @WKU, Baylor, @Southern Miss, @Louisiana Tech, @Stanford
Toss-ups: @Army, FAU, @Charlotte

Best case: 7-5 (and Army is kind of a stretch since Rice is going to be worse this year and Army is not). A nice vacation to a low-tier bowl game. Rice sneaks into the AAC after Houston leaves for the Big 12.
Worst case: 3-9 (take one of those probable wins and toss it in the dumpster because Bailiff doesn't have them ready to play one day). Bailiff convinces the AD that this is a fluke (it's not) as whatever momentum our new facilities might have provided evaporates.
Likely case: 5-7 (pick one of FAU/Charlotte). Rice's dream of occasionally winning a conference title slips farther and farther away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Incoherence posted:

Worst case: 3-9 (take one of those probable wins and toss it in the dumpster because Bailiff doesn't have them ready to play one day). Bailiff convinces the AD that this is a fluke (it's not) as whatever momentum our new facilities might have provided evaporates.
Missed on UTEP and North Texas (both close games), and we took one of my toss-up games against Charlotte. Everything continues to be terrible. Bailiff is still the coach, although evidently next year is bowl game or bust.

• Locked thread