Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you

Applewhite posted:

Seriously like, I'm one of those people who tries to argue that Islam itself doesnt cause violence and that the islamic terrorism we're experiencing is an aberration, but eventually people are gonna stop listening to people like me. I hope for the sake of all the good and peaceful muslims out there that they get their violent bretheren under control pretty soon.

Yeah, ~~ not all muslims~~

It's not like the quran accepts and even commands violence against unbelievers, except in those parts where it does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

its actually kind of brilliant in a massively psychopathic way

a bomb can be found and disarmed, but good luck stopping a semi plowing at full speed into a crowd from injuring scores of people

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

big ben this is the rubber duck gonna roll a hot number two up in the frog splashers before smokey busts the gig

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

didnt he also jump out and start shooting

idk but it looks like they shot the driver through the windshield

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
If only there had been a truck pointing back.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Moridin920 posted:

I seriously feel like some Western country is going to elect some right wing nutto and yeah that'll be that for ISIS because no one else is going to stop that country from just going full bore.

Many european countries have seen the rise of nationalistic parties, one of those is france. Some even made a big entry from basically complete obscurity in such short time that it would be truly amazing if it wouldn't be so worrisome. These terrorist attacks pretty much always mean a bump in popularity for them. Political climate in europe will change in the next few years and I guess we'll see what happens, even though the general trend you'll see more of is sealing the borders, laws in place that are basically strongly discouraging to anything that isn't the countries leading culture, and getting a lot less involved in the humanitarian disaster that is the middle east. Maybe the latter is for the best. Getting halfheartedly involved in these countries never worked out for anyone.

The integration of these people just has failed. They're too different. You can have your anti-discrimination laws and policies and whatever but you just can't force people to get along and be friends. Even if these people completely westernize (rare; not something that can be forced, they really have to want this) they often face a lot of scrutiny and aren't really accepted by their countrymen, if they don't their option is to live in a parallel-society that exist alongside the western one, to the point that even people born and living in the 2nd and 3rd generation here leave an impression as if they've just stepped off a refugee boat last week when you encounter them. (which is also rare! That's how isolated they are) This is not something that will just somehow solve itself.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 15, 2016

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Crazy Ted posted:

Their Muslims, of which they have a lot, are basically concentrated in suburban slums where they have little in the way of employment and lots of time to do things like get radicalized and plot terrorisms

Enlightened French policy of creating large ghettos back fired lol

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

Hey has anyone said they should call it "Bad" France yet?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
i guess the new reality is 50+ people dying every few months in the west as well as the middle east

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Excelzior posted:

its actually kind of brilliant in a massively psychopathic way

a bomb can be found and disarmed, but good luck stopping a semi plowing at full speed into a crowd from injuring scores of people
UP THE BOLLARDS!!!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

tesla self driving assault trucks

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

didnt he also jump out and start shooting

all I can see is that the driver exchanged fire with the police, and the photo with the windshield full of bullet holes

if he did jump out I don't think he was able to shoot many people? idk I guess

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

Their Muslims, of which they have a lot, are basically concentrated in suburban slums where they have little in the way of employment and lots of time to do things like get radicalized and plot terrorisms

France should invest in public works in order to cure their mass employment, maybe something like the autobahn?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Crazy Ted posted:

Was this de jure or de facto self-segregation? Is there any responsibility in these communities for integration/assimilation or is it all the fault of the secular administration?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

fits my needs posted:

Enlightened French policy of creating large ghettos back fired lol
It makes teenage Muslims easy targets for ISIS recruitment.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Crazy Ted posted:

Nice subtle "the french wont employ them so its not their fault they commit terror!" comment.

Do you see millions of unemployed Mexicans/South Americans committing terrorist attacks like this in the US?

Terrorist apologist, shame shame shame.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

all I can see is that the driver exchanged fire with the police, and the photo with the windshield full of bullet holes

if he did jump out I don't think he was able to shoot many people? idk I guess

keep us updated morondin

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

there are videos emerging on liveleak but im not linking them

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Crazy Ted posted:

Their Muslims, of which they have a lot, are basically concentrated in suburban slums where they have little in the way of employment and lots of time to do things like get radicalized and plot terrorisms. It makes young, impressionable men especially prone to ISIS recruitment.

The Other France

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

the trump tutelage posted:

Has anyone figured out if there's anything connecting these attacks? Any kind of unifying ideology or ethos shared by the attackers?

actually the truck driver was a white guy bbut apparenttly he also shouted "alahu ackbar" out the window

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing 2 looking good.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

ethanol posted:

tesla self driving assault trucks

gently caress you I missed this joke by 2 minutes

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Crazy Ted posted:

The French police made the mistake of not treating them like American policemens interactions with minorities.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

FourLeaf posted:

i guess the new reality is 50+ people dying every few months in the west as well as the middle east

50+ people die from terrorism in the mid east every single weak, check the rolling terrorism thread.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
#notalltrucks

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

nigga crab pollock posted:

actually the truck driver was a white guy bbut apparenttly he also shouted "alahu ackbar" out the window

post the picture you have maybe?

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

nigga crab pollock posted:

it's almost as if Islam is an ideology not specific to one race of people

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
Speed 3 is dark as gently caress

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Crazy Ted posted:

being muslim makes teenage muslims easy targets for isis recruitment

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
remember libs, trump wants to PREVENT this from happening in america, while hillary wants to IMPORT it

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
How can Eropen politicians still have the cheek to tell people "it's not Islam" and other poo poo like that??

Jesus, but King Ferdinand and Isabella had the right of it, but they had the wrong target in the jews.

And France was just about to call off the State of Emergency :( gently caress Islam to hell. It has the same value as Nazism, you're either one of them or just a walking corpse or taxable chump

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

African AIDS cum posted:

remember libs, trump wants to PREVENT this from happening in america, while hillary wants to IMPORT it

when asked about other world leaders Hillary Clinton can be quoted as saying "i highly admire Angela Merkel"

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Time for people to be condescending pricks about us mourning this attack because these things happen in middle east countries too!!!

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Buca di Bepis posted:

actually it'd likely be berberic based on demographics

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

when asked about other world leaders Hillary Clinton can be quoted as saying "i highly admire Angela Merkel"

or "why not 100,000" when bringing in extremely conservative Syrian (?) refugees.

You have to put a question mark next to Syrian because we really have no idea where the gently caress these people are coming from.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Decebal posted:

Jesus, but King Ferdinand and Isabella had the right of it, but they had the wrong target in the jews.

lol if you think isis isn't an israeli puppet

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

VR Native American posted:

Speed 3 is dark as gently caress

Speed 3: Jews Control

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
its because it is incredibly politically inconvenient to call it islamic extremism when you are allied with islamic extremist governments and also because its just really bad form to boil down a complicated issue like this into a simple statement which makes implications about people unrelated to the entire affair

redmedicine
Mar 7, 2015

SirStiansen posted:

I dont think its so difficult really. I believe lack of education, no hope (in their own countries) and propaganda in their communities and mosque create these killers.

saw a study of british jihadis that found being in education was actually one of the risk factors. i think that's a pattern in most of the other ISIS inspired attacks in europe over the last couple years too. the idea that these guys are usually social outcasts doesn't seem to stack up either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Has Obama said "these people are not Muslims" yet? It will work one of these days!

• Locked thread