Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Moola posted:

ya I know his art is great

I have a feeling that Crews would be semi-very successful at nearly anything he wanted to do. He's our generation's da Vinci.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

raditts posted:

Will he be able to emulate Rhythm Heaven on that PC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4F7rj5DtfQ

why the hell would he want to? crews is a good dude that knows console gaming is lovely rear end

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
So this guy is tall, muscular, rich, talented and funny and he knows that the PC is the superior platform. I want to hate him but I can't, it's not fair.

He even had the luck to be born when being black is good and cool.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

rezatahs posted:

why the hell would he want to? crews is a good dude that knows console gaming is lovely rear end

so you didn't look at the link then

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
im glad terry crews is a pc nerd now

it is cool and good

its socially acceptable now

now guys can go up to girls and be like

i have a rig just like terry crews

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

notZaar posted:

So this guy is tall, muscular, rich, talented and funny and he knows that the PC is the superior platform. I want to hate him but I can't, it's not fair.

He even had the luck to be born when being black is good and cool.

He's the definition of an attractive and successful African-American.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

raditts posted:

so you didn't look at the link then

i saw anime girl in the thumbnail and "emulate" in the post and just assumed terrible console game

i aint got time to click :justpost:

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
When does he run for president as Camacho?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Captain Beans posted:

When does he run for president as Camacho?

crews as crews would beat trump or clinton with like 90% of the vote. why has nobody made this happen?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

mobby_6kl posted:

He's the definition of an attractive and successful African-American.

No wonder John Pop has such a low self esteem when the measuring stick is Mr. Crews.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i wonder what CS:GO skins he'll buy

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Bill NYSE posted:

I have always known ASUS to make terrible motherboards. When did this change?

seriously you should consider their ROG line of motherboards because they've been amazing for me since my first P4 build. every PCB i've ever gotten from them was thick enough to kill a man and overclocks are easy and rock solid.

edit: For what it's worth I haven't upgraded my main pc poo poo since getting the amazing i5 2500k so I don't know what their quality is like these days. They've gone very esports with advertising and stuff so they could be producing a higher quantity with lower quality.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
My 770 has started showing signs of overheating, I don't get it. The case is clean and I can feel warm air coming out of the card's slot but my pc froze up three times this week during gaming and the video card PCB was almost too hot to touch.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

notZaar posted:

My 770 has started showing signs of overheating, I don't get it. The case is clean and I can feel warm air coming out of the card's slot but my pc froze up three times this week during gaming and the video card PCB was almost too hot to touch.

Maybe the thermal compound is failing. Disassemble and reapply compound. If you fix it problem solved. If you break then you have an excuse to buy a 1070 so problem solved.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Hmm I think in that case I'll wait until the vendors are done gauging the early adopters.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

notZaar posted:

Should have built your PC inside one of those mini fridges. Maybe even a tub of mineral oil.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
For my next project I'm going to nail all the components to a piece of plywood and hang it on my wall like a crucifixion.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Terry Crews always comes off as a super endearing guy. Him and the Rock need to make a buddy comedy

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I hope Terry Crews, whose name I just learned, enjoys playing games or using photoshop or whatever on his new PC :)

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

notZaar posted:

Hmm I think in that case I'll wait until the vendors are done gauging the early adopters.

If you want to get up and running again, it's actually pretty unlikely you'll break it. It's the same process as putting on a water block and people do that all the time.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

raditts posted:

Will he be able to emulate Rhythm Heaven on that PC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4F7rj5DtfQ

HA. First thing I thought of when I opened this thread.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

The Dennis System posted:

Alienware's are perfectly good, reliable computers. The only problem with them is that they're more expensive than building your own. But the few hundo more that you'd pay for an Alienware probably means nothing to Crews.

Every Alienware I've ever cracked open for a client has been a poo poo show. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. If you really are a loving retard who can't spend an hour making a PC, go through Origin PC. They do customizable PCs right.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Booblord Zagats posted:

Terry Crews always comes off as a super endearing guy. Him and the Rock need to make a buddy comedy

what would happen if they met in real life though?

I feel like the universe would not allow so much charisma, good looks, muscles, work ethic and good attitude to exist in the same room

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
does this count as a buddy comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_hWeN249fs

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

hmm hopefully he'll stream some lp's of dwarf fortress or ss13 next

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
PC gaming is very fun but also very, very depressing.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

wide stance posted:

PC gaming is very fun but also very, very depressing.

much the same could be said of life in general :newlol:

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

R-Type posted:

Lex Luthor: I don't even know who this is.

Ur a nerd.

And I'm a bigger nerd because I know what you were going for and also know you messed up the quote.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

texasmed posted:

seriously you should consider their ROG line of motherboards because they've been amazing for me since my first P4 build. every PCB i've ever gotten from them was thick enough to kill a man and overclocks are easy and rock solid.

edit: For what it's worth I haven't upgraded my main pc poo poo since getting the amazing i5 2500k so I don't know what their quality is like these days. They've gone very esports with advertising and stuff so they could be producing a higher quantity with lower quality.

their new stuff is good too, but my rule of thumb is just to make sure any PC part i buy has high average review scores

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Ur a nerd.

And I'm a bigger nerd because I know what you were going for and also know you messed up the quote.

We've all seen Justice League, your not special.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Pre-built PCs are often kinda scummy. I don't have a problem with the profit margin but it's common to see top-of-the-line processors paired with comparatively cheap and under powered video cards, like an i7 4790k with a GTX 750Ti.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

lol just get a playstation it does literally the same

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Wall Balls posted:

as a low end graphics card? I agree.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Wall Balls posted:

It's literally the same as getting fail AIDS from a tranny hobo.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The PS4 graphics chip performance is roughly half way between a 950 and a 960. Can you imagine!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Terry Crews and Dwayne Johnson are national loving treasures.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

wjat happened to snoop lion

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Rage posted:

Terry Crews and Dwayne Johnson are national loving treasures.

idk about the rock but tc is also a legit good person

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

vincent diesel is also a known strong, good man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
but he also like D&D which makes him irredeemable

• Locked thread