Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
I'd complain about the weather but i live in a swamp so it is kind of my own fault for living in a swamp. I laugh at your bone dry 45% humidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
45-85% humidity is p low for louisiana esp this time of year what are you tolkien about

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you have weather

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

San Diego supremacy

Orange County mediocrity

*tells wife to call the babysitter, we're going to the Cheesecake factory tonight*

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

It's not too humid or hot in Redondo and Torrance right now. Eat poo poo, easterners :)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
watch out if it gets to 100% humidity OP because then I think you're just breathing in water at that point and that's bad :ohdear:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I'm going to LA in early August what should I do? tia

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

i live in the blasted hellscape of inland NE san diego county so i don't know what the gently caress humidity is, or water for the matter, but when it's 100 degrees out its a nice breezy 80 in the shade

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Hey op what generation LA are you? I assume you're first or lower because you're complain sincerely.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Propaganda Hour posted:

get found by a talent scout and star in a major motion picture opposite of brad pitt and megan fox

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Propaganda Hour posted:

Literally burn in hell/ poo poo becauae it's going to be hot.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

I'm in ventura county and the weather has been absolutely amazing sorry op. Get out of the valley and hit the coast.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mozi posted:

get found by a talent scout and star in a major motion picture opposite of brad pitt and megan fox

lol

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
im gonna be there next week pitching "castle kids" any suggestions? ive never been

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Dogmeat posted:

I'm in ventura county and the weather has been absolutely amazing sorry op. Get out of the valley and hit the coast.

gently caress yooou rich bitch.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

dad gay. so what posted:

im gonna be there next week pitching "castle kids" any suggestions? ive never been

just be yourself dad

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

dad gay. so what posted:

Don't get on the ten or the five.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

ummmm :confused:

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

or the 405 or the 101 or the 210 or the 215

actually just kill yourself if you have to drive in the LA area

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Freeways / highways that have a lot of traffic

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Tuxedo Gin posted:

The sixty is... not as horrible.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Freeways / highways that have a lot of traffuc

oh OK thanks i guess i don't have a choice :confused:

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

dad gay. so what posted:

oh OK thanks i guess i don't have a choice :confused:

Side streets dawg, side streets. Everything hook up to everything.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Why don't they just make LA highways wider ??? 4 lanes not enough, build 6 on each side. You can fit all those cars on the road if you really try.

Or the city could just make public transport legal again, but that will never happen.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

San Diego supremacy

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Decebal posted:

Why don't they just make LA highways wider ??? 4 lanes not enough, build 6 on each side. You can fit all those cars on the road if you really try.

Or the city could just make public transport legal again, but that will never happen.

Cuz gently caress you; that's why. Can't handle LA at it's worse can't have it at it's best. Besides the amount of people and amount of time spent driving is falling.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Cuz gently caress you; that's why. Can't handle LA at it's worse can't have it at it's best. Besides the amount of people and amount of time spent driving is falling.

like literally falling? like falling is faster than driving?? sorry ive never been :confused:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Dynastocles posted:

SERIOUSLY it has been between 45% - 85% humidity 24/7 for the past FOUR STRAIGHT MONTHS. It straight up feels like Miami. The only reason this lovely city was ever tolerable was because it was dry, but thanks to El Nino / whatever the gently caress is going on, it's just as bad of a smelly moist armpit as Austin god drat Texas.

Would some gee-dee weather person tell me when this city's supposed to dry up again so we don't have to fall asleep swaddled in the damp dew of our own dripping balls?

relative humidity is literally worthless you loving pissbitch. learn about how dewpoints work if you want to be smart about humidity :smug:

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

dad gay. so what posted:

like literally falling? like falling is faster than driving?? sorry ive never been :confused:

Nah falling in like mother fuckers are driving less over all and less people are drivers.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Nah falling in like mother fuckers are driving less over all and less people are drivers.

mother fuckers? ive never been :confused:

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

I heard LA has a "car culture" and they're really proud of it or something ? Why would you be proud of something that causes people so much pain and frustration? Just allow people to ride the buss or the underground.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

bradzilla posted:

relative humidity is literally worthless you loving pissbitch. learn about how dewpoints work if you want to be smart about humidity :smug:

sounds like op has more of a "stupidity" problem :smug:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Parallax Scroll posted:

sounds like op has more of a "stupidity" problem :smug:

:smug:

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

la is built on misery and misery loves company

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Decebal posted:

I heard LA has a "car culture" and they're really proud of it or something ? Why would you be proud of something that causes people so much pain and frustration? Just allow people to ride the buss or the underground.

Yeah we all got tricked into think that having a car is a rite of passage nd allows you to be free and go anywhere. But it makes sense cuz LA is huge.

http://laist.com/attachments/laist_emma/Map-of-LA1.jpg and that is only the city. Look up LA county.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Los+Angeles+County,+CA/@33.7717108,-118.2952531,9z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x80dd2ad30164cd31:0x837d28d6cfbd392a

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

gently caress yooou rich bitch.

Oxnard probably has the best weather I don't know why all the rich people live up in the hills where the weather is considerably shittier.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Palmdale

come back to meeee

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

Tuxedo Gin posted:

the 118 is okay, *shrug*

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
lol yeah try the 95 during rush hour! east coast beast coast! wooooooo go tom brady woooooooo!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Jesus, look how BIG it is ! Who thought that was a good idea ? Nobody got prosecuted for that ? "What, make another city ? No,no, just build it next to the other one! Yes, of course, merge them together. Who needs nature when there's concrete ? " I get why San Francisco is expensive, seeing how it has some beauty and a booming tech industry, but why LA ? Who actually looks forward to living there ?

• Locked thread