Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Godzilla07 posted:

The fact that Activision commissioned this deep of a remaster speaks to the confidence that Activision has in Infinity Ward in 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QAROB00wKU

But hell, I'm buying because GCU/Prime discount and I want to dunk on kids with the RPD again. I just hope they don't go overboard with rebalancing, e.g. removing Stopping Power.

Stopping Power stays, but Juggernaut gets removed. Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I can imagine that being the 25-kill streak you get, since we can't have things like the Tac Nuke anymore.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Maybe Infinite Warfare is like that dumb blockbuster genre where all they care about is theatrics.

And even then it's still a maybe decent.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

RBX posted:

All COD single players that aren't made by the actual Infinity Ward team are bad.

That reminds me, where's my post-credits fuckaround missions? CoD literally had it... then lost it circa MW3.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

What about Titanfall 2, given that it seems to be BLOPS 3, but with a grapple hook?

You mean BLOPS 3 but actually considering the future beyond augments and looks?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

Actually, the plot of AW is only decent if you consider 'Atlas Shrugged' to be good literature.
Kevin Spacey is the only thing that makes a story that stupid fun.
The idea of private military being more efficient was completely and utterly disproven in the poo poo show that was Iraq 2.

For some reason I downloaded that dumb Heroes game for the iOS. I saw Menendez in there and thought, "You better have Kevin Spacey as a Hero".

There wasn't any yet. Don't play Call of Duty Heroes.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

SO WHO'S READY FOR POSSIBLY CHEESY 80'S ZOMBIES EH EH

Because that's about the only good thing left in this dumb space game. IF that. Because holy loving Christ Activision is addicted to micros like the plague.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

To be honest, these leaks make me more interested in the game than possibly CoD XP's showing.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

The thing that had a real life Burger Town. Also where the whole "gently caress YOU LAST STAND" thing happened.

They're bringing it back for this game for some reason. My guess is to try to generate hype.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Fun fact: They also got David Hasselhoff and Pee-Wee Herman as the announcer and possibly the big bad.

EDIT: For more moments of wanting to die, 18-23 people got this and couldn't open it until they got a combo for the lock which was emailed once that clock hit zero-ish. The code was 11S, not sure why tbh.

Also check out Infinity Ward's new mixtape yo.

widespread fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 16, 2016

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

If Advanced Warfare 2 doesn't happen because of all the future setting complaints, I'll die.

I'd let AW2 happen if Kevin Spacey is retconned to survive.

In fact, I'm considering buying AW for the ol' PS4 because WHY NOT. And also with Ghosts being the only other option for the time being. no that is not a copy of Battlefield Hardline next to the PS4 what are you crazy

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Hackan Slash posted:

The PS4 ghosts hardened edition is selling for 15bux on Amazon.

A small price to pay for the last good CoD.

I actually wanna say that it was pretty decent? Campaign shook it up sorta in the sense that the ending is just the hero getting tortured the same way the villain does, multiplayer is boots on ground with consistent hitting, and Extinction has you shooting bugs instead of zombies.

I guess people wanted more Modern Warfare so that's why they poo poo on it? Or is there something more?

JackGeneric posted:

You'll need to have Infinite Warfare's disc in the console to play MWR, so if you were planning on selling IW and keeping MWR, no dice.

Jokes on them, I actually might play IW. :shepspends:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Knowing our luck, we're probably getting the good ol' Honey Badger in Space Cod. I hope, at least. Because while it was naturally silenced, it still felt good.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I like how that wall of Extinction text is a running joke now.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

And I forgot to register. Or GameStop doesn't even do the beta part.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

JackGeneric posted:

Intervention (now TF141)

I mean, I get the reference but... loving really?

I'm still gonna use it and try to be a mobile sniper instead of camping sniper.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Not to mention how there seems to be only one really useful trait in Merc's Man-At-Arms. Which I think is either faster ADS or Sleight of Hand... and then suddenly no movement penalties whatsoever after that.

That's assuming SMGs have a noticeable movement penalty.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

Assuming you mean the Merc's Super "laser" (read: plasma stream), it has finite range.

That's right, finite. It's basically the flamethrower from C&C: Renegade; a super thin stream of non-instant death, that ends about max shotgun range.

However, it's SUPPOSED to curve a slight bit. Not around corners or anything, just curve a bit,

Just hold off until you get the riot shield charge.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

faantastic posted:

Get your CHRONUSMAXPLUS GOING MOTHERFUCKER.

I tried keyboard+mouse again last night. It ruins console gaming since you win every single head to head fight. I can only imagine how retarded IW snipers would have been with.

It might make the Widowmaker rifle usable? Since you can aim your shots and potentially line it up so both bullets hit the dude.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

JackGeneric posted:

Based on the beta, it played similarly to Black Ops 3, but with a lot more reasons to fall over dead before you're able to react. Map design got away from some of Treyarch's more obnoxious tendencies (every map must have 3 lanes, dom flags must always be in a line, wall-running can only be used for flanking routes) but they're still a mixed bag.

Plus it's neo-Infinity Ward so we're probably getting more unbalanced poo poo. SMGs be SMGs, ARs have low recoil, Snipers have Aim Assist, LMGs have Man-At-Arms/better handling... but shotguns got straight hosed from Blops 3.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mill Village posted:

That sounds like a lot of nice changes. I might end up playing this dumb game.

Titanfall 2 doesn't seem to being doing so hot. :negative:

As they say, give it a bit. It might pick up. It's pretty fun.

Still, I'm cautiously optimistic about the non-IWMP/IWCampaign bits of this release.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

One of these days, I should host a lobby where some of you MP folks learn how to deal with an english bastard's design philosophy in terms of story and game shoot a zombie.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Meanwhile, Sony be loving up. Last I checked- circa 2:30 PM PST- preloading wasn't possible yet. But then loving Xbox gets their preload in.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Check your library? I had the beta downloaded (and MWR) and IW just added and downloaded itself at some point this week.

Check your Purchased Library thingy (thing on the FAR right). Got mine preloaded and will probably avoid MP since I loving DOUBT the servers are gonna be good enough to play on Day 1.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Wait, you mean to tell me that the servers are actually pretty stable? Well poo poo, guess I should hop away from the zombies a bit... except for the fact I'm getting what I believe is the MP stuff without touching the MP.

The gently caress, Neo IW.

Maybe I'll check out MWR soonish.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Speaking of CoD4, I don't remember this Shipment. I do remember dying a fair bit but...

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Spaceland Zombos update: It's both easy and hard. Easy in the sense that basic dumb shootmans is possible, you get an axe if you're lucky, and Pack-a-Punch only requires the only four portals on the map to be used once.

It's also hard in the sense that you might as well not go for the revive perk since dying and reviving as it is in solo fuckin' SUCKS. Also hard in that there's a big guy with a mask. Apparently you can see through the mask with the hater blockers.

Oh, and those coins? Yeah... bout that.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I don't know about you guys but I think I just won the game :huh:

If only that was available on your merc rig straight up.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

In other news, the Killing Floor 2 beta is good, and not poo poo like this game. It's the first zombie game I have ever liked, probably due to its similarities to Extinction.

As a person who played KF2 on PC for a bit, lemme tell ya: Suicidal and Hell on Earth should probably be avoided. Unless you want a challenge and/or more bullshit.

Also, LET'S TRY GAS.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

I want to do the Easter Egg.. is there anyone here who is skilled enough to get me through it?

PS4.

It actually gets a bit rougher with more people. Like, the initial defenses are probably easier but you have to kill one extra alien per player in your game. Up to four aliens.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

Key progression was definitely halved, compared to BLOPS 3. Hooooly poo poo is it ever slow.

Gotta rake in that desperate grab for keys.

Also Zombies is helping me get keys for MP stuff, even though their crates are different. Instead of two potentially poo poo items and a rare, it's one poo poo item and a rare and a pack of Pay2Win Buggy-As-gently caress I-Use-Coupon-Clipper-At-The-ATM Fate and Fortune cards.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

victrix posted:

4) LMGs with Man At Arms, specifically the RAW, is really loving good. Quickdraw, Stock, sight of your choice, go ham. Three shot kill, full mobility, nearly bottomless mag. It's reallll nice.

I FUCKIN' TOLD YOU.

Man, is this how it feels to have good ideas?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

freeranger posted:

I found that IW token thing I was asking about.

It is a customize option for my guns, just a little token that hangs off the side of the gun. Nothing exciting. :ms:

Except for Gun Nuts, of course.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

This netcode is such garbage loving trash it makes MW3 look consistent.

What a motherfuckingly aggravating worthless waste of my time.

Neo-Infinity Ward must have heard you complain about the netcode, as it is now double XP for Multiplayer.

Edit: I meant Zombies Multiplayer. I think. Monkey's Paw and all.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

SubponticatePoster posted:

I was confused by this too *beats other team 100-34* "Well that mission was a bust!"

I find it hilarious both ways. Like, I think I got gold on a lost game and the guy acted like I did a drat good job.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

How often do you play this game? I've gotten less keys than I do games played.
The payout rate is a loving joke.

Consider biting the bullet by playing ZOMBIES IN SPACELAND. Their key rate is sorta better in that if you pass round 10 or 11, it's already more keys than the average MP match. But then again, it did snub Extinction 2 out.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

True story: tonight I killed the ENTIRE enemy team with one trip mine.

Got the clip? I wanna see this six man with one trip mine.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mill Village posted:

So this nearly 900mb patch just fixed a bunch of cosmetic poo poo and didn't bother to fix any of the major issues still present from the demo beta. If you don't have a player on your team that benefits from the netcode, you are so screwed.

Try reporting it? I think they're watching the IW subreddit somewhat closely.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

Bought two Titanfall Dew cans, and they don't have codes! :argh:

why put the brand on it if you aren't going to promote anything

To get you to buy the bottles, of course.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Speaking of orange shotguns, anyone ever get the Rack-9 variant yet? I have it, but unfortunately the Rack-9 is loving high in terms of player level req's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's pretty bad in that regard but it's not anywhere near Ghosts. That game had the worst color palette of any game I think I've played since the PSX era.

Ghosts felt as if Infinity Ward saw people calling CoD games 'brown and grey' and got upset and overreacted, like oh yeah? You think MW2 is 'brown n' bloom', xXCapn_Pri$eXx? You think MW3 is '2gray4me', b0n3rL0rD? Huh? You guys wanna see loving gray and brown, you've got it, gently caress YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I want a CoD that's ultra contrast. Or at least saturated contrast.

• Locked thread