Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I wish the next gritty batman reboot had an evil yoghurt man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Beef Turret posted:

Okay let's see your masterpiece bat drawing then if you're such hot poo poo

🐦

Mr. Torrance
Sep 16, 2006
Have you ever thought about MY RESPONSIBILITIES?
Bat probably thinks it's in a cavern covered in guano. Might as well just redo the ceiling and the walls to avoid that kind of situation again.

HaveARottenDay
Aug 5, 2013

HaveARottenDay fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 14, 2016

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
oh, and before you do anything, check to make sure that the bat has gotten its rabies vaccines

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Yo, bat expert here.

What species you got? If you're in Florida I'm guessing it could be the Bonneted Bat or some incidental species, but either way you'd be well off just keeping your windows open/making sure the lil' jerkass has a way out when he feels like moving. Blankets and gloves should only be a last resort.

Also please don't kill the bat. SSS-type poo poo is all too depressingly-common in the states and there's good reasons behind some of the seemingly-zany wildlife disturbance laws.

edit: if that chiropteran was in your home overnight and had access to your room I strongly reccomend you get vaccinated against rabies. Bites can go unnoticed and fevers in your brain are not fun.

ChickenHeart fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 14, 2016

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Notice how the prefix bat- makes everything funny ?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ChickenHeart posted:

Yo, bat expert here.

What species you got? If you're in Florida I'm guessing it could be the Bonneted Bat or some incidental species, but either way you'd be well off just keeping your windows open/making sure the lil' jerkass has a way out when he feels like moving. Blankets and gloves should only be a last resort.

Also please don't kill the bat. SSS-type poo poo is all too depressingly-common in the states and there's good reasons behind some of the seemingly-zany wildlife disturbance laws.

edit: if that chiropteran was in your home overnight and had access to your room I strongly reccomend you get vaccinated against rabies. Bites can go unnoticed and fevers in your brain are not fun.

lmao gay hitler already bat-pozzed by rabies

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Gay Hitler as a Florida resident and host of a bat it is your responsibility to get it to a safe house I recommend UF Bat Houses

Newins-Ziegler Hall, Gainesville, FL 32603
(352) 846-0643

https://g.co/kgs/Tr1nks

HaveARottenDay
Aug 5, 2013

ChickenHeart posted:

Yo, bat expert here.

RIP Gay Hitler Dec 11, 2006 - July 2016

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Hey now, you can live with rabies

You can go almost a year before your brain is reduced to a pulsing mass of virons and you start acting like an extra in a horror movie

(Also there's the Milwaukee protocol, which has a fantastic ~10% success rate!)

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

does getting vaccinated after you were already bit work

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I love my dead gay hitler

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Parallax Scroll posted:

Sorry, wrong term. You can get treatment before symptoms develop; the sooner, the better. If you suspect you've been bitten at all it's strongly encouraged to get that poo poo put away.

Also the treatment involves huge-rear end needles

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Parallax Scroll posted:

Yeah as long as you weren't bit in the brain

trouser_mouse
Apr 27, 2008

Bat's milk is an antidote for Spectrox toxaemia.

Milk the bat and sell the milk to neighbouring planets.

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

Naerasa posted:

Stand Your Ground laws say you can kill the bat if you legitimately think it's a person.

No, it also has to be bla...oh right. Yeah, you're good OP. You can shoot it no problem.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

gbs posters are a cowardly and superstitious lot

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

i dont know anything about pokemon but im pretty sure shovels are super effective against perched bats

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Say hi to Batholomew, your new best friend. Think of the zany adventures you'll find together!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Make it bite you and see if you become a vampire/Batman.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
The law might say you can't remove it but there's no law against opening all the windows in your house and then cleaning the grease off your stove with a canned air horn.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Canned air horn is better than oven cleaner or scotch brite pads for getting burnt grease off a stove top, at least that's what I heard on the Internet.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Bats are really cool birds.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
have you tried hitting it with a shoe

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Gay Hitler posted:

apparently the bat is endangered and its illegal for me to remove it until mid august when bat season ends

e: "It is also illegal to conduct a bat exclusion during the maternity season, which in Florida is defined as April 16 through August 14. The maternity season is the period of time that mothers give birth to their young and nurture them to adulthood."

I am hosed

I guess i have a new bat friend for the next month

names appreciated

Call a wildlife rehabilitator and have them come collect the bat. They'll take good care of it.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Jenner posted:

Call a wildlife rehabilitator and have them come collect the bat. They'll take good care of it.

a shoe is much easier op dont believe this mans lies

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

vols bitch posted:

a shoe is much easier op dont believe this mans lies

This is bullshit you can't call a shoe.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Dreddout posted:

Make it bite you and see if you become a vampire/Batman.

vampiric batman would be op

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
bat bites are often painless and sho no symptoms and can spread rabies

is 3O going to die of rabies? stay tuned to find out!

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
cool i keep praying mantises in the house to eat bugs. less rabies

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ButteCysts posted:

bat bites are often painless and sho no symptoms and can spread rabies

is 3O going to die of rabies? stay tuned to find out!

gay hitler is not, shockingly, three olives

he should really namechange to something else to avoid confusion

(such as dead gay hitler)

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Gay Hitler posted:

i just want to know how the gently caress it got inside. air vents or some sort of wormhole technology are my two leading theories.

Bats can get in through very small openings, like the size of a nickle or less. Animal control will kill it to check for rabies because it's possible to get bit in your sleep and never notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Gay Hitler posted:

apparently the bat is endangered and its illegal for me to remove it until mid august when bat season ends

e: "It is also illegal to conduct a bat exclusion during the maternity season, which in Florida is defined as April 16 through August 14. The maternity season is the period of time that mothers give birth to their young and nurture them to adulthood."

I am hosed

I guess i have a new bat friend for the next month

names appreciated

just open your window

christ

• Locked thread