Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Hi. Cis-male identifying as homosexual (currently) reporting in. I play Pokemon go in local restrooms in support of homeless post-op transgendered teens. I was wondering if this Macy's guy would play infinite warfare with me. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

While I'll still buy it (for CoD4), I genuinely might skip the multiplayer for Titanfall 2's. I'm getting really, really tired of CoD's consistently broken matchmaking... and their de-emphasis on cover penetration in this last go-around; which has always been one of my favourite aspects of the franchise.

I want some new bugs to bitch about. And a new(er) game engine to make fun of.

I hadn't realized from the nightly sessions that you were displeased with the lack of cover penetration (I'm chacha)

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

Really? I've been complaining about it since launch.

I don't know if the devs are just missing various bits around the map, but there's a lot of spots in areas under constant fire that- visually speaking, should allow my future bullets to punch right through.

I guess I should have added a slash s at the end of that.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mill Village posted:

This game should be cheap by the time I get bored of Titanfall 2.

That's a good strategy that I think I'm going to have to use.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Having never played a cod beta, how does it work? Is everything unlocked immediately or do you have to level grind?

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

So can we talk about how this game kind of plays and feels lovely? The graphic design of it is pretty much terrible and feels like something that came out a decade or more ago and the play is pretty much hardcore mode. I'm kind of hating it right now.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

BobbyBaudoin posted:

"This year I am definitely skipping this" - me before beta

Me now :smith:

Think I lost my right to bitch about video games not being good.

Why were you charged $129 for that. Are those Australian moon dollars or something? I thought it was $100 usd.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Javes posted:

If I'm not mistaken the CEO of Activision said those maps would be added free of charge at CoD XP.

I'm pretty sure you're right. I remember them saying they wouldn't be ready for launch but that they would be included. Besides, dlc 1 for iw won't be ready until February I'm sure.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Oh man are we finally going to get DLC that's actually worth the price content wise?

Assuming of course they are going to be adding in new guns,new maps for IW,possibly more of the COD 4 maps for Remaster, on top whatever they are going to do with Zombies?

Sounds like a lot of content for 15 at least.

Uh...what? I was agreeing with Javes that I remember hearing something about the remaining cod4 maps being free for everyone who owns mwr. The second part was to say that they likely wouldn't pull a "pay-for" since the first dlc for infinite warfare won't be released until February and the remaining cod4 maps are being released next month.

But regardless, the dlc will assuredly not be worth the money. Blops didn't add guns. It was just 1 map for zombies and 4 maps (mostly not great maps at that) for mp.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

In the future we are all sexless and brown, macys.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

SubponticatePoster posted:

Wasn't it ChaCha that thought I was a sassy redhead?

Yes, and no amount of anything with change that mental picture of you.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

In non-imagining-people-as-redheads news, my copy shipped. I'll be plunking that fucker in the second I get it and downloading MWR. Can't wait for the servers to poo poo the bed on day one as has been the annual tradition.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

My copy is out for delivery as of 5:10AM. So I should have it in my grubby mitts somewhere in the vicinity of 7:45P if the USPS keeps with it's delivery tradition at my new place. So by the time everything downloads and installs I should be ready to go by Sunday. PSN is AhChaChaChaCha if you don't have me on your list. I doubt I'll even play IW this weekend since the servers are likely to be hosed. I'm all over MWR though.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Remote connected to my mac that's remote connected to my PS4 so I can make sure this poo poo has everything updated and is ready to go the second I get home.

Nerd

housefly fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Nov 4, 2016

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Games tonight in IW were good at first then the connection started going to poo poo. Moved over to MWR and went 3.0 my first game. That game owns.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

trash person posted:

How are people still using only the stock 500 gb drives.

Upgrade to a terabyte or something Jesus

Buy a drive for me. Thanks in advance!

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

You can find a 2TB one for like $70 at Costco.

I know. It's not high on the priority list right now.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Today I had a much better experience with lag, I was able to win gunfights and had a pretty good time.

Now I'm at a point, however, where I don't know if I won because the fight was fair, or because the lag advantaged me and the other team had to deal with terrible delays/instant deaths.

I'm wondering the same thing. Most of the games I played with you today went fine and I was positive. But there were a couple when I'd shoot first and die first. I hope they get it consistent for everyone soon.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I wish I understood the netcode in this game. It's so unbelievably inconsistent. Earlier today I hopped on and did pretty well. Most matches were 1.0 - 2.0ish. Then this evening I couldn't kill anyone and was averaging between 0.4 and 0.6 every game. I just hopped on and played three matches and got 2.0 - 3.0 in all of them. According to Reddit I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Ah, launch weekends...

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Javes posted:

Defender is made for pubstomping.

Does this come in hardcore flavor?

Seriously though, hc is where it's at for IW.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Any of the PS4 peeps staring at the tire fire early tonight?

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

venutolo posted:

Me and Ty/Cletus are on, probably playing HC something.

Cool. Be on in 5 or 10

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

It's funny because I have those types of problems in core, but hc is consistently better for me connection wise. The last couple matches last night I started having that issue, but the 20+ I'd played prior didn't have those problems and I was doing well. *shrug*

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Troutz posted:

Titanfall 2 is awesome.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I have room in my heart for both titanfall and iw and will be switching between them.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

holy hell if you just prestiged and want to climb back up to mid 20s ASAP FFA levels you hilariously quick

also it helps when your hip fire only smg gives a 10% bonus to your score :getin:

Huh. Good to know. I was wondering what the powerhouse xp mode was this time around.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I'm going to guess that you had to preorder it digitally.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I did. Like a civilized person living in 2016

Jokes on you. I can sell this piece of poo poo trash game and get some money back for it. Mind you I probably won't because lazy and reasons, but still. At least I have the option.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah so I guess kudos to people who can stand playing this garbage fire? Those hard stats are nice to see because it validates that I'm not just pissed for no reason. What a mess.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I made the qos updates posted earlier in this thread and things now seem more consistent. Still not perfect, but I haven't had as many aggravating deaths in a match. I've been playing mostly hardcore and my shots are registering how I feel they should.

Anyone playing this tire fire right now? I'm done with adulting for the day.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I've heard tale on Reddit that they're rolling back xp on people who use the ctf glitch. Buyer beware.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

Paging Chacha to post his "I paid to win" Marshals.

I don't think I have a screenshot of them. I need to look next time I fire up the PlayStation.

I'm definitely not paying another cent toward this game, despite the qos settings helping substantially with the game. Oh and getting the raw benediction out of a crate. That gun owns.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

What are the settings that help? Fired it up last night and the shitfuck connection had me going like 8-24 because I could not kill fuckall. I enjoy this when it works, I just want it to work more often.

I did a number of speed tests using that tool posted a couple pages ago and then averaged those out and took 90% of the values. Then I enabled QoS on my router (quality of service) and put the calculated numbers in. I've been way more consistent with this trash heap since and regularly go positive as a result. The number of bullshit deaths is minimal in comparison and I believe Orbital and Javes can attest that I'm bitching far less the last couple days. :-)

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I think I'm done with this garbage heap. Tonight everything went back to being exactly like it was before the qos updates I made. No game is worth constant futzing around with a router just to get it to work. gently caress that. Fix the damned net code, iw.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

this game kind of sucks

Ftyf

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Yay! What's your psn? I'm horrible at matching forums names with gaming bro/grrl names.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Oh hey! I thought you were obese janissary or something like that. Let's play titanfall! Jack and Javes have it too.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Lol that you people are still playing this garbage fire. i might hop on and play some in a bit

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mill Village posted:

New patch just dropped. No leaderboards or map glitch fixes.

I bet the market is working great though. Priorities.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

excuse me while i make 36 twitter accounts to pester devs to give every user a free unlock token

Reddit is already ablaze with people fuming over this and the fact that you don't earn xp in multi right now due to a bug from the patch.

Have I called this game a piece of poo poo today?

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

dont buy infinite warfare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Hi folks. My house was broken into today and my PlayStation was stolen (along with my Xbox). Feel free to send as many offensive messages to me as possible. I'm sure there's a way to get it recovered. They're already trying to change the password on, which I'm getting messages on my phone saying right now. So spam AhChaChaChaCha with tons of dick pics and gay sex pics. Seriously. gently caress those people.

• Locked thread